Trying to establish voice contact ... please ____yell into keyboard.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

SubjectAuthor
* Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
 +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJoerg Lorenz
 |`- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
 +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
 |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleIndira
 | +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
 | `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleBlueshirt
 |  `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleIndira
 |   +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleHank Rogers
 |   `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
 |    `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleHank Rogers
 `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleOliver
  +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJörg Lorenz
  +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJörg Lorenz
  +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
  |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleHank Rogers
  | `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Appledavid
  |  `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleHank Rogers
  |   `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
  |    `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleHank Rogers
  +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
  |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleOliver
  | +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
  | | +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleSten deJoode
  | | |`- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | | +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJolly Roger
  | | `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | |  `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
  | |   +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJolly Roger
  | |   |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleNick Cine
  | |   | `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJolly Roger
  | |   |  `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleSten deJoode
  | |   |   `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJolly Roger
  | |   `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | |    `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
  | |     +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJolly Roger
  | |     |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Appledavid
  | |     | `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | |     +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | |     `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
  | |      `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
  | |       `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | |        `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
  | |         `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | |          `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Applebadgolferman
  | |           `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
  | `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
  `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleTyrone
   +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
   |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleOliver
   | +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleBlueshirt
   | +- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
   | +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleTyrone
   | |+* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
   | ||`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleMickey D
   | || +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
   | || `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
   | |+- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against ApplePeter Piper
   | |+- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleOliver
   | |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAnonymous
   | | +* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJan K.
   | | |+* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
   | | |`* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleYour Name
   | | | `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleHank Rogers
   | | `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
   | |  `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAnonymous
   | |   `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
   | |    `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAnonymous
   | |     `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
   | |      `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAnonymous
   | |       `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan Browne
   | `- Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleAlan
   `* Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against AppleJan K.

Pages:1234567
Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<xn0ojl66a1q9nyc005@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12943&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12943

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:44:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:44 UTC

The Justice Department filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against Apple
(AAPL), alleging that the tech giant illegally maintains its dominance
over its iPhone ecosystem by boxing out competing services from other
companies.

Apple said it would fight the lawsuit, which it said "threatens who we
are and the principles that set Apple products apart in fiercely
competitive markets. If successful, it would hinder our ability to
create the kind of technology people expect from Apple."

A victory for the US in this case "would also set a dangerous
precedent, empowering government to take a heavy hand in designing
people’s technology," Apple added in its statement.

Apple's stock was down roughly 3% following news of the lawsuit, which
the Justice Department filed with 16 state attorneys general.

The filing sets up yet another confrontation between the US government
and a Silicon Valley icon as the Biden administration tries to rein in
Big Tech's power.

The Department of Justice is suing Google (GOOG, GOOGL) over antitrust
allegations, while the Federal Trade Commission is suing Amazon (AMZN)
and Facebook (META) alleging they also violate antitrust laws.

Apple generates the bulk of its cash through the sale of its wildly
popular iPhone, which accounted for $200.6 billion of the company's
$383.3 billion in total revenue in 2023. But Apple's services and
hardware that tie into the iPhone are also incredibly lucrative.

The company's wearables, home, and accessories business, which includes
its Apple Watch and AirPods sales, generated $39.8 billion last year,
while its growing services business, which includes subscriptions for
things like Apple Music+ and App Store sales, brought in $85.2 billion.

The DOJ's suit comes just weeks after the European Commission (EC)
fined Apple $2 billion for allegedly breaking competition laws in the
bloc. The EC alleged the company illegally wielded its dominance to the
detriment of its rivals in the market for the distribution of music
streaming apps.

The Justice Department suit is just the latest headache for Apple,
which is off to a rough start to 2024.

Shares of Apple are down 7% year-to-date, as the company struggles with
slowing iPhone sales in China, its third-largest market. Apple also
lost its title of the world's most valuable company to rival Microsoft
(MSFT).

