From: chrispam1@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: 15 Mac Settings To Make Your Mac More Secure
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:45:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:45 UTC

On 2024-03-21, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2024-03-21 18:27:43 +0000, Snit said:
>> On Mar 21, 2024 at 10:44:36 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
>> <65fc7205$0$2187650$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>:

>>> An excellent presentation!
>>>
>>> Thank you. :-)
>>
>> You are welcome.
>
> *ONE* setting to make any device more secure ... never switch it on! ;-)

Spackle! If there is a port to anywhere outside the computer, spackle
over it. Power, USB, Ethernet, ventilation openings, the works; spackle
over it.

Disclosure: I got this from John McAfee, when he was still a funny guy,
many years before he became strange and dangerous and insane and an
international fugitive and dead. He ran a dialup BBS in Santa Clara,
California, and threw monthly pizza parties for his BBSers. Too bad what
he became eventually.

--
chrispam1@me.com is an infrequently monitored address. Email may get lost.
Networking: What happens when, for as long as a moment, billions of