Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly. -- Henry Spencer

computers / alt.os.linux / I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

SubjectAuthor
* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageWally J
+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAndy Burns
> [...]
| |    `- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toDaniel65
| +- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in tobad sector
| `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
|  `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageFrank Slootweg
|   +- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
|   +* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my agePeter
|   |+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageFrank Slootweg
|   ||`- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my agePeter
|   |`- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
|   `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toCarlos E.R.
|    `- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageFrank Slootweg
+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toChris Schram
|`- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageWoozy Song
+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toCarlos E.R.
|+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toPaul
||+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toCarlos E.R.
|||`* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toPaul
||| `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toCarlos E.R.
|||  `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
|||   `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toMarioCPPP
|||    +- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toJolly Roger
|||    +- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
|||    `- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my agenospam
||+- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageWally J
||`- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageChar Jackson
|+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
||+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toMarioCPPP
|||`- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
||`* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign inChris
|| `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
||  +* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toPaul
||  |+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageWally J
||  ||+- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toCarlos E.R.
||  ||+- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toPaul
||  ||+- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
||  ||`* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my agenospam
||  |`* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAlan Browne
||  `* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toAndy Burns
|+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toTJ
|`* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageMickey D
+- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toJohnny
+- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toKilladebug
+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toMikeS
+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in toChris Schram
+* I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageJohn Robertson
`- I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my ageWally J

Pages:1234567891011121314151617
I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6j663$376e0$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1372&group=alt.os.linux#1372

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:36:19 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 02:36 UTC

I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D

But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.

It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be inappropriate
for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and many other) videos.

Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<kf504aFgoqjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1373&group=alt.os.linux#1373

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 06:54:20 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 05:54 UTC

Wally J wrote:

> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.

switch to incognito/private tab
create throwaway google account (for total paranoia use a throwaway
email account)
watch video
delete account

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6jtui$16i4r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1375&group=alt.os.linux#1375

From: chrispam1@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 09:21:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 09:21 UTC

On 2023-06-17, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>
> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.
>
> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be inappropriate
> for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and many other) videos.
>
> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?
Yes.

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<skd0mjxeug.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1377&group=alt.os.linux#1377

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:14:20 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:14 UTC

On 2023-06-17 04:36, Wally J wrote:
> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>
> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.
>
> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be inappropriate
> for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and many other) videos.
>
> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?

On a Linux terminal:

yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6k1hu$1719q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1378&group=alt.os.linux#1378

From: NoliMihiFrangereMentulam@libero.it (MarioCPPP)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:22:54 +0200
 by: MarioCPPP - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:22 UTC

On 17/06/23 07:54, Andy Burns wrote:
> Wally J wrote:
>
>> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to
>> confirm my age
>> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can
>> easily track.
>
> switch to incognito/private tab
> create throwaway google account (for total paranoia use a
> throwaway email account)

it seems to still be impossible, since they strictly require
TELEPHONE number, the most personal information ever ...
I tried temporary numbers, and they don't work.

The telephone number scam is also hidden in some promotional
offerings. An example : i have some non verified emails, and
when trying to activate a couple of cloud extentions (the
popular clones of google drive), entering a couple of emails
not associated to numbers, the host required to use not
better precised SAFER EMAILs :D :D :D

They want to link every info, avery activity with a physical
person.

--
1) Resistere, resistere, resistere.
2) Se tutti pagano le tasse, le tasse le pagano tutti

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6k7om$17rfn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1380&group=alt.os.linux#1380

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 22:08:53 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:08 UTC

MarioCPPP wrote on 17/6/23 8:22 pm:
> On 17/06/23 07:54, Andy Burns wrote:
>> Wally J wrote:
>>
>>> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my
>>> age
>>> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.
>>
>> switch to incognito/private tab
>> create throwaway google account (for total paranoia use a throwaway
>> email account)
>
> it seems to still be impossible, since they strictly require TELEPHONE
> number, the most personal information ever ...
> I tried temporary numbers, and they don't work.
>

> The telephone number scam is also hidden in some promotional offerings.
> An example : i have some non verified emails, and when trying to
> activate a couple of cloud extentions (the popular clones of google
> drive), entering a couple of emails not associated to numbers, the host
> required to use not better precised SAFER EMAILs :D :D :D
>
> They want to link every info, avery activity with a physical person.