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/justice-department-files-antitrust-suit-against-apple-145514025.html

--
"The envious man thinks that if his neighbor breaks a leg, he will be
able to walk better himself." ~ Helmut Schoeck

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<uti86m$2eitt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12944&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12944

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:18:15 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:18 UTC

On 2024-03-21 16:44:07 +0000, badgolferman said:

> The Justice Department filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against Apple
> (AAPL), alleging that the tech giant illegally maintains its dominance
> over its iPhone ecosystem by boxing out competing services from other
> companies.
<snip>

What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.

Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
developers wanting to use their store ... and why are they charging the
same? Simply *because* Apple does, so they equal it rather than
actually trying to compete. Just like every other business segment -
there is no real "competition" on prices because they all simply match
each other for the same price. :-\

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utj90m$2p1gu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12947&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12947

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 07:38:14 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 06:38 UTC

On 21.03.24 22:18, Your Name wrote:
> On 2024-03-21 16:44:07 +0000, badgolferman said:
>>
>> The Justice Department filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against Apple
>> (AAPL), alleging that the tech giant illegally maintains its dominance
>> over its iPhone ecosystem by boxing out competing services from other
>> companies.
> <snip>
>
> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
> only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.
>
> Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
> fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
> developers wanting to use their store ... and why are they charging the
> same? Simply *because* Apple does, so they equal it rather than
> actually trying to compete. Just like every other business segment -
> there is no real "competition" on prices because they all simply match
> each other for the same price. :-\

Are you trolling? Things are lot more complicated and much uglier.
Apple's misbehaviour affects a lot of other industries in an unwanted
manner.

--
"Manus manum lavat."

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utjh3d$1m279$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12948&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12948

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 08:56:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 08:56 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2024-03-21 16:44:07 +0000, badgolferman said:
>>
>> The Justice Department filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against Apple
>> (AAPL), alleging that the tech giant illegally maintains its dominance
>> over its iPhone ecosystem by boxing out competing services from other
>> companies.
> <snip>
>
> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
> only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.
>
> Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
> fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
> developers wanting to use their store ... and why are they charging the
> same? Simply *because* Apple does, so they equal it rather than
> actually trying to compete. Just like every other business segment -
> there is no real "competition" on prices because they all simply match
> each other for the same price. :-\

Is it possible that you may be wrong about this? Apple has been getting
sued by several governments to change their anti-competitive practices and
they have had to capitulate over and over again. Just cutting a check to be
rid of the lawsuit isn’t working anymore and now Apple is facing some
serious consequences which will probably force them to break up or change
their business model drastically. You can’t keep sticking your fingers in
your ears and going LaLaLaLa every time Apple gets accused of breaking
legal and business standards. Some of the accusations must be true if Apple
can’t fight them.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utk1hp$2abqo$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12949&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12949

From: indira@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:06:57 +0530
 by: Indira - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 13:36 UTC

badgolferman wrote:

> Some of the accusations must be true if Apple can't fight them.

Every settlement is a loss.

Poor Apple is like Trump. Whining that they "settle" criminal and civil
lawsuits for doing nothing more than being so honest and nice to consumers.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utk48q$2vg16$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12950&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12950

From: ollie@invalid.net (Oliver)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 08:23:22 -0600
 by: Oliver - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:23 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:18:15 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote

> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
> only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.

If you really are so clueless that you can't even tell the difference
between Apple & Google in terms of Apple's rapacious app market business
model, then you will never be able to understand why Apple is being sued.

Apple will lose because Apple's business model is to be as anti-consumer as
they can possibly get away with being - without being sued for it.

Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.

> Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
> fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
> developers wanting to use their store

With Android, Windows & Linux, you can get your apps from anywhere you
want, without needing to get them from Google, Microsoft, or RedHat.

How could you not know that?

