And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / green bubble syndrome

SubjectAuthor
* green bubble syndromebadgolferman
+- Re: green bubble syndromeAlan
+* Re: green bubble syndromeTyrone
|`- Re: green bubble syndromeTyrone
+* Re: green bubble syndrome*Hemidactylus*
|`- Re: green bubble syndromeGelato
`* Re: green bubble syndromeYour Name
 +* Re: green bubble syndromeBlueshirt
 |+- Re: green bubble syndromeJörg Lorenz
 |+* Re: green bubble syndromeSten deJoode
 ||+* Re: green bubble syndromebadgolferman
 |||`- Re: green bubble syndromeSten deJoode
 ||+* Re: green bubble syndromeBlueshirt
 |||`- Re: green bubble syndromeYour Name
 ||`- Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger
 |`* Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger
 | `* Re: green bubble syndromebadgolferman
 |  +* Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger
 |  |`* Re: green bubble syndromeHarry S Robins
 |  | +* Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger
 |  | |`* Re: green bubble syndromePeter
 |  | | `* Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger
 |  | |  `* Re: green bubble syndromeJörg Lorenz
 |  | |   `- Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger
 |  | `- Re: green bubble syndromeAlan
 |  `- Re: green bubble syndromeAlan
 `* Re: green bubble syndromeFrankie
  `* Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger
   `* Re: green bubble syndromebadgolferman
    `- Re: green bubble syndromeJolly Roger

Pages:12
green bubble syndrome

<xn0ojmnpc39pgl4001@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12957&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12957

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: green bubble syndrome
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 18:36:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 18:36 UTC

The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part of
its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.

“Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online, with
some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own Androids
less attractive.

In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the company
“fix” texting.

“Many non-iPhone users also experience social stigma, exclusion, and
blame for ‘breaking’ chats where other participants own iPhones,” the
lawsuit claimed, adding that the effect is “particularly powerful for
certain demographics, like teenagers.”

The notorious issue was heavily featured in the antitrust complaint
filed by the DOJ and 16 state attorneys general in New Jersey federal
court.

Attorney General Merrick Garland said Apple undermines rivals by having
texts from Androids to iPhones suffer from “limited functionality.”

Android users can’t see typing indicators, experience poor video
quality and have non-encrypted messages when texting with iPhone users.

Additionally, Apple has stifled rival apps that could have fixed the
problem, the DOJ alleged.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/22/business/doj-slams-apple-over-fueling-social-stigma-for-green-bubble-texters/

--
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong
enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utklao$33jf5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12958&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12958

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: green bubble syndrome
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:14:32 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:14 UTC

On 2024-03-22 11:36, badgolferman wrote:
> The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
> smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
> calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part of
> its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.
>
> “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online, with
> some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own Androids
> less attractive.
>
> In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the company
> “fix” texting.
>
> “Many non-iPhone users also experience social stigma, exclusion, and
> blame for ‘breaking’ chats where other participants own iPhones,” the
> lawsuit claimed, adding that the effect is “particularly powerful for
> certain demographics, like teenagers.”
>
> The notorious issue was heavily featured in the antitrust complaint
> filed by the DOJ and 16 state attorneys general in New Jersey federal
> court.
>
> Attorney General Merrick Garland said Apple undermines rivals by having
> texts from Androids to iPhones suffer from “limited functionality.”
>
> Android users can’t see typing indicators, experience poor video
> quality and have non-encrypted messages when texting with iPhone users.
>
> Additionally, Apple has stifled rival apps that could have fixed the
> problem, the DOJ alleged.
>

> https://nypost.com/2024/03/22/business/doj-slams-apple-over-fueling-social-stigma-for-green-bubble-texters/

What a load of codswallop.

I want to know which people I'm texting with have iMessage vs just
SMS/MMS. It's useful knowledge for me.

Re: green bubble syndrome

<afScnYUwebivRGD4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12959&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12959

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:17:06 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:17 UTC

On Mar 22, 2024 at 2:36:02 PM EDT, ""badgolferman""
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
> smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
> calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part of
> its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.
>
> “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online, with
> some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own Androids
> less attractive.

This case is going to be laughed out of court. You don't sue a company over
"hurt feelings".

What a joke.

