Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 21:30:07 +0100
Subject: Change Nym Alias/Name?
From: fritz@spamexpire-202311.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 20:30 UTC

My OmniMix nym is, taylor <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
How do you change it to, barbara <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>

Re: Change Nym Alias/Name?

<20231108.213852.2c30250c@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=15938&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15938

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net 1530840235
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 21:38:52 -0500
From: remailer@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Subject: Re: Change Nym Alias/Name?
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 02:38 UTC

In article <20231108.213007.bfcbe7a5@remailer.frell.eu.org> Fritz wrote:

> My OmniMix nym is, taylor <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
> How do you change it to, barbara <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>

- At the Nym Configurator, Nym Accounts list select your nym.
- First of all store a backup of your nym by clicking Export!
- Change Name to Barbara, click Modify.

But that won't change the nym key's User ID.
To get that done try the following:

- At the Keyring tab with your nym's key selected use
Copy Secret and Public Key from the context menu.
- Open Gpg4Win's Kleopatra (or any other GPG frontend).
- Menu Tools|Clipboard|Certificate Import.
- Right click that entry at the Certificates list, menu Add User ID ...
- Change Name, not Email address, click OK.
- At the Nym Configurator click > to copy the key's mantra.
- In Klepoatra paste that mantra, click OK.
- Double click the key at Kleopatra's All Certificates list.
- Select the old User ID, click Revoke User ID, confirm, close.
- With File|Export ... and File|Backup Secret Keys ... save
public and secret key to disk.
- Use any text editor to concatenate both keys and
copy the resulting text to the clipboard.
- Within the Nym Configurator
select the Keyring's Paste Key(s) context menu entry.
A GPG error message may show up.
- Done.

Please tell us your results.

Re: Change Nym Alias/Name?

<20231108.232353.7d86122a@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=15939&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15939

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net EC2054020A
From: remailer@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 23:23:53 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 04:23 UTC

On 11/8/2023 6:38 PM, Yamn Remailer wrote:

> In article <20231108.213007.bfcbe7a5@remailer.frell.eu.org> Fritz
wrote:

>> My OmniMix nym is, taylor <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>> How do you change it to, barbara <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>
> - At the Nym Configurator, Nym Accounts list select your nym.
> - First of all store a backup of your nym by clicking Export!
> - Change Name to Barbara, click Modify.
>
> But that won't change the nym key's User ID.
> To get that done try the following:
>
> - At the Keyring tab with your nym's key selected use
> Copy Secret and Public Key from the context menu.
> - Open Gpg4Win's Kleopatra (or any other GPG frontend).
> - Menu Tools|Clipboard|Certificate Import.
> - Right click that entry at the Certificates list, menu Add User ID
> - Change Name, not Email address, click OK.
> - At the Nym Configurator click > to copy the key's mantra.
> - In Klepoatra paste that mantra, click OK.
> - Double click the key at Kleopatra's All Certificates list.
> - Select the old User ID, click Revoke User ID, confirm, close.
> - With File|Export ... and File|Backup Secret Keys ... save
> public and secret key to disk.
> - Use any text editor to concatenate both keys and
> copy the resulting text to the clipboard.
> - Within the Nym Configurator
> select the Keyring's Paste Key(s) context menu entry.
> A GPG error message may show up.
> - Done.
>
> Please tell us your results.

That was really helpful!!!

Thanks very much.

Re: Change Nym Alias/Name?