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utkcee$318j1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12952&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12952

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:42:54 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:42 UTC

On 22.03.24 15:23, Oliver wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:18:15 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote
>
>> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
>> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
>> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
>> only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.
>
> If you really are so clueless that you can't even tell the difference
> between Apple & Google in terms of Apple's rapacious app market business
> model, then you will never be able to understand why Apple is being sued.
>
> Apple will lose because Apple's business model is to be as anti-consumer as
> they can possibly get away with being - without being sued for it.

Are you the judge who knows the verdict before the trial?

> Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.

Nobody has to buy Apple products, Troll.

--
"Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutant!"

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utkcg3$318j1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12953&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12953

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:43:47 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:43 UTC

On 22.03.24 15:23, Oliver wrote:
> With Android, Windows & Linux, you can get your apps from anywhere you
> want, without needing to get them from Google, Microsoft, or RedHat.
>
> How could you not know that?

Probably totally irrelevant.

--
"Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutant!"

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utkda1$31l25$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12954&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12954

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:57:37 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:57 UTC

On 2024-03-21 23:38, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> On 21.03.24 22:18, Your Name wrote:
>> On 2024-03-21 16:44:07 +0000, badgolferman said:
>>>
>>> The Justice Department filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against Apple
>>> (AAPL), alleging that the tech giant illegally maintains its dominance
>>> over its iPhone ecosystem by boxing out competing services from other
>>> companies.
>> <snip>
>>
>> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
>> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
>> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
>> only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.
>>
>> Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
>> fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
>> developers wanting to use their store ... and why are they charging the
>> same? Simply *because* Apple does, so they equal it rather than
>> actually trying to compete. Just like every other business segment -
>> there is no real "competition" on prices because they all simply match
>> each other for the same price. :-\
>
> Are you trolling? Things are lot more complicated and much uglier.
> Apple's misbehaviour affects a lot of other industries in an unwanted
> manner.

What "misbehaviour" would that be?

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utkdbk$31l25$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12955&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12955

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:58:28 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:58 UTC

On 2024-03-22 06:36, Indira wrote:
> badgolferman wrote:
>
>> Some of the accusations must be true if Apple can't fight them.
>
> Every settlement is a loss.

Actually, not.

> Poor Apple is like Trump. Whining that they "settle" criminal and civil
> lawsuits for doing nothing more than being so honest and nice to consumers.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<xn0ojmrz07xizb1001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12956&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12956

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:17:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:17 UTC

Indira wrote:

> badgolferman wrote:
>
> > Some of the accusations must be true if Apple can't fight
> > them.
>
> Every settlement is a loss.

Or, every settlement is a win if going to court and losing costs
you more!!!

> Poor Apple is like Trump. Whining that they "settle" criminal
> and civil lawsuits for doing nothing more than being so honest
> and nice to consumers.

I doubt there's one business that is honest and nice to its
consumers!

Every business going is about making as much money as you can
from your product. I wouldn't expect Apple to be any different.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utkti1$35k87$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12962&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12962

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 10:34:57 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:34 UTC

On 2024-03-22 14:23:22 +0000, Oliver said:

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:18:15 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote
>> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
>> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
>> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
>> only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.
>
> If you really are so clueless that you can't even tell the difference
> between Apple & Google in terms of Apple's rapacious app market business
> model, then you will never be able to understand why Apple is being sued.
>
> Apple will lose because Apple's business model is to be as anti-consumer as
> they can possibly get away with being - without being sued for it.
>
> Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.

Why?? Because only Apple makes an iPhone? What complete crap.

What about Toyota being the only ones making a Corolla? What about
McDonalds only making Big Macs? What about... Every company on the
planet has their own copyrighted products.

So you can only install iPhone apps from the Apple App Store ... 99.9%
of their customers couldn't give a flying crap. It's only the whining
greedy scumbags and the conspiracy nutters who are complaing about it.

>> Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
>> fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
>> developers wanting to use their store
>
> With Android, Windows & Linux, you can get your apps from anywhere you
> want, without needing to get them from Google, Microsoft, or RedHat.
>
> How could you not know that?

