The earth is like a tiny grain of sand, only much, much heavier.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: H(D,D)==0 is proved to be correct

SubjectAuthor
o H(D,D)==0 is proved to be correctRichard Damon

1
Re: H(D,D)==0 is proved to be correct

<SD7RL.868095$t5W7.848543@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11746&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11746

Subject: Re: H(D,D)==0 is proved to be correct
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,sci.math,comp.ai.philosophy
From: Richard@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:31:45 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 00:31 UTC

On 3/17/23 8:20 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/17/2023 6:41 PM, olcott wrote:

>> every D correctly simulated by any H never halts
>> no matter what H does because halting requires reaching a final state
>> Therefore any H(D,D) that returns 0 is necessarily correct.
>>

> every D correctly simulated by any H never halts
>
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
>
> because halting requires reaching a final state
> and D simulated by H never reaches its final state
>
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
> no matter what H does
>
> Therefore any H(D,D) that returns 0 is necessarily correct.

Which just proves your STUPIDITY, since it doesn't matter what an
aborted simulation of D does, what matters is what D itself does as a
machine. Remember, the DEFINION of Halting which you like to quote and
then ignore, is that the MACHINE reaches a final state, and D does.

And D(D) Halts if H(D,D) returns 0, thus that answer is incorrect BY
DEFINITION.

Yes, perhaps your H is a correct POOP decider, as it seems that D
doesn't POOP since H can never simulate it to a final state, but Halt it
does.

And you POOP is like an elephant's, since it is full of the straw from
your strawman from your trying to replace the definiion of Halting with
a simulation by H.