From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: These 2 commands cast your phone into a 2-feet-tall giant on your PC monitor over Wi-Fi
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:57:40 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 19:57 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

> Nowadays, yeah. Its pretty common to get ultra big monitors.
> Also, they could be measuring diagonally.

Please do not respond to Alan Baker who is a moron with a 40 IQ
(nobody responds to him because he's merely Snit reincarnated).

To your point, the phone is cast to the height of the monitor.
By default. <https://i.postimg.cc/CLcYkNNh/desktop.jpg>

There is no diagonal math required.
All you need to know is the normal orthogonal height of the monitor.
<https://i.postimg.cc/G2KhqJ38/sndcpy01.jpg> Mirror both video & audio

Sometimes, particularly when watching YouTube videos on NewPipe,
(casting the phone audio to the PC's much more powerful speakers)
it will make use of the (much wider!) PC monitor as shown below.
<https://i.postimg.cc/jdXm2ggJ/sndcpy02.jpg> Even mirror ad-free YouTube
<https://i.postimg.cc/90PPxkRP/sndcpy03.jpg> Resolution is same as devices
<https://i.postimg.cc/qgfYKWf8/sndcpy04.jpg> Resizing to full monitor size

Note that my taskbar is on the side for that very same reason of the
aspect ratio being that most monitors are much wider than they are tall.

In summary, despite the Snit idiocy you should never have responded to,
you can cast your phone to the size of your monitor. Why wouldn't you?

Since I back up my statements on Usenet (unlike the Snit-like iKooks),
here are basic illustrations showing the power of Windows with Android!

<https://i.postimg.cc/KvTvtMS8/scrcpy31.jpg> HNS stop/start solution
<https://i.postimg.cc/WbpYsfqg/scrcpy30.jpg> Windows Update is the problem
<https://i.postimg.cc/Hs1ZZ5H0/scrcpy29.jpg> net stop hns & net start hns
<https://i.postimg.cc/pdyTjwnT/scrcpy28.jpg> Android assigns random ports
<https://i.postimg.cc/25XrGW9R/scrcpy27.jpg> Nobody can find locked ports
<https://i.postimg.cc/Dz1rcpDX/scrcpy26.jpg> Windows Update locks ports
<https://i.postimg.cc/tgvzsMRm/scrcpy25.jpg> Connect over Wi-Fi sans USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Hnw59ZHm/scrcpy24.jpg> Compare Vysor to scrcpy
<https://i.postimg.cc/mrz6gJpC/scrcpy23.jpg> Android SMS/MMS on Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/c4Wq5x9j/scrcpy22.jpg> Vysor IP address option
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FJMKYch/scrcpy21.jpg> Windows Drive: === Android
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y9jbTtcN/scrcpy20.jpg> Start /b as a CMD works! :)
<https://i.postimg.cc/3R6nTz7s/scrcpy19.jpg> Start /b TARGET fails :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y93b1z0n/scrcpy18.jpg> Free Automation APKs
<https://i.postimg.cc/bvRXdbxg/scrcpy17.jpg> AutoIT & IFFT & Automate
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NrK7jtg/scrcpy16.jpg> powershell hide-console trick
<https://i.postimg.cc/g2yNftw0/scrcpy15.jpg> Trick to pin batch shortcut
<https://i.postimg.cc/XqZsmVFM/scrcpy14.jpg> AppPath & shortcut TARGET
<https://i.postimg.cc/CxXH6N2r/scrcpy13.jpg> No scrcpy console window!
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYKNnHxD/scrcpy12.jpg> REG test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/7LWJhWxq/scrcpy11.jpg> Shortcut test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/fyWw2nXh/scrcpy10.jpg> The console came up :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/66Gn2t2g/scrcpy09.jpg> REG test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/nV6K0Cfn/scrcpy08.jpg> CMD test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mnt as drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sx1hgWmY/scrcpy06.jpg> Press two hardware buttons
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC

Not only can you cast your audio/video over Wi-Fi to the PC, but you
can just as easily mount your entire file system (even root partitions!)
over Wi-Fi where each sdcard shows up as a separate Windows drive letter.
<https://i.postimg.cc/sxzR0Pg8/webdav01.jpg> WebDav has no sd permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/X7FS61HD/webdav02.jpg> X-plore has no permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvmRBrbt/webdav03.jpg> File Manager has permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/3xCsd4HX/webdav04.jpg> My Files has permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/Njm6ZXsc/webdav05.jpg> Permissions are the same
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvJdKWzt/webdav06.jpg> Both sdcards mounted
<https://i.postimg.cc/cJLK1wt0/webdav07.jpg> Mount the entire filesystem
<https://i.postimg.cc/qv6HJ7GN/webdav08.jpg> Each sdcard is a drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/D0qMxTMB/webdav09.jpg> FOSS general purpose solution
<https://i.postimg.cc/wM4Z45pN/webdav10.jpg> Free Android WebDAV servers
<https://i.postimg.cc/BQyRxCN9/webdav11.jpg> Mount sdcards read & write
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYWwgGmy/webdav12.jpg> As Windows drive letters
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtbR1GY0/webdav13.jpg> Over Wi-Fi on your home LAN
<https://i.postimg.cc/JhjpnRgh/webdav14.jpg> Mirroring Android on Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/gcKXV6F7/webdav16.jpg> A third free WebDAV server