I am currently unable to check how much of my ISP account monthly usage
I have used because I haven't update my account information (all this
two-state checking stuff).

Last week I enquired of my ISP and they wanted me to enable my mobile
phone camera, point it at my face and, if I read the SMS correctly, LET
THEM TAKE A PHOTO OF MY FACE!! Sure, I might be misreading it and they
only want ME to take the photo ..... but, either way, they have got to
be joking, haven't they??

If I ever get around to sending I photo, I've been thinking of sending a
photo of my Dog or some such!! ;-P

--
Daniel

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6ka2q$18575$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1381&group=alt.os.linux#1381

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 08:48:24 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:48 UTC

On 6/17/2023 6:14 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-06-17 04:36, Wally J wrote:
>> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>>
>> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.
>>
>> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be inappropriate
>> for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and many other) videos.
>>
>> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
>> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?
>
> On a Linux terminal:
>
> yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"

Yeah, I thought that would be an interesting experiment.
Via Windows Bash shell and Ubuntu installation, this is my result.
It's not even getting to parse anything.

$ yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading webpage
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading android player API JSON
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web agegate player API JSON
ERROR: [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Sign in to confirm your age. This video may be inappropriate for some users.

$

I didn't really expect a different result than that, but
certainly the experiment was worth trying.

If the returned web page simply does not have a URI the tool can harvest,
then that is about all they can do.

Only if there is a way to make a cookie, or one of those state schemes
to generate a "maturity token", could you break in without naming yourself.
And then the maturity token server has all your details (the token scheme
is an attempt to anonymize the user). This might have been described in
a recent Pornhub-related article.

Would a VPN work ?

Dunno. Would depend on whether policies displayed are "global" or not.

Even my attempt to search this topic on Bing, was truncated by
the search engine. Very very nice. Kwality.

This means you'll need to mine a site like MDL or similar, manually, for an answer.

Paul

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<20230617080927.7bc13673@mx>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1383&group=alt.os.linux#1383

From: johnny@invalid.net (Johnny)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 08:09:27 -0500
 by: Johnny - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:09 UTC

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:36:19 -0400
Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my
> age
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>
> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily
> track.
>
> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be
> inappropriate for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and
> many other) videos.
>
> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?

Have you ever tried Bing videos?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=russian+and+ukraine+soldiers+face+to+face&&view=detail&mid=8FC399813AFCFCDE63568FC399813AFCFCDE6356&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Drussian%2520and%2520ukraine%2520soldiers%2520face%2520to%2520face%26qs%3DSSA%26form%3DQBVR%26%3D%2525eManage%2520Your%2520Search%2520History%2525E%26sp%3D1%26ghc%3D1%26lq%3D0%26pq%3Dukraine%2520and%2520russian%2520troops%2520fight%2520face%2520to%2520face%26sc%3D10-45%26cvid%3DA946F752AD1B4CD0BA5D88192E87BFFD

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<dun0mjx85d.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1384&group=alt.os.linux#1384

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 15:10:05 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:10 UTC

cer@Telcontar:~/tmp/Wally> yt-dlp
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
[youtube] Extracting URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading webpage
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading android player API JSON
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading tv embedded player API JSON
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded client config
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading player 6ed0d907
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded player API JSON
[info] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading 1 format(s): 248+251
[dashsegments] Total fragments: 4
[download] Destination: Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches;
Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f248.webm
[download] 100% of 35.43MiB in 00:00:01 at 25.00MiB/s
[dashsegments] Total fragments: 1
[download] Destination: Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches;
Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f251.webm
[download] 100% of 2.61MiB in 00:00:00 at 15.73MiB/s
[Merger] Merging formats into "Russian troops enter Ukraine Army
trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].webm"
Deleting original file Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches;
Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f251.webm
(pass -k to keep)
Deleting original file Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches;
Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f248.webm
(pass -k to keep)
cer@Telcontar:~/tmp/Wally>

cer@Telcontar:~/tmp> yt-dlp --version
2023.03.04
cer@Telcontar:~/tmp>

cer@Telcontar:~/tmp> youtube-dl
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading webpage
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Refetching age-gated info webpage
WARNING: unable to download video info webpage: HTTP Error 410: Gone
ERROR: Sign in to confirm your age
This video may be inappropriate for some users.
cer@Telcontar:~/tmp>
cer@Telcontar:~/tmp> youtube-dl --version
2021.12.17
cer@Telcontar:~/tmp>

There are also some intermediary download web pages.

