Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

SubjectAuthor
* DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messagTamborino
+* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meYour Name
> [...]
|    |              `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAnonymous
|    |               `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
|    |                `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAnonymous
|    |                 `- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
|    +- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meYour Name
|    `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAnonymous
|     `- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
+- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
+* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meArno Welzel
|+* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
||`- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meArno Welzel
|`- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meJörg Lorenz
`- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meJörg Lorenz

Pages:123
Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvmghb$13bev$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18490&group=comp.sys.mac.system#18490

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 11:37:31 -0700
<uukmmf$6op7$1@dont-email.me> <uuks3l$7ss7$1@dont-email.me>
<uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me> <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me>
<1qrgygg.1tnzzz81amxu88N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <uumjcp$odfm$1@dont-email.me>
<uumldn$or9g$1@dont-email.me> <uumu9r$r0ej$1@dont-email.me>
<uv506s$3d51p$4@news.mixmin.net> <uv68ql$10u5v$3@dont-email.me>
<uv7lcq$3kigb$3@news.mixmin.net> <uv7mg1$1fotp$1@dont-email.me>
<uva7r6$3r9oj$4@news.mixmin.net> <uvaa8i$252jr$3@dont-email.me>
<l7t2ojFnr72U1@mid.individual.net> <uvd7au$2kc8$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uve9ps$32uup$2@dont-email.me> <uvfo2f$9dr7$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uvftd1$3gk7l$1@dont-email.me> <uvi4kf$f8km$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uvia1j$3imo$2@dont-email.me> <uvl18p$mdmk$4@news.mixmin.net>
 by: Alan - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 18:37 UTC

On 2024-04-15 22:10, Anonymous wrote:

>>> That Russia can outproduce the United States in weaponry at the very
>>> least.
>>
>> Simply wrong, doofus.
>
> The industrial base of the United States has been hollowed out, and we
> aren't producing more because we CAN'T. Stop being a retard.
>
> https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2024/02/06/supplier-bottlenecks-threaten-us-navy-effort-to-grow-arms-stockpiles/

You still haven't provided a single source that supports your contention
that Russia's manufacturing ability for weapons is any better than the US's.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvum5o$36huv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18491&group=comp.sys.mac.system#18491

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 23:02:48 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:02 UTC

Am 05.04.24 um 11:42 schrieb Arno Welzel:
> Tamborino, 2024-04-01 02:55:
>
>> This is the common misunderstanding with both RCS in general and Apple's
>> update in particular. RCS is not end-to-end encrypted.
>
> RCS *is* end-to-end encrypted. But this is not mandatory, so using
> unencrypted connections is possible. But the Google messaging app in
> Android will show you if the recipient has RCS and also if the
> connection is encrypted.
>

>> Yet, for conversations between Google Messages users, end-to-end encryption
>> is now enabled on your Android phone by default.
>> https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2024/03/30/new-apple-iphone-16-pro-max-and-ios-18-leak-googles-imessage-warning/
>>
>> So unlike iMessaging between iPhone users or Google Messaging between
>> Android users, or more importantly WhatsApping between iPhone and Android
>> users, RCS between iPhone and Android will not have that level of security.
>
> But this is not the fault of RCS.

Sure. It is Google's fault.
Secure communication is not possible with RCS and Apple does not want to
adopt such an inferior level of security for iOS to iOS-communication.
With RCS a MIM-attack is always possible. The NSA is already smiling ...

RCS is dead and more than redundant.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)