From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Apple can't design a microLED display for the Apple Watch
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:15:57 +0000
 by: Peter - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:15 UTC

Apple is scrapping plans to build a MicroLED display for the Apple Watch,
according to a report from Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. The company reportedly
stopped working on the display around the same time as the company's
decision to cancel work on a self-driving car, writes Gurman, after the
company determiend it would be too costly and complex for Apple to design.
https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/22/24108967/apple-watch-microled-canceled

Apple decided to rely on the design expertise of Samsung and LG instead.

Re: Apple can't design a microLED display for the Apple Watch

<utl8rh$384k5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12975&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12975

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:47:40 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:47 UTC

Peter wrote:
> Apple is scrapping plans to build a MicroLED display for the Apple Watch,
> according to a report from Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. The company reportedly
> stopped working on the display around the same time as the company's
> decision to cancel work on a self-driving car, writes Gurman, after the
> company determiend it would be too costly and complex for Apple to design.
> https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/22/24108967/apple-watch-microled-canceled
>
> Apple decided to rely on the design expertise of Samsung and LG instead.

Bullshit. They could have easily completed those projects. But they are too
busy working on holographic displays and brain implants to replace
touchscreens.

Eventually, when we want to buy a new iphone, we'll make an appointment for
day surgery at an Apple store clinic.

Re: Apple can't design a microLED display for the Apple Watch

<utl9b2$2h0op$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12977&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12977

From: indira@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 06:26:03 +0530
 by: Indira - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:56 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote:

>> https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/22/24108967/apple-watch-microled-canceled
>>
>> Apple decided to rely on the design expertise of Samsung and LG instead.
>>

> Bullshit. They could have easily completed those projects. But they are too
> busy working on holographic displays and brain implants to replace
> touchscreens.

How far is Apple on designing the 5G modem (that came out five years ago)?
Apple's design teams are so incompetent, they can't even copy existing
designs and tweak them a bit so they don't look like they were copied.

If Apple had competence in original design, they wouldn't have to get
caught lying to sell the iPhone to customers who don't know any better.

Apple: Our Ads Don't Lie, But You're a Fool if You Believe Them
https://www.wired.com/2008/12/apple-says-cust/

"Apple doesn't want you to believe what it says, even though the company
claims it's not lying. That's the gist of the Cupertino company's legal
response"

Re: Apple can't design a microLED display for the Apple Watch

<utlate$38jgb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=12979&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#12979

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:22:54 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 01:22 UTC

On 2024-03-23 00:47:40 +0000, Hank Rogers said:
> Peter wrote:
>> Apple is scrapping plans to build a MicroLED display for the Apple Watch,
>> according to a report from Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. The company reportedly
>> stopped working on the display around the same time as the company's
>> decision to cancel work on a self-driving car, writes Gurman, after the
>> company determiend it would be too costly and complex for Apple to design.
>> https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/22/24108967/apple-watch-microled-canceled
>>
>> Apple decided to rely on the design expertise of Samsung and LG instead.
>
> Bullshit. They could have easily completed those projects. But they are
> too busy working on holographic displays and brain implants to replace
> touchscreens.

Nutjob Elon Musk is the one working on brain implants ... mainly
because he himself has no brain (largely thanks to be a drug addict).