From: ymona@ymona.info (Y.Mona)
Subject: Libreoffice Base Connectors Odd Problem
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 16:16:32 +0000
 by: Y.Mona - Sun, 14 May 2023 16:16 UTC

Libreoffice Base is able to connect to a MariaDB
database using any of the following connectors:

JDBC (Java)
ODBC
C Connector

I have several MariaDB databases installed on my system.
The LO Base setup "wizard" will ask for the connector
type (one of the above) and the name of the database
with which to connect.

Only the JDBC connector will connect to the specified
database. Only the tables of the specified database
are shown.

The ODBC and C connectors will connect to _all_ the databases.
Tables from _all_ the databases are shown.

This behavior does not seem correct. The ODBC and C connectors
should behave just like the JDBC connector and show only the
specified database tables.

Yet I find no reports or complaints about this behavior.

Is this behavior correct? I would not think so.

If it is incorrect then how could I get ODBC and C to work properly
(i.e. just like JDBC)?

Re: Libreoffice Base Connectors Odd Problem

<94qejjxjgq.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1255&group=alt.os.linux#1255

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Libreoffice Base Connectors Odd Problem
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 13:24:25 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 17 May 2023 11:24 UTC

On 2023-05-14 18:16, Y.Mona wrote:
> Libreoffice Base is able to connect to a MariaDB
> database using any of the following connectors:
>
> JDBC (Java)
> ODBC
> C Connector

and the native driver: MySQL/MariaDB Connector.

I get this list:

JDBC
Oracle JDBC
Groupwise
Evolution LDAP
Evolution Local
Spreasheet
dBase
Text
MySQL (JDBC)
ODBC
Writer Document
MySQL/MariaDB Connector

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Libreoffice Base Connectors Odd Problem

<1761409fa01364dd$1$2998997$565a1496@news.usenetexpress.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1257&group=alt.os.linux#1257

From: ymona@ymona.info (Y.Mona)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:53:09 +0000
 by: Y.Mona - Sun, 21 May 2023 19:53 UTC

On Wed, 17 May 2023 13:24:25 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

> I get this list:
>
> JDBC
> Oracle JDBC
> Groupwise
> Evolution LDAP
> Evolution Local
> Spreasheet
> dBase
> Text
> MySQL (JDBC)
> ODBC
> Writer Document
> MySQL/MariaDB Connector

Your list is a bit misleading.

Spreadsheets, Writer Docs, and I suppose also Evolution and Groupwise,
connect using an already registered database, and the only way to register
a database is to create a connection using either JDBC, ODBC, or C.

This, however, is not related to my original question.

Why does only the JDBC connector access the actual specified database
whereas ODBC and C access _all_ the databases in the MariaDB data directory?

Should this be considered a bug or is it normal behavior?

Re: Libreoffice Base Connectors Odd Problem

<pmeqjjxh1s.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1258&group=alt.os.linux#1258

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 23:23:05 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 21 May 2023 21:23 UTC

On 2023-05-21 21:53, Y.Mona wrote:
> On Wed, 17 May 2023 13:24:25 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>

>> I get this list:
>>
>> JDBC
>> Oracle JDBC
>> Groupwise
>> Evolution LDAP
>> Evolution Local
>> Spreasheet
>> dBase
>> Text
>> MySQL (JDBC)
>> ODBC
>> Writer Document
>> MySQL/MariaDB Connector
>>

> Your list is a bit misleading.
>
> Spreadsheets, Writer Docs, and I suppose also Evolution and Groupwise,
> connect using an already registered database,

Methinks they are using those documents as the database itself.

> and the only way to register
> a database is to create a connection using either JDBC, ODBC, or C.
>
> This, however, is not related to my original question.
>
> Why does only the JDBC connector access the actual specified database
> whereas ODBC and C access _all_ the databases in the MariaDB data directory?
>
> Should this be considered a bug or is it normal behavior?

Sorry, I have no idea about that.

I'd suggest you can ask here: https://ask.libreoffice.org/

--
Cheers, Carlos.