From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Google Offers to Help Apple Implement RCS Messaging on iOS
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 14:38:42 -0400
References: <sjqhu2$l4l$1@dont-email.me> <b24f34ee-23ec-477b-adb8-b45cec09244cn@googlegroups.com> <ueadl0$1ul8i$1@dont-email.me> <ueajcg$j8k9$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kmvus2Fr6cbU1@mid.individual.net> <ueej4g$12vb3$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kn051cFpuv1U2@mid.individual.net> <uefl53$33so5$1@dont-email.me> <kn1q3oF5p23U1@mid.individual.net> <kn2lsbF9vqgU1@mid.individual.net> <uehl22$1cnjv$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kn3b1mFd5qnU5@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 18:38 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote

>> With those observations being brought up, are these your main RCS
>> reasons? 1. You do not have to sign into any mothership account,
>
> specifically I will not have any Meta account.

It's all about privacy (impossible to get on iOS, but easy on Android).

I am just like you are in that I have zero mothership accounts on my phone.
In fact, I have no accounts whatsoever on any device!
Not on Windows 10.
Not on Android 13.
Not on the iPad either... although almost everything breaks on iOS
the instant you stop being tracked by Apple.

*iOS stops working the instant you don't sign into Apple tracking servers*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/2gKG1ghbjRs>

On the XDA Developers' site, you can see all my privacy threads.
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/galaxya325g.11604613/recent-content>

You can see in those threads that I'm working directly with the developers
of both the best two apps for allowing people to be able to find, download,
install, and "not delete" the APKs that they get directly off the Google
Play Store repository.

Case in point is the Aurora Store developers fixed two bugs for me just
this week, as did the App Finder developers (who fixed two more bugs!).

Aurora Store bugs I filed that they fixed (post 2170 has a summary).
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-5-0-aurora-store-open-source-google-play-client.3739733/post-89023947>

App Finder bugs I filed that they fixed (post 189 has a summary).
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-6-0-app-finder-the-most-advanced-search-engine-for-android-apps.4578809/post-89024201>

>> 2. In order to get free MMS (mainly pictures).
>
> yes, I doubt I've paid to send more than a dozen MMS ever, now I can RCS
> them, rather than having to email them.

Is this an accidental feature (as you prior intimated)?
Or is it a planned feature?

It seems strange that it would be by accident given how robust Google is.
> Unless the recipient has either turned off RCS, or got an iPhone.

You are intelligent so you seem to be aware that the iPhone only works well
when you're logged into tracking servers 24/7/365, which is a privacy hole.

At least with Android, there is never a need to log into tracking servers.

If you're intelligent about it (and you and I are definitely smart guys).
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/galaxya325g.11604613/recent-content>