From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 04:46:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:46 UTC

rdh <rdh@tilde.institute> wrote

> The reason I switched from Android to Apple, is because I was tired of
> phones that only get 18-24 months of security updates, and sometimes
> don't even get feature updates. That many iPhones kept getting updates
> six or more years after launch was just too good to pass up.

Hi rdh,

Given iKooks are always ignorant of the truth about Apple products...

By now you should no longer be ignorant of how bad Apple support is.
Apple support is the worst of all common consumer electronic platforms.

By now you should be informed Apple fully supports only a single release.
Meanwhile _every_ other platform often fully supports multiple releases.

And you should be informed EVERYTHING on that iOS monolith becomes
_instantly_ unsupported the moment Apple stops supporting that 1 release.

Meanwhile on _every other common consumer platform_, the drivers, and the
default system apps and the core modules, etc., are supported for as long
as a decade or more.

Android still fully supports all Android 10 and up phones for up to 37 core
modules which are automatically updated over the Internet every single day.

Even Qualcomm firmware drivers are supported seamlessly over the Internet.
All of this you were completely ignorant of before - but no longer.

Do you agree now that Apple support is easily the worst in the industry?

BTW, check out the battery in my free 3-year old Andriod phone...
<https://i.postimg.cc/cHVNcCjW/battery01.jpg>

You never need to charge it overnight.
You charge it when it needs to be charged.
And that takes about an hour.

Using the charger that came with the free Android phone.

Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry

<udn21k$11q9g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16581&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16581

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest
hardware & software & warranty support in the industry
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 07:43:32 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:43 UTC

On 9/11/23 03:46, Wally J wrote:
> And you should be informed EVERYTHING on that iOS monolith becomes
> _instantly_ unsupported the moment Apple stops supporting that 1 release.
>
> Meanwhile on _every other common consumer platform_, the drivers, and the
> default system apps and the core modules, etc., are supported for as long
> as a decade or more.

Geezus, now I'm sad I'm stuck with an iPhone.

> Android still fully supports all Android 10 and up phones for up to 37 core
> modules which are automatically updated over the Internet every single day.
>
> Even Qualcomm firmware drivers are supported seamlessly over the Internet.
> All of this you were completely ignorant of before - but no longer.
>
> Do you agree now that Apple support is easily the worst in the industry?

I also dislike how they don't have any kind of compatibility mode for
software "made for older versions". At the very least, they don't
outright remove it from your phone on update.

Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry

<udn95c$1les$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16582&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16582

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 10:45:00 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 14:45 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> Meanwhile on _every other common consumer platform_, the drivers, and the
>> default system apps and the core modules, etc., are supported for as long
>> as a decade or more.
>>

> Geezus, now I'm sad I'm stuck with an iPhone.

I use iOS and Android every single day - for years and years.
*The iOS devices are all garbage compared to Android*

It's not so much that the iOS devices lack useful hardware.
*It's that Apple drastically limits what iPhones can do*
(Google can't limit what an Android phone can do.)

Yet people love iPhones - just like people join religious cults.
*It doesn't have to make any sense why people like them.*

People are allowed to like the iPhone.

But what they should be is NOT ignorant about the alternatives if they're
going to lie repeatedly by claiming the iPhone is a God-like creature that
can do things that it simply never did - and certainly doesn't do.

The religious iKook zealots have been lying about support for years.
*The iPhone has the _shortest_ overall operating system support.*

Only someone educated in how operating systems update would understand.

I have iPads (and some in my family plan have iPhones) and those people
love them - but - get this - the iPhone owner is _always_ ignorant.

They can't be intelligent because they wasted their money for nothing.

Seriously.
*There's NOTHING useful iOS does that Android doesn't already do.*

And my Android phone was free in April of 2021 when T-Mobile gave every USA
postpaid customer a free 5G phone if they wanted it (they gave me three).

That free phone is more powerful than any iPhone ever sold, simply because
it has an sd slot, a battery that can jump-start your car, and the ability
to load thousands upon thousands (upon thousands!) of apps an iPhone can't.
>> Android still fully supports all Android 10 and up phones for up to 37 core
>> modules which are automatically updated over the Internet every single day.
>>
>> Even Qualcomm firmware drivers are supported seamlessly over the Internet.
>> All of this you were completely ignorant of before - but no longer.
>>
>> Do you agree now that Apple support is easily the worst in the industry?
>>

> I also dislike how they don't have any kind of compatibility mode for
> software "made for older versions".

Nobody knows of any end-of-life (EOL) date for half the components of the
Android operating system (e.g., mainline & treble) and another third are
always available on the play store (e.g., default apps), so there's only a
very small component of Android which isn't updated essentially forever.(1)

> At the very least, they don't
> outright remove it from your phone on update.

Classic of iPhone owners always being afraid of what isn't going to happen.
--
(1) Forever, in this case, means it's not only updated without any EOL
date, but it's open sourced so that the community can support it too.