Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Subject: Dock lock
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 09:19:28 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:19 UTC

Later versions of Mac OS continue to have arbitrary weird behaviour.

This am, suddenly the Dock would not pop up on moving the pointer to the
bottom of the screen.

Tried esc., changing apps (CMD-tab), changing screens, etc. and so on.

Went to settings to the "Automatically Hide and Show the Dock" setting,
and w/o changing it, just pointing at the setting, suddenly the dock
popped up. Weird.

Not sure if this a Sonoma / Ventura issue - I've never seen such before
(or at least not in too many years to remember) or perhaps an Apple
Silicon issue.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.