From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Does it scare you that a mere child (yet again) easily broke into Apple's "most-secure" product?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 01:06:36 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 05:06 UTC

It happened with Face-Time, which turned out to never have been tested
(which Google's Project Zero proved beyond any doubt).

Most of the FaceTime code had _never even once_ been put thru a QA cycle!

At that time, Apple didn't object to the facts - Apple merely said that
they wished Google hadn't told the world of their shoddy QA until after
telling Apple (which, of course, Craig Federighi already knew since we have
his internal emails lambasting the utter lack of any QA on FaceTime).

Now... the same thing happens with Apple's so-called 'secure messaging'.
<https://9to5google.com/2023/12/09/apple-beeper-mini-imessage/>

*Does it scare you that Apple's so-called "secure flagship products"*
*continually get broken into by mere children?*
--
HINT: Nobody has a lower R&D spend than Apple - in all of high tech.

Re: Does it scare you that a mere child (yet again) easily broke into Apple's "most-secure" product?

<ul4u9m$3gg1u$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17583&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17583

From: this@is.invalid (david)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 10:59:18 -0700
 by: david - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 17:59 UTC

Using <news:ul3h0r$2hj1f$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Wally J wrote:

> It happened with Face-Time, which turned out to never have been tested
> (which Google's Project Zero proved beyond any doubt).
>
> Most of the FaceTime code had _never even once_ been put thru a QA cycle!
>
> At that time, Apple didn't object to the facts - Apple merely said that
> they wished Google hadn't told the world of their shoddy QA until after
> telling Apple (which, of course, Craig Federighi already knew since we have
> his internal emails lambasting the utter lack of any QA on FaceTime).
>
> Now... the same thing happens with Apple's so-called 'secure messaging'.
> <https://9to5google.com/2023/12/09/apple-beeper-mini-imessage/>
>
> *Does it scare you that Apple's so-called "secure flagship products"*
> *continually get broken into by mere children?*

Apple said they blocked it because they were worried about metadata & spam.

Apple "took steps to protect our users by blocking techniques that exploit
fake credentials in order to gain access to iMessage," the statement read.
Citing "metadata exposure and enabling unwanted messages, spam, and
phishing attacks,"
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/12/beeper-minis-imessage-app-for-android-is-broken-possibly-by-apple/

Re: Does it scare you that a mere child (yet again) easily broke into Apple's "most-secure" product?

<ul5gh9$2rn5n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=17584&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17584

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Does it scare you that a mere child (yet again) easily broke into
Apple's "most-secure" product?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 15:10:33 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 23:10 UTC

On 2023-12-09 21:06, Wally J wrote:
> It happened with Face-Time, which turned out to never have been tested
> (which Google's Project Zero proved beyond any doubt).
>
> Most of the FaceTime code had _never even once_ been put thru a QA cycle!
>
> At that time, Apple didn't object to the facts - Apple merely said that
> they wished Google hadn't told the world of their shoddy QA until after
> telling Apple (which, of course, Craig Federighi already knew since we have
> his internal emails lambasting the utter lack of any QA on FaceTime).
>
> Now... the same thing happens with Apple's so-called 'secure messaging'.
> <https://9to5google.com/2023/12/09/apple-beeper-mini-imessage/>
>
> *Does it scare you that Apple's so-called "secure flagship products"*
> *continually get broken into by mere children?*

The people who wrote Beeper Mini were "children"?