"In the fight between you and the world, back the world." -- Frank Zappa

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

SubjectAuthor
* Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhoWally J
+* Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixitcandycanearter07

1
Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uev835$28bbg$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16941&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16941

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:32:05 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:32 UTC

Apple advertising being nothing but lies...

This is a direct quote (as are all the quotes bellow)!
[About iPhone 14:] *"It's Literally Not Re-Pairable"*

*Apple _publicly lied_ about repairability!
*As a result, Apple publicly lied about recycling too!*

And that makes Apple a liar about recycling too.

Unlike the iKooks' ignorant unsubstantiated religious fervor..
This is the truth about repairability... for... the iPhone 14 series.

*We Are Retroactively Dropping the iPhone's Repairability Score*
<https://www.ifixit.com/News/82493/we-are-retroactively-dropping-the-iphones-repairability-score-en>
"Systematic Parts Pairing Undermines Design Improvements"

The truth about iPhone 14 repairability:
"We need to have a serious chat about iPhone repairability.

We judged the phones of yesteryear by how easy they were to take
apart, for example, screws, glues, how hard it was to change a battery.

But repairs have gotten trickier, by design.

Software now limits many basic iPhone repairs.

That's why we've revised the repairability score for the iPhone 14
from a recommend 7 out of 10 to a do-not-recommend 4."

"Ever the innovators, Apple introduced a new dimension to repair
that our scorecard simply didn't account for: namely, that you
could take a highly repairable design like the iPhone 14, install
a genuine Apple replacement screen or battery, and then...
it fails to work. Following the correct procedure was no longer enough.

Today, you need one more thing: a software handshake, using
Apple's System Configuration tool. It contacts Apple's servers
to "authenticate" the repair, then "pairs" the new part to your
system so it works as expected.

Of course, it can only authenticate if Apple knows about your
repair in advance, because you gave them the exact serial number
of your iPhone, and they've pre-matched it to a display or battery.

This is only possible if you buy the screen or battery directly
from Apple.

Forget harvesting parts-which is a huge part of most independent
repair and recycling businesses.

It's also impossible to pair any aftermarket parts-which
means only Apple-authorized repairs can truly restore the
device to full functionality."

Apple === liars

What bothers me isn't that Apple lies - but that ignorant
people _believes_ the lies (which even hoodwinked iFixit).
--
My role on the Apple newsgroups is to supply the truth about Apple products
with well-respected links instead of the iKooks' ignorant religious fervor.

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uevcls$2kglb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16942&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16942

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:50:20 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 19:50 UTC

On 9/26/23 13:32, Wally J wrote:
> Today, you need one more thing: a software handshake, using
> Apple's System Configuration tool. It contacts Apple's servers
> to "authenticate" the repair, then "pairs" the new part to your
> system so it works as expected.
>
> Of course, it can only authenticate if Apple knows about your
> repair in advance, because you gave them the exact serial number
> of your iPhone, and they've pre-matched it to a display or battery.
>
> This is only possible if you buy the screen or battery directly
> from Apple.
>
> Forget harvesting parts-which is a huge part of most independent
> repair and recycling businesses.
>
> It's also impossible to pair any aftermarket parts-which
> means only Apple-authorized repairs can truly restore the
> device to full functionality."

So they still have 100% control. Classic apple.

> Apple === liars

JavaScript?

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uevhl0$28rc7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16943&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16943

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 17:15:13 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 21:15 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> Note the news today that not only the latest iPhones received a DO NOT
>> PURCHASE score from iFixIt (due to Apple's lies about repairability)...
>
> IMO there's not much (real) point to buying new iPhones unless you care
> about the camera (which I don't).

The main point was iFixIt rated the iPhone 15 series as DO NOT PURCHASE
if repairability is a concern - where the camera is only one part.

Also, iFixIt retroactively DOWNGRADED the iPhone 14 series to the same
dismal DO NOT PURCHASE rating (if repair is of a concern to the buyer).