That wasn't the point. If you want to sell your app on the Google Play
Store or the Epic Store, then you'll have to pay them for the privlege
.... just like they were complaining about Apple making them pay to have
their apps on the Apple App Store. It's the usual two-faced bullshit
we've come to expect from these greedy scum who complain about Apple
only to then do exactly the same thing.

Apple has basically become the fall guy and is sued by every idiot
simply because Apple has a lot of money that every greedy scumbag on
the planet wants to try and grab a handful off, no matter what idiotic
reason they can dredge up. :-(

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utkv2c$2bm5s$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12964&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12964

From: indira@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 03:30:44 +0530
 by: Indira - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:00 UTC

Blueshirt wrote:

>> Every settlement is a loss.
>
> Or, every settlement is a win if going to court and losing costs
> you more!!!

Most of Apple's lawsuits are for Apple's lies that were very well proven.

Only the fanaticals who think Tim Cook is a God would think that settling
lawsuits based on Apple's proven lies is an indication they were innocent.

>> Poor Apple is like Trump. Whining that they "settle" criminal
>> and civil lawsuits for doing nothing more than being so honest
>> and nice to consumers.
>
> I doubt there's one business that is honest and nice to its
> consumers!

How many lose as many billion dollar lawsuits for lies other than Apple?

> Every business going is about making as much money as you can
> from your product. I wouldn't expect Apple to be any different.

Very few businesses are as anti-consumer as Apple, or they wouldn't have
lost so many lawsuits for breaking the laws and lying about doing so.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utkvj9$362k4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12965&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12965

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:09:40 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:09 UTC

Your Name wrote:
> On 2024-03-22 14:23:22 +0000, Oliver said:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:18:15 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote
>>> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
>>> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
>>> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can only
>>> install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.
>>
>> If you really are so clueless that you can't even tell the difference
>> between Apple & Google in terms of Apple's rapacious app market business
>> model, then you will never be able to understand why Apple is being sued.
>>
>> Apple will lose because Apple's business model is to be as anti-consumer as
>> they can possibly get away with being - without being sued for it.
>>
>> Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.
>
> Why?? Because only Apple makes an iPhone? What complete crap.
>
> What about Toyota being the only ones making a Corolla? What about
> McDonalds only making Big Macs? What about... Every company on the planet
> has their own copyrighted products.
>
> So you can only install iPhone apps from the Apple App Store ... 99.9% of
> their customers couldn't give a flying crap. It's only the whining greedy
> scumbags and the conspiracy nutters who are complaing about it.
>

>>> Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
>>> fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
>>> developers wanting to use their store
>>
>> With Android, Windows & Linux, you can get your apps from anywhere you
>> want, without needing to get them from Google, Microsoft, or RedHat.
>>
>> How could you not know that?
>
> That wasn't the point. If you want to sell your app on the Google Play
> Store or the Epic Store, then you'll have to pay them for the privlege ...
> just like they were complaining about Apple making them pay to have their
> apps on the Apple App Store. It's the usual two-faced bullshit we've come
> to expect from these greedy scum who complain about Apple only to then do
> exactly the same thing.
>
> Apple has basically become the fall guy and is sued by every idiot simply
> because Apple has a lot of money that every greedy scumbag on the planet
> wants to try and grab a handful off, no matter what idiotic reason they can
> dredge up.  :-(

Not to worry. Relax. Apple has lots of greedy scumbag lawyers too! Apple
also has a HUGE amount of money at their disposal (that's how they can
afford those scumbag lawyers). They'll simply peel off a few million and
pay some fines and settlement cash, then back to business as usual. In a
month, they'll have even more money than they started with.