And plugins to firefox, like https://www.downloadhelper.net/
Doesn't work for me.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6kd0j$18gc5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1385&group=alt.os.linux#1385

From: killadebug@mouse-potato.com (Killadebug)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:38:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Killadebug - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:38 UTC

Try Freetube...... Link: https://freetubeapp.io/

--
Pull my finger

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<xTijM.29$L836.13@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1386&group=alt.os.linux#1386

confirm my age
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 09:51:25 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:51 UTC

On 2023-06-17 06:14, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-06-17 04:36, Wally J wrote:
>> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>>
>> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.
>>
>> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be
>> inappropriate
>> for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and many other)
>> videos.
>>
>> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
>> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?
>
> On a Linux terminal:
>
> yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"

To my surprise, worked fine here w/o needing login creds.

Why the OP wants to "hide" from watching that particular video is a
mystery to me.

(Did this in Ubuntu under VMWare Fusion on a Mac)

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6kf8c$18qsb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1387&group=alt.os.linux#1387

From: NoliMihiFrangereMentulam@libero.it (MarioCPPP)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 16:16:44 +0200
 by: MarioCPPP - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 14:16 UTC

On 17/06/23 15:51, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-06-17 06:14, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> On 2023-06-17 04:36, Wally J wrote:
>>> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in
>>> to confirm my age
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>>>
>>> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they
>>> can easily track.
>>>
>>> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may
>>> be inappropriate
>>> for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and
>>> many other) videos.
>>>
>>> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or
>>> Android without
>>> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can
>>> track me?
>>
>> On a Linux terminal:
>>
>> yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
>
> To my surprise, worked fine here w/o needing login creds.
>
> Why the OP wants to "hide" from watching that particular
> video is a mystery to me.

since when one's privacy needs any justification at all ? It
should still be the default ...

> (Did this in Ubuntu under VMWare Fusion on a Mac)

--
1) Resistere, resistere, resistere.
2) Se tutti pagano le tasse, le tasse le pagano tutti
MarioCPPP

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<DqjjM.5090$jlQ4.3203@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1388&group=alt.os.linux#1388

confirm my age
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:28:50 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 14:28 UTC

On 2023-06-17 10:16, MarioCPPP wrote:
> On 17/06/23 15:51, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> On a Linux terminal:
>>>
>>> yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
>>
>> To my surprise, worked fine here w/o needing login creds.
>>
>> Why the OP wants to "hide" from watching that particular video is a
>> mystery to me.
>
> since when one's privacy needs any justification at all ? It should
> still be the default ...

You can watch oodles of their content w/o an account - that is the default.

Because the ref'd video was violent content, they want to cover their
butts that they are not providing it minors. Thus login creds.

Google operate YouTube as a money earning business. How they go about
doing that is their business - but certainly reduced exposure to legal
liability is a "good thing" business wise...

(Let's not get into the fact that any 12 year old can likely get around
setting up a spoof'd account).

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6kndu$19vfg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1390&group=alt.os.linux#1390

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:36:11 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 16:36 UTC

On 6/17/2023 9:10 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:

> cer@Telcontar:~/tmp/Wally> yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
> [youtube] Extracting URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8
> [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading webpage
> [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading android player API JSON
> [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading tv embedded player API JSON
> [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded client config
> [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading player 6ed0d907
> [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded player API JSON
> [info] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading 1 format(s): 248+251
> [dashsegments] Total fragments: 4
> [download] Destination: Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f248.webm
> [download] 100% of   35.43MiB in 00:00:01 at 25.00MiB/s
> [dashsegments] Total fragments: 1
> [download] Destination: Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f251.webm
> [download] 100% of    2.61MiB in 00:00:00 at 15.73MiB/s
> [Merger] Merging formats into "Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].webm"
> Deleting original file Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f251.webm (pass -k to keep)
> Deleting original file Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].f248.webm (pass -k to keep)
> cer@Telcontar:~/tmp/Wally>

Downloading Ubuntu 23.04 and repeating, works as yours does,
and returns the same software release number. Even though
it likely is not the most up-to-date version. Apparently
Debian does not want dynamic updates being done by individual
tools [security issue, not checked by treeherder].

The one I was using, was older. And for most things, it's been
working.