The strategic reason Apple makes the iPhones almost impossible for a
homeowner to repair isn't so much that Apple enjoys contributing to ewaste
- it's - as you said - Apple doesn't want the phone to last all that long.

It's the same reason Apple puts those undeniably cheap anemic batteries -
which iFixit even called "anemic" since that's part of Apple's strategy.

Given all batteries degrade to a point that they no longer work, and since
the degradation is based on charge cycles, iPhone batteries die sooner.

The iKooks hate that fact - but none of them has ever taken a class in
chemistry or physics so they only quote Apple's ridiculous advertisements.

Now - to the camera you speak about - it's not clear if you own the adult
cognitive skills to comprehend iPhone cameras rarely make the top ten.

Are you aware of that fact?

The only place iPhone cameras are said to excel is in Apple advertisements.
Real world tests almost always show iPhone cameras are just OK - not great.

In summary, is your camera assessment based on Apple's advertisements?
Or on the real-world unbiased tests (e.g., from reputable camera testers)?

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uevhre$2maqn$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16944&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16944

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:18:38 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 21:18 UTC

On 2023-09-26 12:50, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 9/26/23 13:32, Wally J wrote:
>>   Today, you need one more thing: a software handshake, using
>>   Apple's System Configuration tool. It contacts Apple's servers
>>   to "authenticate" the repair, then "pairs" the new part to your
>>   system so it works as expected.
>>
>>   Of course, it can only authenticate if Apple knows about your
>>   repair in advance, because you gave them the exact serial number
>>   of your iPhone, and they've pre-matched it to a display or battery.
>>
>>   This is only possible if you buy the screen or battery directly
>>   from Apple.
>>
>>   Forget harvesting parts-which is a huge part of most independent
>>   repair and recycling businesses.
>>
>>   It's also impossible to pair any aftermarket parts-which
>>   means only Apple-authorized repairs can truly restore the
>>   device to full functionality."
>
> So they still have 100% control. Classic apple.

Apple produces products that people want to buy.

They don't lie about what is and isn't possible with them, and people
choose to buy them.

>> Apple === liars
>
> JavaScript?

If you're suggesting that Arlen is some sort of JavaScript bot, you're
wrong.

A bot would be more interesting.

;-)

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uevk70$2mp8i$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16945&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16945

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:58:56 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 21:58 UTC

On 9/26/23 16:18, Alan wrote:
>>> Apple === liars
>>
>> JavaScript?
>
> If you're suggesting that Arlen is some sort of JavaScript bot, you're
> wrong.
>
> A bot would be more interesting.
>
> ;-)

I was making a programming joke since that's the only place I've seen
the triple equals.

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uevn7h$2nbu4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16948&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16948

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:50:25 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 22:50 UTC

On 2023-09-26 14:58, candycanearter07 wrote:

>>> JavaScript?
>>
>> If you're suggesting that Arlen is some sort of JavaScript bot, you're
>> wrong.
>>
>> A bot would be more interesting.
>>
>> ;-)
>
> I was making a programming joke since that's the only place I've seen
> the triple equals.

Yes.

I knew that.

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<knhjdbFokktU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16950&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16950

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: 27 Sep 2023 02:47:07 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 02:47 UTC

On 2023-09-26, candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:

>>> JavaScript?
>>
>> If you're suggesting that Arlen is some sort of JavaScript bot,
>> you're wrong.
>>
>> A bot would be more interesting.
>>
>> ;-)
>
> I was making a programming joke since that's the only place I've seen
> the triple equals.

Lots of other dynamically typed languages use strict equality and
inequality operators, including Ruby, PHP, and so on.

JR

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uf05fq$2ouhv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16951&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16951

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 21:53:46 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 02:53 UTC

On 9/26/23 21:47, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> If you're suggesting that Arlen is some sort of JavaScript bot,
>>> you're wrong.
>>>
>>> A bot would be more interesting.
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>
>> I was making a programming joke since that's the only place I've seen
>> the triple equals.
>
> Lots of other dynamically typed languages use strict equality and
> inequality operators, including Ruby, PHP, and so on.