Re: green bubble syndrome

<Is-dnZruUK9xR2D4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12960&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12960

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:24:28 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:24 UTC

On Mar 22, 2024 at 3:17:06 PM EDT, "Tyrone" <none@none.none> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2024 at 2:36:02 PM EDT, ""badgolferman""
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
>> smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
>> calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part of
>> its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.
>>
>> “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online, with
>> some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own Androids
>> less attractive.
>
> This case is going to be laughed out of court. You don't sue a company over
> "hurt feelings".
>
> What a joke.

And BTW, some women "jokingly" declare that men who drive BMWs are more
attractive than men who drive a Chevy.

Time to sue BMW!

Re: green bubble syndrome

<hZScnapkRo0tQWD4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12961&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12961

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:32:00 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:32 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
> smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
> calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part of
> its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.
>
> “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online, with
> some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own Androids
> less attractive.
>
> In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the company
> “fix” texting.
>
> “Many non-iPhone users also experience social stigma, exclusion, and
> blame for ‘breaking’ chats where other participants own iPhones,” the
> lawsuit claimed, adding that the effect is “particularly powerful for
> certain demographics, like teenagers.”
>
> The notorious issue was heavily featured in the antitrust complaint
> filed by the DOJ and 16 state attorneys general in New Jersey federal
> court.
>
> Attorney General Merrick Garland said Apple undermines rivals by having
> texts from Androids to iPhones suffer from “limited functionality.”
>
> Android users can’t see typing indicators, experience poor video
> quality and have non-encrypted messages when texting with iPhone users.
>
> Additionally, Apple has stifled rival apps that could have fixed the
> problem, the DOJ alleged.
>

> https://nypost.com/2024/03/22/business/doj-slams-apple-over-fueling-social-stigma-for-green-bubble-texters/

Status anxiety makes people jelly. Why is that Apple’s problem?

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utktoq$35l74$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12963&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12963

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 10:38:34 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:38 UTC

On 2024-03-22 18:36:02 +0000, badgolferman said:

> The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
> smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
> calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part of
> its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.
>
> “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online, with
> some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own Androids
> less attractive.
>
> In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the company
> “fix” texting.
>
> “Many non-iPhone users also experience social stigma, exclusion, and
> blame for ‘breaking’ chats where other participants own iPhones,” the
> lawsuit claimed, adding that the effect is “particularly powerful for
> certain demographics, like teenagers.”
>
> The notorious issue was heavily featured in the antitrust complaint
> filed by the DOJ and 16 state attorneys general in New Jersey federal
> court.
>
> Attorney General Merrick Garland said Apple undermines rivals by having
> texts from Androids to iPhones suffer from “limited functionality.”
>
> Android users can’t see typing indicators, experience poor video
> quality and have non-encrypted messages when texting with iPhone users.
>
> Additionally, Apple has stifled rival apps that could have fixed the
> problem, the DOJ alleged.
>

> https://nypost.com/2024/03/22/business/doj-slams-apple-over-fueling-social-stigma-for-green-bubble-texters/

The colour is there for a reason. Apple's Messages has features not
available in normal texting, the difference in the bubble's colours let
users know which can use those features and which cannot.

Lets all sue KFC because their fried chicken has a "secret recipe" that
nobody else has.

It's moronically stupid and noe of these idiots should ever get
anywhere near a court ... but greedy-ass scumbag lawyers want paying,
so they'll take on anything, no matter how idiotic it is, as long as
they get paid. :-\

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utl7r8$sgd$1@rasp.pasdenom.info>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12974&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12974

From: gelato@.is.invalid (Gelato)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 20:30:33 -0400
sha1:Fvxr+5NyB76IGnP84qvHvBgSroA= sha256:Vx6xf7y9m6IIQu71UJ8fuAPD0Be/Du2dD6cj59aVLFM=
Abuse-backup: sgr59@free.fr
 by: Gelato - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:30 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:32:00 +0000, *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>> https://nypost.com/2024/03/22/business/doj-slams-apple-over-fueling-social-stigma-for-green-bubble-texters/
>>
> Status anxiety makes people jelly. Why is that Apple's problem?

You bring up a good point that Apple owners are universally recognized as
technically incompetent - whereas Android owners own the technical acumen
to know that the color of the bubbles can be set to any color they want.

This explains Apple fans are universally called "iSheep" around the world.
https://theconversation.com/the-psychology-behind-apples-fans-blind-loyalty-or-just-wanting-to-belong-31671

"The reputation of Apple's fans is as well known as Apple's products.

