It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

SubjectAuthor
* Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tesdavid
+- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedAlan
+* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedAlan Browne
> [...]
|       `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedJolly Roger
|        `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedPeter
|         +- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedAlan
|         `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedJolly Roger
|          `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedPeter
|           +- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedAlan
|           `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedJolly Roger
|            `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedPeter
|             `- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedAlan
`* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedYour Name
 +- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedHank Rogers
 `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedHank Rogers
  `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedOscar Mayer
> [...]
        `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedPeter
         `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedJolly Roger
          `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedPeter
           +* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedAlan
           |`- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed*Hemidactylus*
           +- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed*Hemidactylus*
           `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedJolly Roger
            `* Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedPeter
             `- Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposedAlan

Pages:1234
Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq91ea$35tc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12215&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12215

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:38:50 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:38 UTC

On 2024-02-10 11:54, david wrote:
> Using <news:kqLxN.280713$Ama9.98273@fx12.iad>, Alan Browne wrote:
>
>>> Nobody could deny this app easily slipped through Apple's checks and
>>> nobody could deny it took Apple too long to react (at least if you ask
>>
>> Again you don't understand what happened.  No surprise.
>
> What do you disagree with of my understanding based on the reports?

The part where you called it "malware"?

> 1. *Apple pulled it* after LastPass asked them to remove it.
> 2. Apple took a few days and then fully *agreed* with LastPass.
> 2. LastPass clearly publicly says it's *fraudulent malware*.

Where did they say that?

> Which do you dispute and what is your basis for that dispute?
That anyone called it "malware".

And because those words do not appear in the article you cited...

....not said by anyone.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq91gg$35td$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12216&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12216

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:40:00 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:40 UTC

On 2024-02-10 12:09, david wrote:
> Using <news:l2ofkiFg2ogU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> It's about Apple boasting that they check for malware when it's clear
>>> that
>>
>> This app isn't malware.
>
> LastPass called it "Fraudulent Malware" and Apple subsequently removed it.
> After testing it for two days (according to the reports).

That's a lie; that LastPass called it "malware".

> So what's clear is it didn't meet Apple's requirements.
> And yet, it was there. Which likely indicates plenty of others are also.
>
> That it happened clearly shows Apple's boasts are hollow.
> That's what you don't like.
>
> And you shouldn't like it.
> Blame Apple. Not LastPass.
> All LastPass did was inform Apple the app passed Apple's checks and yet the
> app clearly does not meet Apple's boastful requirements.
>
> Otherwise, Apple wouldn't have removed it after investigating it for days.

You have yet to show that anyone called it "malware".

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<l2ql1jFsfhcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12217&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12217

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: 11 Feb 2024 01:09:07 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 01:09 UTC

On 2024-02-10, david <this@is.invalid> wrote:
> LastPass clearly publicly says it's *fraudulent malware*.

Liar. Your own article disputes your obvious lie:

<https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>

All you trolls have are weak lies. Pathetic.

JR

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<l2ql3fFsfhcU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12218&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12218

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: 11 Feb 2024 01:10:07 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 01:10 UTC

On 2024-02-10, david <this@is.invalid> wrote:
> Using <news:l2ofkiFg2ogU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> It's about Apple boasting that they check for malware when it's
>>> clear that
>>
>> This app isn't malware.
>
> LastPass called it "Fraudulent Malware"

That's a lie, as anyone who reads your article can see:

<https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>

Weak troll, as usual.

JR

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<_hWxN.84698$GX69.55934@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12221&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12221

Apple's supposed tests
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:29:11 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 02:29 UTC

Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2024-02-10 14:54, david wrote:
>> Using <news:kqLxN.280713$Ama9.98273@fx12.iad>, Alan Browne

>>> Again you don't understand what happened.  No surprise.
>>
>> What do you disagree with of my understanding based on the
>> reports?
>>
>> 1. *Apple pulled it* after LastPass asked them to remove it.
>> 2. Apple took a few days and then fully *agreed* with LastPass.
>> 2. LastPass clearly publicly says it's *fraudulent malware*.
>>
>> Which do you dispute and what is your basis for that dispute?
>
> You said it passed through Apple's checks.  Quite right.  Of
> course it did, because it was not malware per se.  It is
> imposter ware, perhaps, and there is no way Apple could control
> for that.
>
> Lastpass did __not__ say the imposter was malware, by the way.
>
> As explained elsewhere, when one trusts Lastpass or 1Password
> to be a password locker manager, one is putting full faith in
> their reputations - fact is, if they wanted, they could be
> sucking all the data out of your "locker" along with the
> decrypt key and use it maliciously.
>
> Fortunately they have instead earned the trust of millions of
> users to use their products as reliable purpose made apps.
>
> As to the imposter ware, it is malware free as far as anyone
> knows, but nobody has tested it sufficiently to see if it is
> trustworthy.
>
> Now I expect the above is confusing to you, because you are
> what you are.

