Interchangeable parts won't.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming call

SubjectAuthor
* If Action button is pressed during an incoming callCameo
`* Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming callJolly Roger
 +* Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming callJolly Roger
 |`- Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming callCameo
 `* Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming callCameo
  `- Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming callJolly Roger

1
If Action button is pressed during an incoming call

<unjs81$22gth$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11809&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11809

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: If Action button is pressed during an incoming call
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 17:28:51 +0100
 by: Cameo - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:28 UTC

that will turn off the ringing. But I did not realize that all later
calls will also come in without ringing until I do something about it.
I expected that the effect is only for one incoming call. Am I assuming
this wrong?

Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming call

<l05b41Fpp1vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11810&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11810

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 9 Jan 2024 16:38:25 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:38 UTC

On 2024-01-09, Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> that will turn off the ringing. But I did not realize that all later
> calls will also come in without ringing until I do something about it.
> I expected that the effect is only for one incoming call. Am I assuming
> this wrong?

Sounds like you have it set to be the mute switch. On older models, the
mute switch was a physical switch, where it would remain on mute until
you toggled the switch again to unmute.

JR

Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming call

<l05b6cFpp1vU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11811&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11811

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 9 Jan 2024 16:39:40 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:39 UTC

On 2024-01-09, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-09, Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
>> that will turn off the ringing. But I did not realize that all later
>> calls will also come in without ringing until I do something about
>> it. I expected that the effect is only for one incoming call. Am I
>> assuming this wrong?
>
> Sounds like you have it set to be the mute switch. On older models,
> the mute switch was a physical switch, where it would remain on mute
> until you toggled the switch again to unmute.

Forgot to add:

If you want to mute a single call, pressing the power button once will
do that. And pressing the power button twice will mute and send the
caller straight to voicemail.

JR

Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming call

<unkfg9$25o9a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11815&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11815

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 22:57:31 +0100
 by: Cameo - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:57 UTC

On 1/9/2024 5:38 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2024-01-09, Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
>> that will turn off the ringing. But I did not realize that all later
>> calls will also come in without ringing until I do something about it.
>> I expected that the effect is only for one incoming call. Am I assuming
>> this wrong?
>
> Sounds like you have it set to be the mute switch. On older models, the
> mute switch was a physical switch, where it would remain on mute until
> you toggled the switch again to unmute.

I just used Action button in the same state it came with. Did not change
anything about it.

Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming call

<unkfjo$25o9a$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11816&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11816

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 22:59:22 +0100
 by: Cameo - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:59 UTC

On 1/9/2024 5:39 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2024-01-09, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-09, Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
>>> that will turn off the ringing. But I did not realize that all later
>>> calls will also come in without ringing until I do something about
>>> it. I expected that the effect is only for one incoming call. Am I
>>> assuming this wrong?
>>
>> Sounds like you have it set to be the mute switch. On older models,
>> the mute switch was a physical switch, where it would remain on mute
>> until you toggled the switch again to unmute.
>
> Forgot to add:
>
> If you want to mute a single call, pressing the power button once will
> do that. And pressing the power button twice will mute and send the
> caller straight to voicemail.

I did not know that but I found out today that by pressing the
audio-down toggle will do what I want.

Re: If Action button is pressed during an incoming call

<l06gi0F1ht1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11820&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11820

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 10 Jan 2024 03:17:20 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 03:17 UTC

On 2024-01-09, Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> On 1/9/2024 5:38 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> On 2024-01-09, Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
>>> that will turn off the ringing. But I did not realize that all later
>>> calls will also come in without ringing until I do something about
>>> it. I expected that the effect is only for one incoming call. Am I
>>> assuming this wrong?
>>
>> Sounds like you have it set to be the mute switch. On older models,
>> the mute switch was a physical switch, where it would remain on mute
>> until you toggled the switch again to unmute.
>
> I just used Action button in the same state it came with. Did not
> change anything about it.

Pretty sure it mimic the physical mute switch by default, which would
explain why it behaves like one. You can change it to whatever you want.

JR