These are the people who have already started lining up outside Apple
stores, just to be first to own the latest iPhone due to go on sale this
Friday. When they are not in line, they scour the Internet for articles
that affirm their belief in Apple's products, reacting swiftly to articles
and comments from those that don't share their views, principally anyone
who uses a different phone.

They are amongst the most loyal customers of any brand and are often
insultingly referred to as "iSheep" for their seemingly unquestioning
following of Apple."

Re: green bubble syndrome

<xn0ojnu3e8w3qhp003@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12984&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12984

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:24:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:24 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> On 2024-03-22 18:36:02 +0000, badgolferman said:
>
> > The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting
> > Android smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in
> > text messages — calling it a mark of “social stigma,
> > exclusion and blame” as part of its landmark antitrust case
> > against the iPhone maker.
> >
> > “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery
> > online, with some women even jokingly declaring that they
> > find men who own Androids less attractive.
> >
> > In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the
> > company “fix” texting.
> >
> > [Snip]
>
> The colour is there for a reason. Apple's Messages has
> features not available in normal texting, the difference in
> the bubble's colours let users know which can use those
> features and which cannot.

I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life,
be they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of
message bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing
at the mouth in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement
over green and blue message bubbles. WTF?!

Get a life people!

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utmfai$mog$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12986&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12986

From: frankie@nospam.usa (Frankie)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 06:44:18 -0500
 by: Frankie - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:44 UTC

On 22/3/2024, Your Name wrote:

> Lets all sue KFC because their fried chicken has a "secret recipe" that
> nobody else has.

You are predictably reacting to the NY Post, which is yellow journalism.
You didn't even read any reliable reports so you completely misunderstand.

It's why you own Apple's products, after all.
You don't want to think for yourself.

You let the NY Post (and Apple) do all the thinking for you.

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utmfc2$3j3hl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12987&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12987

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:45:06 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:45 UTC

Am 23.03.24 um 10:24 schrieb Blueshirt:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>> On 2024-03-22 18:36:02 +0000, badgolferman said:
>>
>>> The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting
>>> Android smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in
>>> text messages — calling it a mark of “social stigma,
>>> exclusion and blame” as part of its landmark antitrust case
>>> against the iPhone maker.
>>>
>>> “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery
>>> online, with some women even jokingly declaring that they
>>> find men who own Androids less attractive.
>>>
>>> In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the
>>> company “fix” texting.
>>>
>>> [Snip]
>>
>> The colour is there for a reason. Apple's Messages has
>> features not available in normal texting, the difference in
>> the bubble's colours let users know which can use those
>> features and which cannot.
>
> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
> bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life,
> be they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of
> message bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing
> at the mouth in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement
> over green and blue message bubbles. WTF?!

You do not understand the issue at all. We are talking about social ex-
or inclusion.

*LOL*

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utmfhv$2iloc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12988&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12988

From: StendeJood@nospam.net (Sten deJoode)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 07:48:15 -0400
 by: Sten deJoode - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:48 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:24:57 -0000 (UTC), Blueshirt wrote:

> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
> bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life,
> be they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of
> message bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing
> at the mouth in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement
> over green and blue message bubbles. WTF?!

Nobody sensible cares about the colors, even on Usenet they don't.

On Android you set the colors to anything you want, but on the iPhone Apple
does all the thinking for you - but even so - still nobody sensible cares.

Despite what iMorons think about the DOJ lawsuit, it has nothing to do with
colors (that's just sensational journalism that the iMorons love to hate).

None of the iMorons bothered to read what the DOJ suit was all about.

Re: green bubble syndrome

<xn0ojnrn24aro12005@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12989&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12989

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:53:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:53 UTC

Sten deJoode wrote:

>None of the iMorons bothered to read what the DOJ suit was all about.

"Additionally, Apple has stifled rival apps that could have fixed the
problem, the DOJ alleged."

--
"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief
in freedom itself." ~ Milton Friedman

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utmh1m$2io2t$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12994&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12994

From: StendeJood@nospam.net (Sten deJoode)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 08:13:42 -0400
 by: Sten deJoode - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:13 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:53:31 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

>>None of the iMorons bothered to read what the DOJ suit was all about.
>
> "Additionally, Apple has stifled rival apps that could have fixed the
> problem, the DOJ alleged."

