From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Updated versions for 7/24/2023!
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 10:56:48 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 14:56 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

>> It's impossible to fully update any iPhone older than an iPhone 8.
>>
> I have an iPhone 13 and recent iPad dumbass.

This is a fact, whether or not you iIdiots are aware of what Apple does.
https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/

Apple themselves say they have the shortest support cycle in the industry.
Windows has the longest. Android is five times as long as is Apple support.

> That the 7+ is still getting
> updates is worth mentioning.

It's no loner surprising how incredibly ignorant you iCrazies are.

You do realize that Windows 8 "is still getting updates" also, Hemidactylus
as is almost every Android phone ever manufactured, down to Android 4.4...

No?

You can call me "pond scum" simply for telling you the truth which Apple
was _forced_ to document because researchers were fed up with Apply lying
to people like you Hemidactylus.

Don't believe me?

Read these...
https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/
https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/

Oh, I see... you've never read a word about Apple so that's why you think
Apple does not have the absolute _shortest_ lifecycle support on computers.

> The mention of that carries more importance
> than your worthless loser ass. You are pond scum that winds up in a poorly
> maintained swimming pool people invited to parties surreptitiously
> defecated in at about 1:34am.

The fact is that Apple only updates a single release.
Which is the _worst_ release support in the entire computer industry.

You don't like that fact.
So you call me "pond scum" for telling you that fact.

So be it.
https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/

Re: Updated versions for 7/24/2023!

<u9u5sf$1tpq4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16145&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16145

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 09:26:55 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 16:26 UTC

On 2023-07-27 07:56, Wally J wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote
>
>>> It's impossible to fully update any iPhone older than an iPhone 8.
>>>
>> I have an iPhone 13 and recent iPad dumbass.
>
> This is a fact, whether or not you iIdiots are aware of what Apple does.
> https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/
>
> Apple themselves say they have the shortest support cycle in the industry.
> Windows has the longest. Android is five times as long as is Apple support.
>
>> That the 7+ is still getting
>> updates is worth mentioning.
>
> It's no loner surprising how incredibly ignorant you iCrazies are.
>
> You do realize that Windows 8 "is still getting updates" also, Hemidactylus
> as is almost every Android phone ever manufactured, down to Android 4.4...

"Support for Windows 8.1 has ended

Support for Windows 8.1 ended on January 10, 2023. We recommend you move
to a Windows 11 PC to continue to receive security updates from Microsoft."

<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-the-windows-8-1-update-kb-2919355-b189a9bd-0b33-f4a4-2092-4a5be0ebcb61>