Apple is always treated unfairly.

Why does everyone persecute this poor little company?

It's a damn shame.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9nhp$14ot$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12222&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12222

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:56:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:56 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote on 11 Feb 2024 01:10:07 GMT :

>>> This app isn't malware.
>>
>> LastPass called it "Fraudulent Malware"
>
> That's a lie, as anyone who reads your article can see:
>
> <https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>
>
> Weak troll, as usual.

So the fraudulent app had never made it into the Apple App Store then?

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9niq$1535$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12223&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12223

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:56:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:m15mEYy3FKW7Yizu4r7Ew8cJK1E= sha256:A90zyx1rl6eIyMIQPgvX8IZ16zhq42N+gFRgEqE6j7I=

Alan Browne wrote on Sat, 10 Feb 2024 17:03:28 -0500 :

> Because LastPass protested over the imposter ware attempting to pass it
> off as a LastPass product.

So it never happened?

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9nuc$29nf1$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12224&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12224

From: this@is.invalid (david)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:02:53 -0700
 by: david - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 06:02 UTC

Using <news:uq91ea$35tc$1@dont-email.me>, Alan wrote:

>> What do you disagree with of my understanding based on the reports?
>
> The part where you called it "malware"?

That doesn't matter.

It was fraudulent. It stole credit card and personal information.
It wasn't LastPass but it pretended in look & feel to be LastPass.

The chance of it not being malware is zero - but you can believe it was
just trying to give people an alternative way to access LastPass.

Whether it exercised its payload yet or not, it was in the App Store.
That Apple booted it means it didn't pass Apple's stated requirements.

That it was in the App Store means Apple doesn't test for fraudulent apps.
Why did Apple allow it into the App Store if they never tested it first?

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9o2q$29nkm$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12225&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12225

From: this@is.invalid (david)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:05:15 -0700
 by: david - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 06:05 UTC

Using <news:l2ql1jFsfhcU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Liar. Your own article disputes your obvious lie:
>
> <https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>
>
> All you trolls have are weak lies. Pathetic.

That doesn't matter. It's like the Judge convicting someone for shooting a
person in the torso and you insist it didn't happen because he shot him in
the abdomen (it's just your weak excuse solely by you playing on words).

It was fraudulent. It stole credit card and personal information.
It wasn't LastPass but it pretended in look & feel to be LastPass.

The chance of it not being malware is zero - but you can believe it was
just trying to give people an alternative way to access LastPass.

Whether it exercised its payload yet or not, it was in the App Store.
That Apple booted it means it didn't pass Apple's stated requirements.

That it was in the App Store means Apple doesn't test for fraudulent apps.
Why did Apple allow it into the App Store if they never tested it first?

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9t9f$sp9v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12227&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12227

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:34:07 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:34 UTC

On 2024-02-10 22:05, david wrote:
> Using <news:l2ql1jFsfhcU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> Liar. Your own article disputes your obvious lie:
>>
>> <https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>
>>
>> All you trolls have are weak lies. Pathetic.
>
> That doesn't matter. It's like the Judge convicting someone for shooting a
> person in the torso and you insist it didn't happen because he shot him in
> the abdomen (it's just your weak excuse solely by you playing on words).

No. It's like the judge ruling that shooting a firearm that doesn't it
anyone isn't murdeer.

> It was fraudulent. It stole credit card and personal information.

It was fraudulent in that it tried to convince you it was LastPass.

There is no evidence that it "stole credit card and personal information".

> It wasn't LastPass but it pretended in look & feel to be LastPass.
>
> The chance of it not being malware is zero - but you can believe it was
> just trying to give people an alternative way to access LastPass.
>
> Whether it exercised its payload yet or not, it was in the App Store.
> That Apple booted it means it didn't pass Apple's stated requirements.
>
> That it was in the App Store means Apple doesn't test for fraudulent apps.
> Why did Apple allow it into the App Store if they never tested it first?

You have no evidence that it was tested...