Paul

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6ko1k$3d1vj$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1391&group=alt.os.linux#1391

Followup: comp.mobile.android,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: invalid@is.invalid (Beyond the pale)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 11:47:17 -0500
 by: Beyond the pale - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 16:47 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:22:54 +0200, MarioCPPP wrote:

>> switch to incognito/private tab
>> create throwaway google account (for total paranoia use a
>> throwaway email account)
>
> it seems to still be impossible, since they strictly require
> TELEPHONE number, the most personal information ever ...
> I tried temporary numbers, and they don't work.

The OP should remove Apple newsgroups because iOS is a brain dead platform.
(fup set to remove all those idiot Apple morons from this subthread)

There are many FOSS youtube clients on Android, Windows & Linux.
Some are almost perfect copies of the YouTube app (on Android).
Others are downloaders (on Windows & Linux) which download the videos.

No account is needed by the user to create (the apps take care of it).
That means you have full access to all YouTube videos without ads.
And without having to create a login account.

Which means no email is needed. No phone number is needed.
Nothing but the app is needed (on Android, Windows & Linux).

It's perfectly legal as no YouTube rules are agreed to nor broken.
If Google could shut them down - they would - but they can't.

If you want to know of these apps, just ask - but you probably know them.
Each has been discussed in this newsgroup many times in the past already.

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6koec$1a45u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1392&group=alt.os.linux#1392

From: MikeS@fred.com (MikeS)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:53:31 +0100
 by: MikeS - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 16:53 UTC

On 17/06/2023 03:36, Wally J wrote:
> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>
> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.
>
> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be inappropriate
> for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and many other) videos.
>
> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?

I just watched the video using Edge on Windows as usual.
Just had to OK the may be inappropriate warning.
I have Google accounts for email but have never given them a phone
number or my age.

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6kop0$3d4dl$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1393&group=alt.os.linux#1393

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:59:44 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 16:59 UTC

Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote

>> On a Linux terminal:
>>
>> yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
>>

> Yeah, I thought that would be an interesting experiment.
> Via Windows Bash shell and Ubuntu installation, this is my result.
> It's not even getting to parse anything.

Woo hoo! Yippey! Yay!
That Windows yt-dlp.exe instantly solves the Windows & Linux question!
Thanks!

It did NOT ask me to verify anything!
It just worked!

Here's my version of yt-dlp which I ran in the Windows command shell.
(I do NOT have the BASH SHELL installed onto Windows & I don't want it.)
C:\Program Files\youtube\yt-dlp> yt-dlp.exe --version
2023.03.04

On Windows 10 I pasted the suggestion which worked the first time!
C:\Program Files\youtube\yt-dlp> yt-dlp.exe "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
[youtube] Extracting URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading webpage
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading android player API JSON
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading tv embedded player API JSON
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded client config
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading player 6ed0d907
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded player API JSON
[info] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading 1 format(s): 22
[download] Destination: Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera �U Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].mp4
[download] 100% of 13.32MiB in 00:00:06 at 2.05MiB/s

Name: Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches; Face-to-face fight caught on camera �U Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].mp4
Size: 13972233 bytes (13 MiB)
SHA256: E3D935734B44165E14B32EB57E16A7EFFCFB6135CD63C8C7442B57AA321D25FC

It was so easy that I didn't realize things were that good on Windows!
I'm sure it will work even better on Linux.

What about a solution for iOS and Android to watch vids without needing to
create a login that has to confirm my age and that they can easily track?

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6kp6j$21d9$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1394&group=alt.os.linux#1394

From: mickeydavis078XX@ptd.net (Mickey D)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:06:59 -0400
sha1:Lkx0je3hFPjfjHTUlDTxoRSd3eE= sha256:jDUBeXIwQNXr//HLyB774WnfH/XwBK8VSQVcfSRj+Cw=
 by: Mickey D - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:06 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:53:31 +0100, MikeS wrote:

>> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
>> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?
>>
> I just watched the video using Edge on Windows as usual.
> Just had to OK the may be inappropriate warning.
> I have Google accounts for email but have never given them a phone
> number or my age.

I don't have a Google Account and it asks me to create one to watch it.
Are you sure you're not already signed into your Google Account?

Even so, I don't think a browser is the way to go about this problem.
What you want is the downloaders or the foss youtube replacement apps.