All without need to root your phone. It just works. Like it should.
--
With Android and Windows, you can pretty much do whatever you need to.

Re: These 2 commands cast your phone into a 2-feet-tall giant on your PC monitor over Wi-Fi

<ufn4u5$131l2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17216&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17216

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: These 2 commands cast your phone into a 2-feet-tall giant on your
PC monitor over Wi-Fi
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 13:05:25 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 20:05 UTC

On 2023-10-05 12:57, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>> Nowadays, yeah. Its pretty common to get ultra big monitors.
>> Also, they could be measuring diagonally.
>
> Please do not respond to Alan Baker who is a moron with a 40 IQ
> (nobody responds to him because he's merely Snit reincarnated).
>
> To your point, the phone is cast to the height of the monitor.
> By default. <https://i.postimg.cc/CLcYkNNh/desktop.jpg>
>
> There is no diagonal math required.
> All you need to know is the normal orthogonal height of the monitor.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/G2KhqJ38/sndcpy01.jpg> Mirror both video & audio

Except that monitors are sized diagonally and to get a "2-feet high"
image of your phone, you need 49" or 40" (depending on 16:9 or 4:3).

Re: These 2 commands cast your phone into a 2-feet-tall giant on your PC monitor over Wi-Fi

<ufn5pi$tc0l$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17217&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17217

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:20:02 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 20:20 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

> On 10/5/23 14:43, Alan wrote:
>> Is it really?
>>
>> I work with lots and lots of individuals and businesses, and seeing a
>> monitor that large...
>>
>> ...has never happened.
>>
>> Not even once.
>>

>>> Also, they could be measuring diagonally.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> Ergo 49" and 40" diagonal for 16:9 and 4:3 respectively.
>
> Big monitors are more common with like gamers and video editors, but
> they do definitely exist.

Jesus Christ candycanearter07,
*Please do NOT respond to the moron 40-IQ Snit-like Alan Baker.*

He is Snit reincarnated, where this is the typical output of Snit:
<https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo> iKooks deny every fact they hate

These uneducated low-IQ ignorant iKooks dispute every fact they hate.
(And that's a _lot_ of facts!)

As with Snit (the author of that idiotic YouTube video) none of the iKooks
has earned even the equivalent of a high school diploma for God's sake.

*The iKooks are incredibly ignorant*
*They dispute everything they are ignorant of*

Please do NOT respond to Alan Baker (for the sake of all of us).

We're trying to get something done here - which is educate people on what
they can do with two simple commands that are super powerful (well, three).
C:\> adb connect [IP]:[PORT]
C:\> scrcpy -s [IP] && sndcpy [IP]
C:\> net use Z: \\[IP]@[PORT]\DavWWWRoot /USER:uname passwd

The 1st command establishes a Wi-Fi connection between Android/Windows.
The 2nd command casts both the video & audio over Wi-Fi to the monitor.
The 3rd command mounts each Android sdcard as a Windows drive letter.

Suffice to say the phone can be cast by default to the height (portrait
mode) or width (landscape mode) of the monitor and the Android file system
can be mounted onto Windows as a drive letter with these simple commands.
1. Screencopy example illustrated below:
<https://i.postimg.cc/KvTvtMS8/scrcpy31.jpg> Cast video to Windows

2. Soundcopy example illustrated below:
<https://i.postimg.cc/G2KhqJ38/sndcpy01.jpg> Cast audio to Windows

3. WebDav example illustrated below:
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvJdKWzt/webdav06.jpg> Both sdcards mounted

Why the iKooks wish to dispute that basic fact says something about them.
--
The ignorant low-IQ iKooks dispute every fact they are ignorant of.

Re: These 2 commands cast your phone into a 2-feet-tall giant on your PC monitor over Wi-Fi

<ufn687$141ec$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17218&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17218

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
PC monitor over Wi-Fi
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 13:27:51 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 20:27 UTC

On 2023-10-05 13:20, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>> On 10/5/23 14:43, Alan wrote:
>>> Is it really?
>>>
>>> I work with lots and lots of individuals and businesses, and seeing a
>>> monitor that large...
>>>
>>> ...has never happened.
>>>
>>> Not even once.