....Arlen

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9taf$sp9v$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12228&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12228

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:34:38 -0800

On 2024-02-10 22:02, david wrote:
> Using <news:uq91ea$35tc$1@dont-email.me>, Alan wrote:
>
>>> What do you disagree with of my understanding based on the reports?
>>
>> The part where you called it "malware"?
>
> That doesn't matter.

You want it not to matter...

....now.

Because you were wrong...

....Arlen

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9tcf$sp9v$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12230&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12230

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:35:43 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:35 UTC

On 2024-02-10 21:56, Andrew wrote:

>>> LastPass called it "Fraudulent Malware"
>>
>> That's a lie, as anyone who reads your article can see:
>>
>> <https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>
>>
>> Weak troll, as usual.
>
> So the fraudulent app had never made it into the Apple App Store then?

Making it into the App Store doesn't make it "malware" that Apple didn't
catch...

....Arlen

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uq9td4$sp9v$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12231&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12231

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:36:04 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:36 UTC

On 2024-02-10 21:56, Andrew wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote on Sat, 10 Feb 2024 17:03:28 -0500 :
>
>> Because LastPass protested over the imposter ware attempting to pass it
>> off as a LastPass product.
>
> So it never happened?

It was never malware...

....which is what you claimed...

....Arlen.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<aU3yN.444151$83n7.406309@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12232&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12232

Apple's supposed tests
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 08:24:21 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:24 UTC

On 2024-02-10 21:29, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote:

>>> What do you disagree with of my understanding based on the reports?
>>>
>>> 1. *Apple pulled it* after LastPass asked them to remove it.
>>> 2. Apple took a few days and then fully *agreed* with LastPass.
>>> 2. LastPass clearly publicly says it's *fraudulent malware*.
>>>
>>> Which do you dispute and what is your basis for that dispute?
>>
>> You said it passed through Apple's checks.  Quite right.  Of course it
>> did, because it was not malware per se.  It is imposter ware, perhaps,
>> and there is no way Apple could control for that.
>>
>> Lastpass did __not__ say the imposter was malware, by the way.
>>
>> As explained elsewhere, when one trusts Lastpass or 1Password to be a
>> password locker manager, one is putting full faith in their
>> reputations - fact is, if they wanted, they could be sucking all the
>> data out of your "locker" along with the decrypt key and use it
>> maliciously.
>>
>> Fortunately they have instead earned the trust of millions of users to
>> use their products as reliable purpose made apps.
>>
>> As to the imposter ware, it is malware free as far as anyone knows,
>> but nobody has tested it sufficiently to see if it is trustworthy.
>>
>> Now I expect the above is confusing to you, because you are what you are.
>>

> Apple is always treated unfairly.

Not at all. When it deserved its lumps, it gets them.

This is not such a case. But the trolls will take any event and recast
it as something dear to their shriveled little hearts.

And you of course have to come up with your weak ripostes.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<%Y3yN.444152$83n7.317345@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12233&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12233

Apple's supposed tests
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 08:29:31 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:29 UTC

On 2024-02-11 01:02, david wrote:
> Using <news:uq91ea$35tc$1@dont-email.me>, Alan wrote:
>
>>> What do you disagree with of my understanding based on the reports?
>>
>> The part where you called it "malware"?
>
> That doesn't matter.
>
> It was fraudulent. It stole credit card and personal information.
> It wasn't LastPass but it pretended in look & feel to be LastPass.
>
> The chance of it not being malware is zero - but you can believe it was
> just trying to give people an alternative way to access LastPass.
>
> Whether it exercised its payload yet or not, it was in the App Store.
> That Apple booted it means it didn't pass Apple's stated requirements.
>
> That it was in the App Store means Apple doesn't test for fraudulent apps.
> Why did Apple allow it into the App Store if they never tested it first?

Again you're miscasting what Apple look for. With millions of apps they
can't possibly look at what every app is purporting to do. What Apple
does do is scan the app (using automated tools) looking for code that is
common to malware. This imposter app had no such code.

The legitimate LastPass passes these tests. And if it were designed to
fraudulently transfer people's personal data to LastPass ... it STILL
would pass these tests.

LastPass and 1Password (and others) operate on trust they have earned
over many years.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<l2sb8tF7vecU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12236&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12236

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: 11 Feb 2024 16:34:38 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:34 UTC

On 2024-02-11, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:

>>> LastPass called it "Fraudulent Malware"
>>
>> That's a lie, as anyone who reads your article can see:
>>
>> <https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>
>>
>> Weak troll, as usual.
>
> So the fraudulent app had never made it into the Apple App Store then?

You think adults don't notice you trying to deflect from the fact that
it's not malware? How old are you, 10?

