From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: How do I restart my updated Debian bullseye's user manager service: systemd?
Newsgroups: alt.os.debian,alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.debian
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 13:50:03 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 22 May 2023 13:50 UTC

"sudo needrestart" command currently shows "User sessions running
outdated binaries: antdude @ user manager service: systemd[1913]". Or do
I really have to reboot my Debian PC to make it go away?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." --Acts 1:8. Quiet warm weekend with a lot of Z, biological bugs, watching, & eyePhone gaming. Lakers & Celtics suck again. :P
| |o o| |

Re: How do I restart my updated Debian bullseye's user manager service: systemd?

<kd1d3pF3nn6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1265&group=alt.os.linux#1265

From: user@example.net (J.O. Aho)
Newsgroups: alt.os.debian,alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.debian
Subject: Re: How do I restart my updated Debian bullseye's user manager
service: systemd?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 16:38:49 +0200
 by: J.O. Aho - Mon, 22 May 2023 14:38 UTC

On 5/22/23 15:50, Ant wrote:
> "sudo needrestart" command currently shows "User sessions running
> outdated binaries: antdude @ user manager service: systemd[1913]". Or do
> I really have to reboot my Debian PC to make it go away?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Seems you got your answer at reddit.

--
//Aho

Re: How do I restart my updated Debian bullseye's user manager service: systemd?

<u4g25m$3vqjr$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1267&group=alt.os.linux#1267

From: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.os.debian,alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.debian
service: systemd?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 15:36:22 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Mon, 22 May 2023 15:36 UTC

In article <kd1d3pF3nn6U1@mid.individual.net>,
J.O. Aho <user@example.net> wrote:
>On 5/22/23 15:50, Ant wrote:
>> "sudo needrestart" command currently shows "User sessions running
>> outdated binaries: antdude @ user manager service: systemd[1913]". Or do
>> I really have to reboot my Debian PC to make it go away?
>>
>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>
>Seems you got your answer at reddit.

Which was???

--
Kenny, I'll ask you to stop using quotes of mine as taglines.

- Rick C Hodgin -