From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Beeper Mini: Latest Android app to emulate iMessage protocol
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 15:13:06 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 19:13 UTC

Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote

>> Why would I want to pay �2/month "entrance fee" to the walled garden,
>> when we expect the gates to be opened (to some extent) next year?
>
> What walled garden? Apple devices roam wherever they like. No walls.
>
> OTOH, they have a superb eco-system between Apple devices that excludes
> non Apple systems. iMessage service is one of them.

Alan Browne is wrong. Dead wrong. He doesn't know how iOS works.
He's never tried _not logging into the walled garden_ for example.
I have.

It is rather telling that this Apple iKook has absolutely no idea he's
logging into _many_ different Apple servers every day of his entire life.
<https://i.postimg.cc/7P7NCctS/locked-01.jpg> AppleID is locked by Apple

Where if you don't log in constantly, Apple _bricks_ the walled garden!
<https://i.postimg.cc/4dHQQFfk/locked-02.jpg> Password was always good

For example, here's the prompt when you don't log in daily to iMessages.
<https://i.postimg.cc/rwyGPpV9/locked-05.jpg> iMessage walled garden

And, as another example, here's the prompt if you don't log into iCloud.
<https://i.postimg.cc/rpmJKw7p/locked-04.jpg> iCloud walled garden

Worse... if you _refuse_ to log into the walled garden, Apple bricks the
device in terms of making everything inside the walled garden lock up.
<https://i.postimg.cc/vTdfLY2f/locked-03.jpg> Apple wants a gov license!!!

And the only way to unbrick your own device, is to lose all your privacy
because Apple requires you to present a government ID in person to get your
own iPad back from them if you don't log into Apple servers every day of
your life for the rest of your life.

Ask me how I know this...
--
(Hint: Those are my screenshots from last month).

Re: Beeper Mini: Latest Android app to emulate iMessage protocol

<ul2ngl$2btok$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17577&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17577

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 13:51:16 -0800
 by: Alan - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 21:51 UTC

On 2023-12-09 11:13, Wally J wrote:
> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote
>
>>> Why would I want to pay Ł2/month "entrance fee" to the walled garden,
>>> when we expect the gates to be opened (to some extent) next year?
>>
>> What walled garden? Apple devices roam wherever they like. No walls.
>>
>> OTOH, they have a superb eco-system between Apple devices that excludes
>> non Apple systems. iMessage service is one of them.
>
> Alan Browne is wrong. Dead wrong. He doesn't know how iOS works.
> He's never tried _not logging into the walled garden_ for example.
>
> I have.
>
> It is rather telling that this Apple iKook has absolutely no idea he's
> logging into _many_ different Apple servers every day of his entire life.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/7P7NCctS/locked-01.jpg> AppleID is locked by Apple

Showing an image of your AppleID being locked doesn't provide any
evidence that it was locked because you didn't log in.

> Where if you don't log in constantly, Apple _bricks_ the walled garden!
> <https://i.postimg.cc/4dHQQFfk/locked-02.jpg> Password was always good

Supra

> For example, here's the prompt when you don't log in daily to iMessages.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/rwyGPpV9/locked-05.jpg> iMessage walled garden

To use any messaging app, you need an ID. Otherwise, how can the
app/service direct messages to you?

> And, as another example, here's the prompt if you don't log into iCloud.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/rpmJKw7p/locked-04.jpg> iCloud walled garden

So don't log in. It's not a requirement.

> Worse... if you _refuse_ to log into the walled garden, Apple bricks the
> device in terms of making everything inside the walled garden lock up.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/vTdfLY2f/locked-03.jpg> Apple wants a gov license!!!

Your images don't support your assertion.

> And the only way to unbrick your own device, is to lose all your privacy
> because Apple requires you to present a government ID in person to get your
> own iPad back from them if you don't log into Apple servers every day of
> your life for the rest of your life.
>
> Ask me how I know this...

Based on previous history, I assume you're not telling the entire story.

Re: Beeper Mini: Latest Android app to emulate iMessage protocol

<MA5dN.7531$83n7.4951@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17578&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17578

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 17:09:48 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 22:09 UTC

On 2023-12-09 16:51, Alan wrote:

> Based on previous history, I assume you're not telling the entire story.

It also (being a troll) added the Mac group to the thread. Pls prune
those when you reply if you must feed it.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Beeper Mini: Latest Android app to emulate iMessage protocol

<ul3gjs$2hhut$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17580&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17580

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 00:59:41 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 04:59 UTC

Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote

>> Based on previous history, I assume you're not telling the entire story.

I have Alan Baker & Snit blocked, so I didn't see this until Alan Browne's
post, which shows how deathly afraid these iKooks are of the basic facts.

They deny all facts about Apple simply because they don't like the facts.
No other reason.

They just don't like the facts.

I had never logged out.
And yet, Apple _constantly requires_ you to log into the walled garden.

That's just a fact.
It's a fact the iKooks hate.

But it's still a fact even as the iKooks hate all facts about Apple.

The simple assessment of that fact is that nothing in the walled garden
works for long if you don't constantly, repetitively & incessantly log into
the Apple walled-garden mothership tracking servers. That's just a fact.

These are facts which occurred when I upgraded to iOS 16.7.2 on my iPad.
<https://i.postimg.cc/9fPjQpr3/nag01.jpg> 3 iOS nag items
<https://i.postimg.cc/wxwgN0Fg/nag02.jpg> 2 iOS nag items
<https://i.postimg.cc/3NVqB4dC/nag03.jpg> 1 iOS nag item (permanent)

Bear in mind, I never logged out.

No other operating system is built with that mothership tracking required.
Yet, the iKooks are oblivious of the very fact that they're logging in!

So what do the iKooks do?
a. Do they test the statements by NOT logging into Apple servers?
b. Do they even _understand_ how to test the factual statemenets above?
c. Or, do all iKooks brazenly deny every fact about Apple they don't like

FACTS (bearing in mind I never logged out!):
<https://i.postimg.cc/rpmJKw7p/locked-04.jpg> Then, iCloud works again
<https://i.postimg.cc/rwyGPpV9/locked-05.jpg> Then, Messages works again
--
There's a reason it's called the walled garden.

Re: Beeper Mini: Latest Android app to emulate iMessage protocol

<ul3hde$2itip$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17582&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17582

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 21:13:18 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 05:13 UTC

On 2023-12-09 20:59, Wally J wrote:
> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote
>
>>> Based on previous history, I assume you're not telling the entire story.
>
> I have Alan Baker & Snit blocked, so I didn't see this until Alan Browne's
> post, which shows how deathly afraid these iKooks are of the basic facts.
>
> They deny all facts about Apple simply because they don't like the facts.
> No other reason.
>
> They just don't like the facts.
>
> I had never logged out.
> And yet, Apple _constantly requires_ you to log into the walled garden.
>
> That's just a fact.

That's just an ASSERTION.