JR

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<l2sbb5F7vecU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12237&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12237

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: 11 Feb 2024 16:35:50 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:35 UTC

On 2024-02-11, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote on Sat, 10 Feb 2024 17:03:28 -0500 :
>
>> Because LastPass protested over the imposter ware attempting to pass
>> it off as a LastPass product.
>
> So it never happened?

Like a child, you claimed it's supposedly malware, with zero evidence
that it is, and like a child you are desperately trying to deflect.

JR

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<l2sbchF7vecU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12238&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12238

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: 11 Feb 2024 16:36:33 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:36 UTC

On 2024-02-11, david <this@is.invalid> wrote:
> Using <news:uq91ea$35tc$1@dont-email.me>, Alan wrote:
>
>>> What do you disagree with of my understanding based on the reports?
>>
>> The part where you called it "malware"?
>
> That doesn't matter.

Lies don't matter, eh? What a childish position to take.

JR

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<l2sbe1F7vecU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12239&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12239

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: 11 Feb 2024 16:37:22 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:37 UTC

On 2024-02-11, david <this@is.invalid> wrote:
> Using <news:l2ql1jFsfhcU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> Liar. Your own article disputes your obvious lie:
>>
>> <https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/02/a-password-manager-lastpass-calls-fraudulent-booted-from-app-store/>
>>
>> All you trolls have are weak lies. Pathetic.
>
> That doesn't matter.i

It absolutely does matter. You're just desperate to deflect from your
outright lie.

JR

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uqbbul$14bqe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12243&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12243

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 20:50:30 +0000
 by: Peter - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 20:50 UTC

Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
>> Apple is always treated unfairly.
>
> Not at all. When it deserved its lumps, it gets them.

Apple brags so much about safety but Apple actually checks nothing.

For a company that boasts as much as Apple does, they deserve to be
lambasted when it's clear they don't have a single check for fraudulent
apps which steal your data because people think they're the real thing.

Given Apple removed the app, it's likely Apple didn't check it even once.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uqbc66$14d0t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12244&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12244

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 20:54:30 +0000
 by: Peter - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 20:54 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> What a childish position to take.

For a company that brags as much as Apple does about how much they check
apps for safety, Apple deserves to be publicly lambasted when it's clear
Apple didn't run a single basic check for fraudulent apps which steal your
data because people think fraudulent apps are actually the real thing.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uqbcjp$14fh7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12245&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12245

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 21:01:45 +0000
 by: Peter - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 21:01 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> and like a child you are desperately trying to deflect.

What matters is Apple brags that they check apps before they go into the
App Store and yet this proved Apple doesn't run even a single basic obvious
check for fraudulent activity - which this LastPass fraudulent app did.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uqbcqi$14gmh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12246&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12246

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 21:05:22 +0000
 by: Peter - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 21:05 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> It absolutely does matter.

Two things matter.

Apple brags that they vet apps for fraudulent activity.
Yet this proved that Apple does not vet apps for fraudulent activity.

That this fraudulent app stole people's data under the ruse of being the
real thing doesn't really matter as much as the knowledge that Apple brags
they check for fraudulent activity that Apple clearly does not check for.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uqbhml$159bv$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12247&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12247

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:28:37 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 22:28 UTC

On 2024-02-11 12:50, Peter wrote:
> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
>>> Apple is always treated unfairly.
>>
>> Not at all. When it deserved its lumps, it gets them.
>
> Apple brags so much about safety but Apple actually checks nothing.

This thread presented no evidence that Apple neglected anything related
to safety.

> For a company that boasts as much as Apple does, they deserve to be
> lambasted when it's clear they don't have a single check for fraudulent
> apps which steal your data because people think they're the real thing.
>
> Given Apple removed the app, it's likely Apple didn't check it even once.
Apple didn't check its NAME, doofus.

Re: Fraudulent malware in the Apple App Store easily passed all Apple's supposed tests

<uqbhnq$159bv$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12248&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12248

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple's supposed tests
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:29:14 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 22:29 UTC

On 2024-02-11 13:05, Peter wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> It absolutely does matter.
>
> Two things matter.
>
> Apple brags that they vet apps for fraudulent activity.
> Yet this proved that Apple does not vet apps for fraudulent activity.
>
> That this fraudulent app stole people's data under the ruse of being the
> real thing doesn't really matter as much as the knowledge that Apple brags
> they check for fraudulent activity that Apple clearly does not check for.

You're switching nyms a lot this week...

....Arlen.