VMS must die!

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

SubjectAuthor
* Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From AppleGelato
+* Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From AppleAlan Browne
|`* Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From AppleSten deJoode
| `- Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From AppleAlan
`* Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From AppleAlan
 `* Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple*Hemidactylus*
  `- Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From AppleHank Rogers

1
Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

<uql90g$26r$1@rasp.pasdenom.info>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12300&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12300

From: gelato@.is.invalid (Gelato)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:01:36 -0500
sha1:i0OUV7VD4AvrpT9RUFNs3fColwo= sha256:11Tj4Zadygufda2wW3paW95qCFN1NiN54TaibZlpOPU=
 by: Gelato - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:01 UTC

Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple
https://www.macrumors.com/2024/02/14/iphone-7-audio-apple-settlement/

Due to habitually and knowingly installing the cheapest parts into the
iPhone, Apple finally settled the long-running lawsuit brought by
numerous US states in 2019, with the complaints alleging that Apply
again and again systematically grossly violated consumer protection laws
and that Apple willfully cynically breached Apple's own published
warranties, and as a direct result, causing consumer's harm by Apple's
anti-consumer actions.

In an internal document, obtained by MacRumors in May 2018, Apple was
forced to finally admit they knew all along of the many microphone
issues en masse affecting iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models due to
Apple's uses of poor quality materials in order to lower the cost of the
iPhone to Apple.

Soon after using the affected iPhones, customers reported to Apple that
after they've updated to iOS 11.3, the microphone on their iPhone 7 or
iPhone 7 Plus didn't work and the speaker button was grayed out when
they made or received a call.

Symptoms:
The speaker button was grayed out during calls
Other people were unable to hear the customer
This happened both on cellular & FaceTime calls
There was no sound when customers played back videos or voice memos
after installing iOS 11.3

Informally, Apple's the defect due to the cheap parts Apple placed in
the iPhone 7 series is known as "Loop Disease" online. Despite
acknowledging the issue internally, Apple never posted a service program
about the issue on its website, and it never responded to MacRumours
repeated requests for comment. Apple didn't care about its customers
enough to even respond to MacRumors, let alone to the very many
complaints by Apple's own customers.

As far as an underlying cause, the class action lawsuit showed that the
cheap materials used in the ‌iPhone‌ 7 series external casing were both
"insufficient and inadequate to protect the internal parts", according
to the lawsuit that Apple finally settled, as the evidence was too
strong showing how Apple willfully breached numerous promises that Apple
made to their own customers and consumer protection laws for Apple to do
otherwise.

The result of Apple's decision to use cheap sub-quality parts in the
iPhone resulted in the audio chip losing electrical contact with the
logic board due to "flexion" of the device's external casing during
regular use.

Making the anti-consumer stance of Apple more prominent was the fact
Apple cynically and purposefully deleted the document forcing it's
affected customers to pay the out-of-warranty fee of around $300 in the
U.S. for the fix to what was, from the start, due to Apple's choice to
use cheap parts.
https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/17/apple-ends-free-oow-iphone-7-mic-repairs/

You may be eligible for a payment from Apple if you are a U.S. resident
who owned an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus between September 16, 2016 and
January 3, 2023, and reported audio issues covered by the settlement to
Apple, and/or paid Apple out of pocket to have your iPhone repaired or
replaced as a result of the covered audio issues.

Those who did not receive a notice, but believe they are eligible to
submit a claim, are instructed to email info@smartphoneaudiosettlement.com.

The deadline to select a payment method, object to the settlement, or
opt out is June 3, with more details available on the settlement notice
website. Those who paid Apple out of pocket could receive up to $349,
while others could get up to $125, according to the proposed settlement,
which requires approval by a California court on July 18 or later.

For more details about the audio issues, read MacRumors previous coverage.
https://www.macrumors.com/2024/01/17/apple-settlement-iphone-7-audio-issues/

Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

<vUpzN.359285$xHn7.292011@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12303&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12303

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:15:39 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:15 UTC

On 2024-02-15 10:01, Gelato wrote:
> knowingly installing the cheapest parts into the
> iPhone,

^
BS pile.

Do read the article which, unlike Gelato's post from some looney tunes
planet orbit, is closer to the truth:
https://www.macrumors.com/2024/02/14/iphone-7-audio-apple-settlement/

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

<uqlavp$htfj$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12304&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12304

From: StendeJood@nospam.net (Sten deJoode)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:35:21 -0500
 by: Sten deJoode - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:35 UTC

On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:15:39 -0500, Alan Browne wrote:

> BS pile.

Poor Apple.

Always being forced to settle lawsuits because Apple fucks its customers.

Why don't those nasty consumer advocates pick on someone else for once.

Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

<uqlcaj$3cc9t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12305&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12305

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:58:10 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:58 UTC

On 2024-02-15 07:01, Gelato wrote:
> Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple
> https://www.macrumors.com/2024/02/14/iphone-7-audio-apple-settlement/

Arlen,

Please differentiate between the text you're quoting and your own wild
claims.

Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

<uqlcbn$3cc9t$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12306&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12306

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:58:47 -0800

On 2024-02-15 07:35, Sten deJoode wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:15:39 -0500, Alan Browne wrote:
>
>> BS pile.
>
> Poor Apple.
>
> Always being forced to settle lawsuits because Apple fucks its customers.
>
> Why don't those nasty consumer advocates pick on someone else for once.

'While this does not appear to be a widespread problem'

<https://www.macrumors.com/2018/05/04/apple-aware-of-iphone-7-mic-issue-ios-11-3/>

Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

<WoicnccShsbArk34nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12326&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12326

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 04:17:33 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 04:17 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-02-15 07:01, Gelato wrote:
>> Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple
>> https://www.macrumors.com/2024/02/14/iphone-7-audio-apple-settlement/
>
> Arlen,
>
> Please differentiate between the text you're quoting and your own wild
> claims.

Arlen is on Mount Stupid!

Re: Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple

<FRWzN.111475$t8cc.9690@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12328&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12328

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 22:45:22 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 04:45 UTC

*Hemidactylus* wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-02-15 07:01, Gelato wrote:
>>> Did You Have an iPhone 7? You Could Receive Up to $349 From Apple
>>> https://www.macrumors.com/2024/02/14/iphone-7-audio-apple-settlement/
>>
>> Arlen,
>>
>> Please differentiate between the text you're quoting and your own wild
>> claims.
>>
> Arlen is on Mount Stupid!

Still looking for arlen huh?