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6kpnq$1aaas$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1395&group=alt.os.linux#1395

From: suzyw0ng@outlook.com (Woozy Song)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 01:16:10 +0800
 by: Woozy Song - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:16 UTC

Chris Schram wrote:

>> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
>> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?
>
> Yes.

https://newpipe.net/

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<F0mjM.4065$LFN7.2440@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1396&group=alt.os.linux#1396

confirm my age
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:25:57 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:25 UTC

On 2023-06-17 12:47, Beyond the pale wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:22:54 +0200, MarioCPPP wrote:
>
>>> switch to incognito/private tab
>>> create throwaway google account (for total paranoia use a
>>> throwaway email account)
>>
>> it seems to still be impossible, since they strictly require
>> TELEPHONE number, the most personal information ever ...
>> I tried temporary numbers, and they don't work.
>
> The OP should remove Apple newsgroups because iOS is a brain dead platform.

Eh?

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<u6kr6s$3dckg$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1397&group=alt.os.linux#1397

Followup: comp.mobile.android,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: invalid@is.invalid (Beyond the pale)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:41:17 -0500
 by: Beyond the pale - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:41 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:25:57 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

>> The OP should remove Apple newsgroups because iOS is a brain dead platform.
>
> Eh?

I've seen you post to Windows so I'm surprised you don't know iOS is crap.

Everyone knows that iOS is brain dead.
The proof is in the taste of the pudding.

There will NEVER be a solution for the iOS platform.
There is ALREADY a solution for all the other platforms.

Given the OP's question of watching an age-restricted YouTube video,
the solution has been provided for Windows, Linux and Android already.

And I stress the answer will NEVER be a web site in a web browser.
The only thing the brain dead iOS platform can do is go to web pages.

The answer is a dedicated app for Android.
It's a dedicated app for Linux.
And a dedicated app for Windows.

Nobody has an answer for iOS.

The reason is that iOS is a brain dead platform in almost every way.
If it's not, then post a link to the iOS app that does what the OP asked.

Don't post a web site.
Post a dedicated app that does EXACTLY what the OP asked for!

1. The user does NOT need to create a Google Account.
2. The user will download or view the video without verifying anything.
3. As an added bonus, none of the suggested apps will ever show an ad.
4. As a double added bonus, all the suggested apps are free open source.

If iOS is not brain dead, then just post a link to the free and open source
app you seem to be disputing doesn't exist on the Apple app store now.

Otherwise, iOS is brain dead and you're the only one who doesn't know that.
(fup set back to the newsgroups that have a solution to everything)

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<58sr8ih8l3d7sv609o6f23pbhc4bj27dm6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1398&group=alt.os.linux#1398

From: none@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:47:45 -0500
 by: Char Jackson - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:47 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 08:48:24 -0400, Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:

>On 6/17/2023 6:14 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> On 2023-06-17 04:36, Wally J wrote:
>>> I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8&pp=ygUWdWtyYWluZSB0cmVuY2ggd2FyZmFyZQ%3D%3D
>>>
>>> But I don't want to create a Youtube account that they can easily track.
>>>
>>> It says "Sign in to confirm your age" and "This video may be inappropriate
>>> for some users" but I want to see what is in this (and many other) videos.
>>>
>>> Can I watch that YouTube video on Windows, Linux or Android without
>>> creating a login that has to confirm my age and they can track me?
>>
>> On a Linux terminal:
>>
>> yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
>>

>Yeah, I thought that would be an interesting experiment.
>Via Windows Bash shell and Ubuntu installation, this is my result.
>It's not even getting to parse anything.
>
>$ yt-dlp "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
>[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading webpage
>[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading android player API JSON
>[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web agegate player API JSON
>ERROR: [youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Sign in to confirm your age. This video may be inappropriate for some users.
>
>$
>
>I didn't really expect a different result than that, but
>certainly the experiment was worth trying.
>
>If the returned web page simply does not have a URI the tool can harvest,
>then that is about all they can do.
>
>Only if there is a way to make a cookie, or one of those state schemes
>to generate a "maturity token", could you break in without naming yourself.
>And then the maturity token server has all your details (the token scheme
>is an attempt to anonymize the user). This might have been described in
>a recent Pornhub-related article.
>
>Would a VPN work ?
>
>Dunno. Would depend on whether policies displayed are "global" or not.
>
>Even my attempt to search this topic on Bing, was truncated by
>the search engine. Very very nice. Kwality.
>
>This means you'll need to mine a site like MDL or similar, manually, for an answer.

yt-dlp.exe (Windows port, of course) seemed to work fine here, without
requiring any age verification or anything else. I updated to the latest
version before giving it a try.