Indeed. You understood. But the fanatical Apple religious zealots didn't.
They _wish_ the lawsuit was as frivolous as being all about bubble color.

<https://finance.yahoo.com/news/justice-department-files-antitrust-suit-against-apple-145514025.html>
"Apple "has maintained its power not because of its superiority,
but because of its unlawful exclusionary behavior," Attorney
General Merrick Garland said at a press conference Thursday."

They say what everyone knows, is that Apple makes money by breaking laws.
Which is exactly why Apple loses so many of these billion-dollar lawsuits.

Yet, Apple is one of the few companies out there who has the money to get
away with being unethical by hating any consumer who actually can think.

Hence, Apple sells mainly to consumers who believe everything they're fed.
Even when Apple purposefully feeds its own consumers its never ending lies.

Don't believe me. Believe Apple's own words when they break the law.
Apple: Our Ads Don't Lie, But You're a Fool if You Believe Them
<https://www.wired.com/2008/12/apple-says-cust/>

Apple doesn't want you to believe what it says, even though the
company claims it's not lying.

That's the gist of the Cupertino company's legal response.

The company says, in effect, that anyone who believes what the
Apple says in its ads is a fool.

The reason Apple lost so many consumer-focused lawsuits has everything to
do with Apple's main business strategy of lying to customers until caught.

Re: green bubble syndrome

<xn0ojnzd993ayzr001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12997&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12997

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:48:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:48 UTC

Sten deJoode wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:24:57 -0000 (UTC), Blueshirt wrote:
>
> > I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of
> > message bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person
> > in real life, be they Android or iOS user - who's ever
> > mentioned the colour of message bubbles. (Really!) Yet on
> > Usenet there's people frothing at the mouth in anger or pee
> > peeing themselves with excitement over green and blue
> > message bubbles. WTF?!
>
> Nobody sensible cares about the colors, even on Usenet they
> don't.
>
> On Android you set the colors to anything you want, but on the
> iPhone Apple does all the thinking for you - but even so -
> still nobody sensible cares.

Funnily enough, blue happens to be me favourite colour... so it
works out okay!

> Despite what iMorons think about the DOJ lawsuit, it has
> nothing to do with colors (that's just sensational journalism
> that the iMorons love to hate).

The people who [allegedly] feel that they are socially excluded
and feel there's a stigma over the colour of a message bubble -
if these people really exist and are not just made up by greedy
lawyers seeking a settlement pay-out - are probably in reality
social misfits anyway. As no normal person would think there's
a negative stigma attached to a message bubble being green!

Re: green bubble syndrome

<l68f17FneumU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13002&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13002

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 23 Mar 2024 16:41:12 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:41 UTC

On 2024-03-23, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>> On 2024-03-22 18:36:02 +0000, badgolferman said:
>>
>> > The Justice Department called out Apple for afflicting Android
>> > smartphone users with the dreaded “green bubble” in text messages —
>> > calling it a mark of “social stigma, exclusion and blame” as part
>> > of its landmark antitrust case against the iPhone maker.
>> >
>> > “Green bubble” status has long been a source of mockery online,
>> > with some women even jokingly declaring that they find men who own
>> > Androids less attractive.
>> >
>> > In the past, Apple rivals like Google have demanded that the
>> > company “fix” texting.
>> >
>> > [Snip]
>>
>> The colour is there for a reason. Apple's Messages has features not
>> available in normal texting, the difference in the bubble's colours
>> let users know which can use those features and which cannot.
>
> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
> bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life, be
> they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of message
> bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing at the mouth
> in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement over green and blue
> message bubbles. WTF?!
>
> Get a life people!

The OP, badgolferman, and his buddy Arlen ("Gelato" and his many other
nyms) are resident trolls who regularly bitch and moan about green
bubbles, yellow iPhones, and so on as a ruse to belittle anyone who
dares to like using Apple products. Not how "Gelato's" only contribution
to this thread is to call people juvenile names like "iSheep" and claim
they are all idiots. badgolferman posts the bait, people respond, then
Arlen swoops in with his trolls and insults. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's
a childish and frankly boring game they play. ; )

JR

Re: green bubble syndrome

<l68f4rFneumU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13003&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13003

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 23 Mar 2024 16:43:08 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:43 UTC