I haven't used those very much.

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uf0m65$2fath$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16954&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16954

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 03:38:45 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 07:38 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>>> I was making a programming joke since that's the only place I've seen
>>> the triple equals.
>>
>> Lots of other dynamically typed languages use strict equality and
>> inequality operators, including Ruby, PHP, and so on.
>>

> I haven't used those very much.

The problem outlined here is that Apple designed both the iPhone 14 and
iPhone 15 to be almost impossible for the consumer to repair.

Which is why iFixIt gave both a score of "DO NOT PURCHASE" (if
repairability is an attribute of a phone that you care about).

Designing phones which are virtually unrepairable is Apple's forte.

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<9sVQM.25757$C_lf.20132@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16956&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16956

From: gbbgu@gbbgu.com (gbbgu)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:43:49 GMT
 by: gbbgu - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:43 UTC

On 27 Sep 2023, Wally J wrote:

> The problem outlined here is that Apple designed both the iPhone 14 and
> iPhone 15 to be almost impossible for the consumer to repair.

Maybe difficult for the end consumer to repair, but it's way better than it
used to be. ifixit seemed to be pretty positive about the repairability:

"Apple has completely redesigned the internals of the iPhone 14 to make it
easier to repair"

https://www.ifixit.com/News/64865/iphone-14-teardown

"iPhone 15 is here, and it boasts a new charge port, a titanium frame, a
periscope, and a new pro-repair design."

https://www.ifixit.com/News/82867/iphone-15-teardown-reveals-software-lockdown

_But_ given that, it looks like apple is doing sneaky DRM stuff...

"However, making the phone's internals easier to access and replace than
before is undermined by Apple's insistence on parts pairing. Just last week
iFixit found itself in the unenviable position of having to downgrade the
iPhone 14's repairability score from a 7 to 4/10 after careful consideration
of the software locks preventing straightforward swaps of components."

https://www.theregister.com/2023/09/26/iphone_15_teardown/

--
gbbgu

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<hxVQM.211135$GHI6.58431@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16957&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16957

From: gbbgu@gbbgu.com (gbbgu)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:49:17 GMT
 by: gbbgu - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:49 UTC

On 27 Sep 2023, gbbgu wrote:

> On 27 Sep 2023, Wally J wrote:
>
>> The problem outlined here is that Apple designed both the iPhone 14 and
>> iPhone 15 to be almost impossible for the consumer to repair.
>
> _But_ given that, it looks like apple is doing sneaky DRM stuff...

This is what I get for reading threads newest to oldest, the whole discussion
started talking about this. Never mind, as you were...

--
gbbgu

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uf1j0n$2gqa3$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16959&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16959

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:50:48 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:50 UTC

gbbgu <gbbgu@gbbgu.com> wrote

> On 27 Sep 2023, gbbgu wrote:
>
>> On 27 Sep 2023, Wally J wrote:
>>
>>> The problem outlined here is that Apple designed both the iPhone 14 and
>>> iPhone 15 to be almost impossible for the consumer to repair.
>>
>> _But_ given that, it looks like apple is doing sneaky DRM stuff...
>>

> This is what I get for reading threads newest to oldest, the whole discussion
> started talking about this. Never mind, as you were...

At least gbbgu reads the news about Apple (which the iKooks _never_ read).

For those who don't know, iFixIt was _fooled_ (originally) by the iPhone 14
claims by Apple of repairability - which - as gbbgu seems to have cognated.

The _downgrade_ of unacceptable for the iPhone 14 happened retroactively.
The assessment of unacceptable for the iPhone 15 just recently occurred.

Essentially, Apple lied about repairability.
Again.