D:\yt-dl>qyt-dlp.exe -U
Latest version: 2023.03.04, Current version: 2022.11.11
Current Build Hash
3e73e80d5b29be0a6bd47cb8636d281ce8a53ba11533f3441ea7d12433165b41
Updating to version 2023.03.04 ...
Updated yt-dlp to version 2023.03.04

D:\_Adult Movies\yt-dl>qyt-dlp
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8"
[youtube] Extracting URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSrXOkCRd8
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading webpage
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading android player API JSON
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading tv embedded player API JSON
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded client config
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading player 6ed0d907
[youtube] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading web embedded player API JSON
[info] 9SSrXOkCRd8: Downloading 1 format(s): 22
[download] Destination: Russian troops enter Ukraine Army trenches;
Face-to-face fight caught on camera | Watch [9SSrXOkCRd8].mp4
[download] 100% of 13.32MiB in 00:00:00 at 13.96MiB/s

D:\yt-dl>

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<yBmjM.4256$7915.2345@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1399&group=alt.os.linux#1399

confirm my age
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 14:05:18 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 18:05 UTC

On 2023-06-17 13:41, Beyond the pale wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:25:57 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:
>
>>> The OP should remove Apple newsgroups because iOS is a brain dead platform.
>>
>> Eh?
>
> I've seen you post to Windows so I'm surprised you don't know iOS is crap.

I only posted on the Windows group a while ago as I have an upcoming
"home office configuration fork" coming and I might buy a small cheap
computer for Windows to support a decidedly aged app that I still use
for certain things. There's also Sage 50 (only distributed for Windows)
but I don't need it critically, but may need (with a very low coeficient
of "may" - VM's do the job currently but not on Apple Silicon).

> Everyone knows that iOS is brain dead.
> The proof is in the taste of the pudding.

Sure. Why Apple sell iPhones like hotcakes for a wide segment of the
population.

Meanwhile some very "niche" users on other platforms get their Apple
Hatred up in a froth. Amusing or tragic? Not sure.

> There will NEVER be a solution for the iOS platform.
> There is ALREADY a solution for all the other platforms.
>
> Given the OP's question of watching an age-restricted YouTube video,
> the solution has been provided for Windows, Linux and Android already.
>
> And I stress the answer will NEVER be a web site in a web browser.

And only a few obsessed angry Apple haters care.

> The only thing the brain dead iOS platform can do is go to web pages.

That smacks of ignorance, but do carry on (Gee - I have dozens of apps
that are not in web pages ...).

> The answer is a dedicated app for Android.
> It's a dedicated app for Linux.
> And a dedicated app for Windows.
>
> Nobody has an answer for iOS.
>
> The reason is that iOS is a brain dead platform in almost every way.
> If it's not, then post a link to the iOS app that does what the OP asked.
>
> Don't post a web site.
> Post a dedicated app that does EXACTLY what the OP asked for!
>
> 1. The user does NOT need to create a Google Account.
> 2. The user will download or view the video without verifying anything.
> 3. As an added bonus, none of the suggested apps will ever show an ad.
> 4. As a double added bonus, all the suggested apps are free open source.

Phhhewt. Google run YouTube the way they want to run it. If that
requires login for some content then that is their right. If there are
work arounds for that that violate the legal and clearly defined
conditions that Google put out and Apple exclude apps that violate
another company's conditions, that speaks well for both Apple and Google.

But, Apple Haters are blind to reality.

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<kf6b1eFn0muU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1400&group=alt.os.linux#1400

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
confirm my age
Date: 17 Jun 2023 18:06:38 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 18:06 UTC

On 2023-06-17, Beyond the pale <invalid@is.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:22:54 +0200, MarioCPPP wrote:
>
>>> switch to incognito/private tab create throwaway google account (for
>>> total paranoia use a throwaway email account)
>>
>> it seems to still be impossible, since they strictly require
>> TELEPHONE number, the most personal information ever ... I tried
>> temporary numbers, and they don't work.
>
> The OP should remove Apple newsgroups because iOS is a brain dead
> platform.

You poor little thing!! Point to the place on the doll where Apple hurt
you. 🤣

JR

Re: I want to watch a youtube video that asks me to sign in to confirm my age

<MHmjM.5957$Zq81.2689@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1401&group=alt.os.linux#1401

confirm my age
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 14:11:56 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 18:11 UTC