On 2024-03-23, Sten deJoode <StendeJood@nospam.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:24:57 -0000 (UTC), Blueshirt wrote:
>
>> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
>> bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life, be
>> they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of message
>> bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing at the mouth
>> in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement over green and blue
>> message bubbles. WTF?!
>
> Nobody sensible cares about the colors, even on Usenet they don't.
>
> On Android you set the colors to anything you want, but on the iPhone
> Apple does all the thinking for you - but even so - still nobody
> sensible cares.
>
> Despite what iMorons think about the DOJ lawsuit, it has nothing to do
> with colors (that's just sensational journalism that the iMorons love
> to hate).
>
> None of the iMorons bothered to read what the DOJ suit was all about.

This is another of Arlen's nyms. Notice how he just can't bring himself
to post here without slinging childish insults like above. He and his
buddy badgolferman are the ones who regularly troll about green bubbles
and yellow iPhones. ; )

JR

Re: green bubble syndrome

<l68f89FneumU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13004&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13004

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 23 Mar 2024 16:44:57 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:44 UTC

On 2024-03-23, Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa> wrote:
> On 22/3/2024, Your Name wrote:
>
>> Lets all sue KFC because their fried chicken has a "secret recipe"
>> that nobody else has.
>
> You are predictably reacting to the NY Post, which is yellow
> journalism. You didn't even read any reliable reports so you
> completely misunderstand.
>
> It's why you own Apple's products, after all. You don't want to think
> for yourself.
>
> You let the NY Post (and Apple) do all the thinking for you.

Frankie is yet another of Arlen's nyms. And yet again he can't bring
himself to comment without slinging schoolyard insults. ; )

JR

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utn1he$1ns09$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13006&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13006

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:55:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:55 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-03-23, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> Your Name wrote:

>>> The colour is there for a reason. Apple's Messages has features not
>>> available in normal texting, the difference in the bubble's colours
>>> let users know which can use those features and which cannot.
>>
>> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
>> bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life, be
>> they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of message
>> bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing at the mouth
>> in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement over green and blue
>> message bubbles. WTF?!
>>
>> Get a life people!
>
> The OP, badgolferman, and his buddy Arlen ("Gelato" and his many other
> nyms) are resident trolls who regularly bitch and moan about green
> bubbles, yellow iPhones, and so on as a ruse to belittle anyone who
> dares to like using Apple products. Not how "Gelato's" only contribution
> to this thread is to call people juvenile names like "iSheep" and claim
> they are all idiots. badgolferman posts the bait, people respond, then
> Arlen swoops in with his trolls and insults. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's
> a childish and frankly boring game they play. ; )

You should add the DOJ to your list of Apple trolls too.

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utn1j5$1ns10$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13007&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13007

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:56:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:56 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-03-23, Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa> wrote:
>> On 22/3/2024, Your Name wrote:
>>
>>> Lets all sue KFC because their fried chicken has a "secret recipe"
>>> that nobody else has.
>>
>> You are predictably reacting to the NY Post, which is yellow
>> journalism. You didn't even read any reliable reports so you
>> completely misunderstand.
>>
>> It's why you own Apple's products, after all. You don't want to think
>> for yourself.
>>
>> You let the NY Post (and Apple) do all the thinking for you.
>
> Frankie is yet another of Arlen's nyms. And yet again he can't bring
> himself to comment without slinging schoolyard insults. ; )

Pot, kettle, black.

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utnjgu$3su66$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13017&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13017

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 11:02:06 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:02 UTC

On 2024-03-23 12:48:47 +0000, Blueshirt said:

> Sten deJoode wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:24:57 -0000 (UTC), Blueshirt wrote:
>>
>>> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of
>>> message bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person
>>> in real life, be they Android or iOS user - who's ever
>>> mentioned the colour of message bubbles. (Really!) Yet on
>>> Usenet there's people frothing at the mouth in anger or pee
>>> peeing themselves with excitement over green and blue
>>> message bubbles. WTF?!
>>
>> Nobody sensible cares about the colors, even on Usenet they
>> don't.
>>
>> On Android you set the colors to anything you want, but on the
>> iPhone Apple does all the thinking for you - but even so -
>> still nobody sensible cares.
>
> Funnily enough, blue happens to be me favourite colour... so it
> works out okay!
>
>> Despite what iMorons think about the DOJ lawsuit, it has
>> nothing to do with colors (that's just sensational journalism
>> that the iMorons love to hate).
>
> The people who [allegedly] feel that they are socially excluded
> and feel there's a stigma over the colour of a message bubble -
> if these people really exist and are not just made up by greedy
> lawyers seeking a settlement pay-out - are probably in reality
> social misfits anyway. As no normal person would think there's
> a negative stigma attached to a message bubble being green!

