From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: (OT) Eternal-September is blocking all posts from Google Groups
again.
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 18:33:19 -0700
 by: John C. - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 01:33 UTC

I emailed Wolfgang at Eternal-September and asked him why ES was again
allowing posts from GG. Here's his reply:

> Ooops, looks like the Cleanfeed spam filter was indadvertently > replaced with the sample filter provided by INN (which doesn’t
> really do anything) during a software update yesterday. Now back
> to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To which I replied:

> No, no need to apologize. I'm glad you figured it out! In fact,
> I'm sure the entire newsgroup is glad you did!!
>
> Thanks and regards,
> John C.

Guess I'll turn off that GG filter I made.

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

I block (filter out) messages posted to this group:
-through Google Groups (source of most of spam posted here)
-through Uzoreto (AKA "Vipernews", source of other spam posted here)
-cross-posted messages (sent to multiple newsgroups at a time)
-from several common trolls (egs. "al", "Bucky Breeder", etc.)

Re: (OT) Eternal-September is blocking all posts from Google Groups again.

<1b0v3zjnpn7ym$.dlg@br-ederson.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14289&group=alt.comp.freeware#14289

From: use.replyto@this.is.invalid (B. R. 'BeAr' Ederson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: (OT) Eternal-September is blocking all posts from Google Groups again.
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 06:19:36 +0200
 by: B. R. 'BeAr - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 04:19 UTC

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 18:33:19 -0700, John C. wrote:

> I emailed Wolfgang at Eternal-September and asked him why ES was again
> allowing posts from GG. Here's his reply:
>
>> Ooops, looks like the Cleanfeed spam filter was indadvertently
>> replaced with the sample filter provided by INN (which doesn’t
>> really do anything) during a software update yesterday. Now back
>> to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> To which I replied:
>
>> No, no need to apologize. I'm glad you figured it out! In fact,
>> I'm sure the entire newsgroup is glad you did!!
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> John C.

Thank you very much! - For the initiative as well as for reporting back!
:-)

BeAr
= What do you mean with: "Perfection is always an illusion"? =
===============================================================--(Oops!)===

Re: (OT) Eternal-September is blocking all posts from Google Groups again.

<1a14p972ay8w1$.150eggs6j1zm4$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14291&group=alt.comp.freeware#14291

From: jj4public@outlook.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 12:05:24 +0700
 by: JJ - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 05:05 UTC

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 18:33:19 -0700, John C. wrote:
> I emailed Wolfgang at Eternal-September and asked him why ES was again
> allowing posts from GG. Here's his reply:
>
>> Ooops, looks like the Cleanfeed spam filter was indadvertently > replaced with the sample filter provided by INN (which doesn’t
>> really do anything) during a software update yesterday. Now back
>> to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> To which I replied:
>
>> No, no need to apologize. I'm glad you figured it out! In fact,
>> I'm sure the entire newsgroup is glad you did!!
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> John C.
>
> Guess I'll turn off that GG filter I made.

Cheers!!

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Re: (OT) Eternal-September is blocking all posts from Google Groups again.