<20231109.085121.a3709bbf@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=15940&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15940

From: nobody@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 08:51:21 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 08:51 UTC

On 09 November 2023 2:38 am, Yamn Remailer wrote:
> In article <20231108.213007.bfcbe7a5@remailer.frell.eu.org> Fritz wrote:
>
>> My OmniMix nym is, taylor <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>> How do you change it to, barbara <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>
> - At the Nym Configurator, Nym Accounts list select your nym.
> - First of all store a backup of your nym by clicking Export!
> - Change Name to Barbara, click Modify.
>
> But that won't change the nym key's User ID.
> To get that done try the following:
>
> - At the Keyring tab with your nym's key selected use
> Copy Secret and Public Key from the context menu.
> - Open Gpg4Win's Kleopatra (or any other GPG frontend).
> - Menu Tools|Clipboard|Certificate Import.
> - Right click that entry at the Certificates list, menu Add User ID ...
> - Change Name, not Email address, click OK.
> - At the Nym Configurator click > to copy the key's mantra.
> - In Klepoatra paste that mantra, click OK.
> - Double click the key at Kleopatra's All Certificates list.
> - Select the old User ID, click Revoke User ID, confirm, close.
> - With File|Export ... and File|Backup Secret Keys ... save
> public and secret key to disk.
> - Use any text editor to concatenate both keys and
> copy the resulting text to the clipboard.
> - Within the Nym Configurator
> select the Keyring's Paste Key(s) context menu entry.
> A GPG error message may show up.
> - Done.
>
> Please tell us your results.

When trying to change name in GPG I got: "Invalid name"

Re: Change Nym Alias/Name?

<40c734a71b0f78f374c961dfd4d3d1b2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=15942&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15942

From: J@M (D)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 15:12:37 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 14:12 UTC

https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutornymmaintain.htm
>OmniMix * Tutorial * Nyms * Maintaining A Working Nym Account
>OmniMix doesn't allow to modify your nym's key or the destination of its reply
>blocks. Neither would help to improve the safety of your account, as you're
>not able to make adversaries ignore the data they already collected in the
>past. If you feel insecure about not being compromized, the only reasonable
>reaction is to create a different account and avoid any references to the
>discarded one.
>But you're allowed to add or remove reply blocks or change their remailer
>chains, which especially may be necessary to face service disruptions. In the
>header section of every message coming from the nym server you find
>information on the reply block that was used for delivery. Ideally for every
>reply block you defined a separate message should arrive, where the 'slot'
>parameter of the 'O-Nym-Crypto' header references this successful reply block.
>If you never get replies with a certain defined slot number the respective
>reply chain seems to be broken and has to be replaced. That also applies to
>shut down remailers, for which a public key is no longer included in the
>cypherpunk key collections, which is why they are marked in the reply chain
>list with a red cross. Then you only have to modify the chain items within the
>'Nym Configurator', save the data by clicking on the 'Modify' button and
>finally send the new configuration at the 'ModNym' tab by selecting 'Modify
>selected nym account' and pressing the 'Send Config' button.
>It goes without saying, that the replacement of an expired nym server key is
>possible as well, as long as the domain part of its address isn't changed by
>doing so. Nym server keys without a counterpart in the respective keys list
>are also pointed out by a red cross.
[end quote; next https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutornymsend.htm]

Re: Change Nym Alias/Name?

<48aab3e3aef6efec8f7bff4013beb078@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=15943&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15943

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 16:39:39 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 15:39 UTC

> In article <20231108.213007.bfcbe7a5@remailer.frell.eu.org> Fritz wrote:
>
>> My OmniMix nym is, taylor <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>> How do you change it to, barbara <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>
> - At the Nym Configurator, Nym Accounts list select your nym.
> ,,,

Why simply not delete this nym and create a new one?

Re: Change Nym Alias/Name?

<20231109.210635.fc525adf@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=15945&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15945

From: noreply@mixmin.net (Yamn2 Remailer)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 21:06:35 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn2 Remailer - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 21:06 UTC

On 09 November 2023 3:39 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> In article <20231108.213007.bfcbe7a5@remailer.frell.eu.org> Fritz wrote:
>>
>>> My OmniMix nym is, taylor <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>>> How do you change it to, barbara <swift@nymph.paranoici.org>
>>
>> - At the Nym Configurator, Nym Accounts list select your nym.
>> ,,,
>
> Why simply not delete this nym and create a new one?

Ok, I won't delete it, then I'll create a new one. Captain Grammar
strikes again.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Change Nym Alias/Name?