From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 23:48:39 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 03:48 UTC

On 6/28/2023 11:33 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> This is an awesome video explaining in great detail how the spine/nerves work, it will help later on to read mri scans with onis 2.5.
>
> So far the cartoon/cell shaded-like diagrams are awesome.
>
> The voice is nice, calm and friendly to otherwise explain the horrible human body:
>
> Best video I have seen so far and he has more:
>
> Douglas Gillard, DC, Professor of Clinical Science:
> How to Read Your MRI with Onis 2.5 – part I (Advanced Lumbar Spine):
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgn8kHoVn1Q
>
> He also has other easier versions videos, I will watch those later, so far I am enjoying the details very much.
>
> His youtube channel:
> https://www.youtube.com/@douglasgillarddcprofessoro5285
>
> Today I plugged in the mini-mouse from my mother's laptop lol !
>
> I can now type 2x to 3x to 4x as fast with virtual keyboard without much stress/energy also clicking is much more reliable than the touchpad of this HP ProBook 4520s.
>
> Today the touchpad frustration was at it's peak, moved the laptop to other side of bed, left side, so I can lie on less painfull side. Bed is now center of bed room.
>
> Extra problem with this touchpad: it's not center but to the left, so I keep pressing right button which brings up all kinds of annoying pop up menus of all kinds of software.
>
> Bye for now,
> Skybuck
>
> P.S.: I could kiss/luv my mother for buying this tiny mouse, while I bought a big one with lights for her, but she returned it for this mini one lol. It fits real nice on this cumbersome german laptop from my half brother, I am still gratefull for that too, at least the gpu (still) works, though I suspect the fan/heatsink needs an internal cleaning, less screws to remove then toshiba it seems, but the keyboard hard to remove worries me somewhat.
> This thing zoooooms a lit currently/sound wise/many heat shutdowns witnessed, it probably never had a cleaning, though this laptop doesn't seemed used much, there are many photos though, but lack of software, I installed some software.
>
> Very interesting experience to operate a computer with 1 finger and vertically

I guess when this is over, you can look forward to your
new career as an MRI technician :-) With all this new-found
expertise in reading MRI results.

Paul

Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<u85s3u$s5c9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1408&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1408

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 03:56:45 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 07:56 UTC

On 7/6/2023 1:31 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> [...]
>
> I HOPE THEY FORGIVE ME LOL.
>
> I WAS A BIT WORRIED I MIGHT BRING HOME A BACTERY THOUGH, BUT I HAD MY MOTHER CLEAN IT TO GIVE IT SOME MOTHER LOVE, BUT THEN I NOTICED HER MUSSLES WEAK, SHE NEEDS HELP.
>
> I WISH I COULD MARY MAYBE ONE OF THESE NICE BLOND OR BRUNETTE GIRLS/WOMEN/NURSES/ONLY REAL THING MISSING IN MY LIFE FOR NOW ! ;) =DDD :((( =DDDD But it also has positive sides.
>
> I still have some urine loss, I did "borrow" some of these handy pancy fancy dipers... ;)
>
> I can recommend my local hospital and their nurses and neuro chirgeons, all professional hard working people amazing.
>
> BIG FAT 10 from ME.
>
> There information providing was sub standard though, nothing explain what it was all for, just paper/manual here and there.
>
> There was even an IPAD I could use, IPAD 16 that was cool/handy to have for some e-mail communication.
>
> I understand why though, they too hard at work/busy providing health care for their patients and my situation was a bit of a rush job ! ;) =D
>
> I am very happy right now, and beyond gratefull, just amazed and in shock how great it all went, astoninishing how fast and good it all went.
>
> Never thought in a million years it would go like they way it went...
>
> Like a holiday/hotel/play mansion kind of experience with some walking dead/graw/bactery/scary things and some spaceship sounds lol and heavenly clouds and hotness/warmth/activity/free drinks/free foods/around the clock.
>
> I will need weeks/months/years to process this in my brain ! LOL.
>
> The hospital itsels is rectangular, double hallway, and passage between hallways, like a fish backbone, somehow this screwed my brain the most, hard to comprehend where all these nurses/people come from, totally out of this world/out of my mind experience, so weird. Maybe it's just my brain/me ! ;) =D
>
> Or maybe my brain was slightly damaged because I told them to inject more stuff before surgeory because I am in the autism spectrum and have a slightly larger brain.
>
> Well for now I don't mind, it's kinda funny and I feel around, slightly dizzy because of all this typing and sleep deprivation, but I am gonna be alright ! ;)
>
> I am not yet sure if and when I will build this/my new computer, it scared the living shit out of me !
>
> I want to change my life, for the better, I want to focus more on health from now on.
>
> One last thing: my mothers want me to buy mobile phone, I keep refusing:
>
> I predict a "neck-demic" in 20 years from now. Mobile phone users getting neck hernias ! It's already happening.
>
> STOP USING MOBILE PHONES WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
>
> Neck-hernias maybe even more dangerous than lower back hernias, what you think ?! ;)
>
> Bye for now,
> A BACK FROM THE NEAR-DEAD-EXPERIENCE, SKYBUCK.