It's been done many times in their past.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl05b$362k4$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12966&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12966

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:19:24 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:19 UTC

Indira wrote:
> Blueshirt wrote:
>
>>> Every settlement is a loss.
>>
>> Or, every settlement is a win if going to court and losing costs
>> you more!!!
>
> Most of Apple's lawsuits are for Apple's lies that were very well proven.
>
> Only the fanaticals who think Tim Cook is a God would think that settling
> lawsuits based on Apple's proven lies is an indication they were innocent.

INFIDEL! We all worship Steve Blowjobs. HE died for us, you know.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl0ml$2o03e$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12967&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12967

From: this@is.invalid (david)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:28:38 -0600
 by: david - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:28 UTC

On this Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:09:40 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Your Name wrote:
>> On 2024-03-22 14:23:22 +0000, Oliver said:
>>
>>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:18:15 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote
>>>
>>> If you really are so clueless that you can't even tell the difference
>>> between Apple & Google in terms of Apple's rapacious app market business
>>> model, then you will never be able to understand why Apple is being sued.
>>>
>>> Apple will lose because Apple's business model is to be as anti-consumer as
>>> they can possibly get away with being - without being sued for it.
>>>
>>> Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.
>>
>> Why?? Because only Apple makes an iPhone? What complete crap.
>>
>> What about Toyota being the only ones making a Corolla? What about
>> McDonalds only making Big Macs? What about... Every company on the planet
>> has their own copyrighted products.
>>
>> So you can only install iPhone apps from the Apple App Store ... 99.9% of
>> their customers couldn't give a flying crap. It's only the whining greedy
>> scumbags and the conspiracy nutters who are complaing about it.

>>> With Android, Windows & Linux, you can get your apps from anywhere you
>>> want, without needing to get them from Google, Microsoft, or RedHat.
>>>
>>> How could you not know that?
>>
>> That wasn't the point. If you want to sell your app on the Google Play
>> Store or the Epic Store, then you'll have to pay them for the privlege ...
>> just like they were complaining about Apple making them pay to have their
>> apps on the Apple App Store. It's the usual two-faced bullshit we've come
>> to expect from these greedy scum who complain about Apple only to then do
>> exactly the same thing.
>>
>> Apple has basically become the fall guy and is sued by every idiot simply
>> because Apple has a lot of money that every greedy scumbag on the planet
>> wants to try and grab a handful off, no matter what idiotic reason they can
>> dredge up.� :-(
>>

> Not to worry. Relax. Apple has lots of greedy scumbag lawyers too! Apple
> also has a HUGE amount of money at their disposal (that's how they can
> afford those scumbag lawyers). They'll simply peel off a few million and
> pay some fines and settlement cash, then back to business as usual. In a
> month, they'll have even more money than they started with.
>
> It's been done many times in their past.

You hit upon why Apple gets caught in so many heinous lies.
Lying is part of Apple's overall business plan.

They have the money to settle the lawsuits arising from their lies.
Smaller companies can't afford to lie.

One lie could put smaller companies out of business.
For Apple, lying about what they did is just part of their business plan.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl0vv$36688$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12968&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12968

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:33:34 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:33 UTC

On 2024-03-22 15:00, Indira wrote:
> Blueshirt wrote:
>
>>> Every settlement is a loss.
>>
>> Or, every settlement is a win if going to court and losing costs
>> you more!!!
>
> Most of Apple's lawsuits are for Apple's lies that were very well proven.

Arlen!

How's the new nym going?

:-)

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl2d3$36nj8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12969&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12969

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:57:35 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:57 UTC

david wrote:
> On this Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:09:40 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> Your Name wrote:

>>> Why?? Because only Apple makes an iPhone? What complete crap.
>>>
>>> What about Toyota being the only ones making a Corolla? What about
>>> McDonalds only making Big Macs? What about... Every company on the
>>> planet has their own copyrighted products.
>>>
>>> So you can only install iPhone apps from the Apple App Store ... 99.9%
>>> of their customers couldn't give a flying crap. It's only the whining
>>> greedy scumbags and the conspiracy nutters who are complaing about it.