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uf1jmf$34bp8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16960&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16960

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:02:23 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:02 UTC

On 9/27/23 10:50, Wally J wrote:
> For those who don't know, iFixIt was _fooled_ (originally) by the iPhone 14
> claims by Apple of repairability - which - as gbbgu seems to have cognated.
>
> The _downgrade_ of unacceptable for the iPhone 14 happened retroactively.
> The assessment of unacceptable for the iPhone 15 just recently occurred.
>
> Essentially, Apple lied about repairability.
> Again.

How many times have they lied like that?

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uf1k5o$2gsj9$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16961&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16961

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:10:33 -0600
 by: Wally J - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:10 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> For those who don't know, iFixIt was _fooled_ (originally) by the iPhone 14
>> claims by Apple of repairability - which - as gbbgu seems to have cognated.
>>
>> The _downgrade_ of unacceptable for the iPhone 14 happened retroactively.
>> The assessment of unacceptable for the iPhone 15 just recently occurred.
>>
>> Essentially, Apple lied about repairability.
>> Again.
>
> How many times have they lied like that?

I wrote that quickly - which should say Apple lies about everything.
*Except when forced to tell the truth in court*

For example, Apple lied about why they secretly throttled batteries.
Apple blamed it on "battery chemistry" of all things.

Except Apple had _plenty_ of iPhones & iPads that did NOT need to be
secretly throttled - and yet - they all had the same battery chemistry.

Worse... Apple lied that they informed people of their secret throttling.

What Apple actually did was backdate a later release note where they
furtively inserted a single line saying they changed power delivery.

The combination of those lies (both criminal and civil) were that it cost
Apple over a billion dollars in legal implications - but that second lie
alone cost 36 million dollars (as I recall) given the attorneys general of
quite a few states didn't take kindly to Tim Cook brazenly lying in public.

BTW, did you ever notice that the excuse that Apple somehow uses a special
battery chemistry that nobody else uses that has to be throttled....
*was unsigned*

Did you notice that?
Do you think they simply forgot to sign it?

HINT: Apple constantly lies in very creative ways indeed.
--
Don't even get me started on Apple's brazen lies about recycling...
(Apple === Big Tobacco)

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uf1kbl$35lq0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16962&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16962

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 09:13:40 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:13 UTC

On 2023-09-27 09:02, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 9/27/23 10:50, Wally J wrote:
>> For those who don't know, iFixIt was _fooled_ (originally) by the
>> iPhone 14
>> claims by Apple of repairability - which - as gbbgu seems to have
>> cognated.
>>
>> The _downgrade_ of unacceptable for the iPhone 14 happened retroactively.
>> The assessment of unacceptable for the iPhone 15 just recently occurred.
>>
>> Essentially, Apple lied about repairability.
>> Again.
>
> How many times have they lied like that?

Why do you swallow up his bullshit?

I've literally pointed you to lies he is currently still telling. For
instance, that 116°F (that's "Fahrenheit"!) water can inflict
"third-degree burns".

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<uf1lm9$35q0r$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16963&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16963

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 09:36:25 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:36 UTC

On 2023-09-27 00:38, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>>> Lots of other dynamically typed languages use strict equality and
>>> inequality operators, including Ruby, PHP, and so on.
>>>

>> I haven't used those very much.
>
> The problem outlined here is that Apple designed both the iPhone 14 and
> iPhone 15 to be almost impossible for the consumer to repair.
>
> Which is why iFixIt gave both a score of "DO NOT PURCHASE" (if
> repairability is an attribute of a phone that you care about).
>
> Designing phones which are virtually unrepairable is Apple's forte.

Yet you never rant about the repairibility of any other smartphones....

....ever.

Re: Yet again Apple publicly lied - which is why - IFixit retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!

<knk73rF73klU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=16968&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16968

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
retroactively dropped iPhone 14 Repairability Scores to DO NOT PURCHASE!
Date: 28 Sep 2023 02:35:40 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 02:35 UTC

On 2023-09-27, candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:

> How many times have they lied like that?

Nothing in the iFixIt article states that Apple made a statement that
was false, nor do I see a statement from Apple. So what are you so
convinced Apple supposedly lied about, "candycanearter07"? 🙂

JR