Kermit the Frog might ... "It's not easy being green". ;-)

Re: green bubble syndrome

<l692a1Fqdc7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13019&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13019

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 23 Mar 2024 22:10:09 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:10 UTC

On 2024-03-23, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> I can't understand the people fixated over the colour of message
>>> bubbles on their phones... I've not met one person in real life, be
>>> they Android or iOS user - who's ever mentioned the colour of
>>> message bubbles. (Really!) Yet on Usenet there's people frothing at
>>> the mouth in anger or pee peeing themselves with excitement over
>>> green and blue message bubbles. WTF?!
>>>
>>> Get a life people!
>>
>> The OP, badgolferman, and his buddy Arlen ("Gelato" and his many
>> other nyms) are resident trolls who regularly bitch and moan about
>> green bubbles, yellow iPhones, and so on as a ruse to belittle anyone
>> who dares to like using Apple products. Not how "Gelato's" only
>> contribution to this thread is to call people juvenile names like
>> "iSheep" and claim they are all idiots. badgolferman posts the bait,
>> people respond, then Arlen swoops in with his trolls and insults.
>> Lather, rinse, repeat. It's a childish and frankly boring game they
>> play. ; )
>
> You should add the DOJ to your list of Apple trolls too.

When the DOJ posts childish trolls here in these newsgroups, I will. In
the meantime, you're just deflecting as usual. Your trolls are as
juvenile and weak as your intellect.

JR

Re: green bubble syndrome

<l692cgFqdc7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13020&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13020

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 23 Mar 2024 22:11:28 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:11 UTC

On 2024-03-23, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> You are predictably reacting to the NY Post, which is yellow
>>> journalism. You didn't even read any reliable reports so you
>>> completely misunderstand.
>>>
>>> It's why you own Apple's products, after all. You don't want to
>>> think for yourself.
>>>
>>> You let the NY Post (and Apple) do all the thinking for you.
>>
>> Frankie is yet another of Arlen's nyms. And yet again he can't bring
>> himself to comment without slinging schoolyard insults. ; )
>
> Pot, kettle, black.

Trolls (bullies) like you and Arlen always claim everyone else are the
real trolls.

JR

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utq30j$tevk$1@news.usenet.ovh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13038&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13038

From: stanleyrobins@nothere.uk (Harry S Robins)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 15:38:43 -0500
 by: Harry S Robins - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 20:38 UTC

On 23 Mar 2024 22:10:09 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> You should add the DOJ to your list of Apple trolls too.
>
> When the DOJ posts childish trolls here in these newsgroups, I will. In
> the meantime, you're just deflecting as usual. Your trolls are as
> juvenile and weak as your intellect.

The DOJ said it was all about anti trust laws being violated by Apple.
Yet you said it wasn't about that but it was about the color of bubbles.

Who is correct about what the lawsuit is claiming?

You or the DOJ?

Re: green bubble syndrome

<l6bsi5F93t8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13045&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13045

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 24 Mar 2024 23:50:29 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:50 UTC

On 2024-03-24, Harry S Robins <stanleyrobins@nothere.uk> wrote:
> On 23 Mar 2024 22:10:09 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> You should add the DOJ to your list of Apple trolls too.
>>
>> When the DOJ posts childish trolls here in these newsgroups, I will.
>> In the meantime, you're just deflecting as usual. Your trolls are as
>> juvenile and weak as your intellect.
>
> The DOJ said

Unlike you (yes, we all know you and your slew of other nyms are Arlen),
badgolferman, and your little juvenile trollboi gang, the DoJ isn't here
trolling this newsgroup. Shut the fuck up.

JR

Re: green bubble syndrome

<utqemt$ljlo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=13046&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13046

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:58:21 +0000
 by: Peter - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:58 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> Shut the fuck up.

It's a good thing you are so clever at answering your own question of who
is trolling, you or the DOJ, especially when the DOJ alleges Apple broke
laws while all you did was claim anyone who understood that, is trolling.