>>> Nope.
>>>
>>> Ergo 49" and 40" diagonal for 16:9 and 4:3 respectively.
>>
>> Big monitors are more common with like gamers and video editors, but
>> they do definitely exist.
>
> Jesus Christ candycanearter07,
> *Please do NOT respond to the moron 40-IQ Snit-like Alan Baker.*
>
> He is Snit reincarnated, where this is the typical output of Snit:
> <https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo> iKooks deny every fact they hate
>
> These uneducated low-IQ ignorant iKooks dispute every fact they hate.
> (And that's a _lot_ of facts!)
>
> As with Snit (the author of that idiotic YouTube video) none of the iKooks
> has earned even the equivalent of a high school diploma for God's sake.
>
> *The iKooks are incredibly ignorant*
> *They dispute everything they are ignorant of*
>
> Please do NOT respond to Alan Baker (for the sake of all of us).
>
> We're trying to get something done here - which is educate people on what
> they can do with two simple commands that are super powerful (well, three).
> C:\> adb connect [IP]:[PORT]
> C:\> scrcpy -s [IP] && sndcpy [IP]
> C:\> net use Z: \\[IP]@[PORT]\DavWWWRoot /USER:uname passwd

Of course, on a Mac...

<https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204289>

Re: These 2 commands cast your phone into a 2-feet-tall giant on your PC monitor over Wi-Fi

<ufnpfe$12vi1$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17220&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17220

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 21:55:58 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 01:55 UTC

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote

> Son uses a 45" TV as a monitor. Dirt cheap now and works great. Do you
> have any idea how many reasonable-size xterms you can put on a 45" monitor?

Hi TheRealBev,

Thanks for understanding there is inherent power in these simple commands.

The beauty of this setup isn't just the size of the windows, as there are
many other instant bonuses gained when you seamlessly connect phone to PC.

Size is only one obvious feature - the real advantage (other than size) is
you have freedom to treat both the display & filesystem as one entity.

To further explain to you that the beauty isn't only in the inherent size
advantages, notice the two filesystems are one and the same as a result.

A. For example, you just _slide_ an APK from PC to phone & it installs!
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg>
B. Another glaring example is you can access the read-only root
partitions (e.g., the /etc/hosts file) without being rooted.
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYWwgGmy/webdav12.jpg>
C. A third useful example is the clipboard is completely shared
between both systems, with a slight bit of resulting confusion.
<I'm not sure how to "illustrate" a shared clipboard.>
D. Another beauty, if you use the right Android tools, is that
_every APK_ (every file, every version!) is automatically saved.
<https://i.postimg.cc/c4PrjSwx/aurora19.jpg>

Fundamentally all it takes is these three simple, yet powerful commands.
C:\> adb connect [IP]:[PORT]
C:\> scrcpy -s [IP] && sndcpy [IP]
C:\> net use Z: \\[IP]@[PORT]\DavWWWRoot /USER:uname passwd

Note: For automatic saving of every APK ever installed, you need to
set a simple switch to _not delete_ the APK after it's installed!
<https://i.postimg.cc/Z5kdD2rg/aurora04.jpg> APKs autosaved to sdcard

I hope people can understand how inordinately powerful those commands are.
a. The 1st command establishes an adb connection between Android/Windows.
b. The 2nd command uses adb to cast both the phone video & audio to the PC
c. The 3rd command mounts each Android sdcard as a Windows drive letter.

The result of those three simple commansd is all this instant power.
a. There is no USB required (although it works just fine over USB too).
b. There are no mothership tracking accounts required to track you.
c. The two file systems and the display are seamlessly connected.

In addition, if you want to _search_ for the best apps to download them
onto your PC automatically, this Skyica app finder has the best filters.
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scadica.aq>

Here's an example of seeking free ad free apps but the filters are the
finest on the planet - and the APKs are saved directly to both platforms!
<https://i.postimg.cc/Kcn7pvpX/afp09.jpg> Search for the best apps!

In fact, in keeping with the purpose of this thread which is to impart
hard-earned knowledge of the best methods possible to others out there,
these half dozen free apps are probably the best apps on Android today!

1. Skyica App Finder (Google Play Store searcher skin on steroids)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scadica.aq>
2. Aurora Store (Google Play Store installer skin on steroids)
<https://aurorastore.org/>
3. MuntashirAkon App Manager (app inspector & interceptor on steroids)
<https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager>
4. NetGuard (System wide firewall & ad blocker on steroids)
<https://netguard.me/>
5. NewPipe (YouTube replacement, ripper & downloader on steroids)
<https://newpipe.net/>
6. Andronix (Linux distros on Android without needed to be rooted)
<https://andronix.app/>
--
My goal on Usenet newsgroups is to be a valuable member of the team.