>>> That wasn't the point. If you want to sell your app on the Google Play
>>> Store or the Epic Store, then you'll have to pay them for the privlege
>>> ... just like they were complaining about Apple making them pay to have
>>> their apps on the Apple App Store. It's the usual two-faced bullshit
>>> we've come to expect from these greedy scum who complain about Apple
>>> only to then do exactly the same thing.
>>>
>>> Apple has basically become the fall guy and is sued by every idiot
>>> simply because Apple has a lot of money that every greedy scumbag on the
>>> planet wants to try and grab a handful off, no matter what idiotic
>>> reason they can dredge up.  :-(
>>>

>> Not to worry. Relax. Apple has lots of greedy scumbag lawyers too! Apple
>> also has a HUGE amount of money at their disposal (that's how they can
>> afford those scumbag lawyers). They'll simply peel off a few million and
>> pay some fines and settlement cash, then back to business as usual. In a
>> month, they'll have even more money than they started with.
>>
>> It's been done many times in their past.
>
> You hit upon why Apple gets caught in so many heinous lies.
> Lying is part of Apple's overall business plan.
>
> They have the money to settle the lawsuits arising from their lies.
> Smaller companies can't afford to lie.
>
> One lie could put smaller companies out of business.
> For Apple, lying about what they did is just part of their business plan.

Yes, it's just unbridled capitalism, and apple has managed to ascend to the
very top of the gadget pyramid. Many other companies would dearly love to
be as rich and greedy as apple, and by god, they're all trying their best.

They are like the Ferengis in some of the old star trek programs. They're
just following the "Rules of acquisition".

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl2ft$36nj8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12970&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12970

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:59:10 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:59 UTC

Alan wrote:

>>> Or, every settlement is a win if going to court and losing costs
>>> you more!!!
>>
>> Most of Apple's lawsuits are for Apple's lies that were very well proven.
>
> Arlen!
>
> How's the new nym going?
>
> :-)

Are you stalking Arlen, or is he stalking you?

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<WLoLN.114413$Sf59.12585@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12971&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12971

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:47:02 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:47 UTC

On 2024-03-22 10:23, Oliver wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:18:15 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote
>> What utter nonsense. It's not like any other company is any different,
>> and apart from a few loud-mouthed morons who want to fill their own
>> pockets at Apple's expense, nobody gives a flying crap that you can
>> only install iOS apps from teh Apple App Store.
>
> If you really are so clueless that you can't even tell the difference
> between Apple & Google in terms of Apple's rapacious app market business
> model, then you will never be able to understand why Apple is being sued.
>
> Apple will lose because Apple's business model is to be as anti-consumer as
> they can possibly get away with being - without being sued for it.
>
> Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.

Consumers have all sorts of non-Apple options.

Those pressuring for this lawsuit are not Apple clients.

They are companies who want a slice of what Apple created.

>> Epic, Google, etc. were whining on about how Apple charges too much in
>> fees for their app store, and then has pretty much the same thing for
>> developers wanting to use their store
>
> With Android, Windows & Linux, you can get your apps from anywhere you
> want, without needing to get them from Google, Microsoft, or RedHat.
>
> How could you not know that?

I get all sorts of apps for my Mac from non Apple sources.

And I prefer that for a simple appliance like my iPhone that it go
through the "knothole" that is Apple's App Store. More secure.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl7ng$37tg5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12973&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12973

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 13:28:33 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:28 UTC

On 2024-03-22 22:57:35 +0000, Hank Rogers said:
> david wrote:

