From: michael.uplawski@uplawski.eu (Michael Uplawski)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: [Flnews] Do you do post-processing?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 07:40:18 +0100
sha1:WMz0Yxf7rPbVYSBg4EYKpfdTop4= sha256:6NQ3OjiI7FDJKfJm+Bl4CScWJ1jsfP8bqhBfWrvOph4=
sha1:7LMGCMsZ1D8ieMj5LLadZ7Koef4= sha256:sSu3ddFeotAjQWPmnj5FdROyoyM9ppvzT5pu7f7kuTU=
X-Nothing_Fancy: but plenty of it!
X-My_header: Booh!
 by: Michael Uplawski - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 06:40 UTC

Good morning

is anybody interested in post-processor scripts and -programs for the FLNews
newsreader?

I will not present my own program (yet again) but would be interested in
seeing other solutions, if they are susceptible to be understood by myself ;)

The reasons are manifold, just two of my motivations :

*) My own program suffers from unforeseen difficulties. When I have resolved a
problem, like:
- signatures are preceding a list of references and footnotes instead of ending
the post -
I discover that an X-No-Archive header should have been applied, but is not.

It “appears” that my code is much too complicated, but I would first like to see
how anybody else is attacking similar requirements. It is probably about
text-parsing and delegation of tasks among instances (architecture, if you
prefer) or just about the organisation of a (frugal) script.

*) My very personal opinion is that a program which leaves user-decisions to
the user and FLNews in the way it motivates my own creativity, is oftentimes
less prone to bugs and unexpected behavior than many of the alternatives that I
have tried in the past. Changes are less often imposed than up to me.

The mere possibility of a “post-processor” had triggered my interest in FLNews
in the first place.

Cheerio
--
Geh Kaffee kochen