They gave me Demerol, and I thought I had a good time :-)
I even told them not to give me Demerol, but they didn't listen.
For a couple hours, I was just "floating" around the ward.

You, sir, are a party animal.

I think they put you on pain killers too. It's possible
they think they're doing it, so you'll sleep, but that's
not how this works.

For surgery, they give you a "general anesthetic" and they
make you count backwards. 99..98..97 . Generally, by the
time you hit "90", you're "out like a light".

When you're in surgery, they can adjust your meds while
they watch your physiology. Your respiration rate, your
heart beat. One person does nothing but watch that you
neither "come too far out" of being passed out and
"don't go too deep". Sometimes, the thing they're working
on in the surgery, causes instability of your vital signs,
and then the person watching your numbers, has a hell of
a time keeping you sedated properly.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<u8d7f6$21fp3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1409&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1409

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 22:53:25 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 02:53 UTC

On 7/7/2023 3:08 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> I just made a live youtube video about some of my experiences, my advise, my tips and tricks:
>
> How to survive a hernia, How to survive at home, How to surive the hospital.
>
> https://youtube.com/live/rBb8U8FLKzA
>
> I think you might find this interesting and me too in the future.
>
> Bye for now,
> Skybuck.

Well, at least you got your hernia treated.

I wouldn't consider it "normal" to be administering a blood thinner
by injection, at night. If this material had been injected on a regular
basis, throughout the days before this, then this would be part
of a routine.

Examples of blood thinners:

1) ASA 81mg (what I take, one a day, as a blood thinner)
Coated Aspirin, the coating is intended to protect the stomach lining.
This is a very mild blood thinner. Compared to the rest, it's safe.

2) Heparin. Can be applied in low doses. Was used during the COVID era,
for patients admitted with COVID, because the original COVID caused a
lot of blood clots, and the blood clots were "hard to bust". They were
very sticky clots.

The problem with Heparin, is some people have a reaction to it.
This is something that is safer to apply during the daylight hours,
when more hospital staff are available to respond. On our wards here,
there might only be one night nurse, and while there are other staff
at the hospital, the night nurse cannot respond to all "emergency buttons"
at the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heparin

"Heparin is contraindicated for suspected cases of
vaccine-induced pro-thrombotic immune thrombocytopenia (VIPIT)
secondary to SARS-CoV-2 vaccination, as heparin may further
increase the risk of bleeding in an anti-PF4/heparin
complex autoimmune manner, in favor of alternative anticoagulant
medications (such as argatroban or danaparoid)."

"A serious side-effect of heparin is heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)"
(We have one lab in Canada, who can detect whether you're genetically
susceptible or suspected of being a HIT person.)

3) Warfarin (otherwise known as rat poison), is a blood thinner as well.
People who take that regularly, must be monitored by a doctor every
one or two weeks, as the dosage must be adjusted so the patient does
not bleed out, nor stroke. Again, this is not something you would
administer at night for the first time.

4) tPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator)
is a clot buster, rather than a blood thinner, and is a different thing.
This was being used by doctors, to treat patients who already had severe
blood clotting problems. Once the nature of the COVID changed to the less
dangerous variant, the Heparin in (2) was sufficient for the job. tPA is
dangerous as a drug, and is a "drug of last resort".

If the nurse does not have a lot of help on call, then screwing
around with prescriptions like that is not a good idea. If it
is pain killers or sedatives (they love sedatives), then that's
more something that a night nurse could handle.

Paul