>>> Not to worry. Relax. Apple has lots of greedy scumbag lawyers too!
>>> Apple also has a HUGE amount of money at their disposal (that's how
>>> they can afford those scumbag lawyers). They'll simply peel off a few
>>> million and pay some fines and settlement cash, then back to business
>>> as usual. In a month, they'll have even more money than they started
>>> with.
>>>
>>> It's been done many times in their past.
>>
>> You hit upon why Apple gets caught in so many heinous lies.
>> Lying is part of Apple's overall business plan.
>>
>> They have the money to settle the lawsuits arising from their lies.
>> Smaller companies can't afford to lie.
>>
>> One lie could put smaller companies out of business.
>> For Apple, lying about what they did is just part of their business plan.
>
> Yes, it's just unbridled capitalism, and apple has managed to ascend to
> the very top of the gadget pyramid. Many other companies would dearly
> love to be as rich and greedy as apple, and by god, they're all trying
> their best.
>
> They are like the Ferengis in some of the old star trek programs.
> They're just following the "Rules of acquisition".

Many things that Apple does are jeered at by Samsung ... only for
Samsung to do the exact same thing a few months later. :-\

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl8ro$384kn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12976&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12976

From: ollie@invalid.net (Oliver)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 18:47:52 -0600
 by: Oliver - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:47 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:47:02 -0400, Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
wrote

>> Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.
>
> Consumers have all sorts of non-Apple options.

Consumers have all sorts of non Big-Pharma options too.
https://www.enjuris.com/blog/resources/largest-pharmaceutical-settlements-lawsuits/

Apple is no different from Big Pharma in taking cynical advantage of the
customers who are trusting them most to provide products to their benefit.

Both business models are that they can make more money from lying to the
customer than what the billion dollar lawsuits will eventually cost them.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utl9nt$38bia$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12978&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12978

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 20:02:49 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 01:02 UTC

Your Name wrote:
> On 2024-03-22 22:57:35 +0000, Hank Rogers said:
>> david wrote:

>>> You hit upon why Apple gets caught in so many heinous lies.
>>> Lying is part of Apple's overall business plan.
>>>
>>> They have the money to settle the lawsuits arising from their lies.
>>> Smaller companies can't afford to lie.
>>>
>>> One lie could put smaller companies out of business.
>>> For Apple, lying about what they did is just part of their business plan.
>>
>> Yes, it's just unbridled capitalism, and apple has managed to ascend to
>> the very top of the gadget pyramid. Many other companies would dearly
>> love to be as rich and greedy as apple, and by god, they're all trying
>> their best.
>>
>> They are like the Ferengis in some of the old star trek programs. They're
>> just following the "Rules of acquisition".
>
> Many things that Apple does are jeered at by Samsung ... only for Samsung
> to do the exact same thing a few months later.   :-\

Both companies have the same goals:

Make as much money as you can, as fast as you can.

Lie as much as needed. Never admit anything, even when caught red-handed.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<utlef4$39bdh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12981&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12981

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:23:32 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 02:23 UTC

On 2024-03-22 17:47, Oliver wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:47:02 -0400, Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
> wrote
>>> Only drug companies are as anti consumer as Apple is.
>>
>> Consumers have all sorts of non-Apple options.
>
> Consumers have all sorts of non Big-Pharma options too.
> https://www.enjuris.com/blog/resources/largest-pharmaceutical-settlements-lawsuits/
>
> Apple is no different from Big Pharma in taking cynical advantage of the
> customers who are trusting them most to provide products to their benefit.
>
> Both business models are that they can make more money from lying to the
> customer than what the billion dollar lawsuits will eventually cost them.

Apple doesn't sell anything that you cannot buy from some other company.

Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple

<CpWdnX1RvOSC-2P4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12982&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12982

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 05:18:23 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 05:18 UTC

On Mar 22, 2024 at 10:23:22 AM EDT, "Oliver" <ollie@invalid.net> wrote:

> Apple will lose because Apple's business model is to be as anti-consumer as
> they can possibly get away with being - without being sued for it.

Yeah man. The world's most successful consumer products company is
"anti-consumer".

Congratulations, you are an idiot.

And even if they WERE "anti-consumer" (whatever you imagine that means), what
law does that break?