From: nospam.Jay.Harris@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Netmail Loops
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 05:42:21 +1300
 by: Jay Harris - Wed, 17 May 2023 16:42 UTC

Hi g00r00,

Had a situation recently where someone sent a netmail to a point address on my
system that used to exist but no longer does. Since it didn't match any of the
configured points it was routed to 21:* and ended up getting passed back &
forth between my system and the hub until the hub noticed & nuked it.

My fsxNet address is 21:3/110

$ ./mis poll route 21:3/110.10
Netmail addressed to 21:3/110.10 would route to 21:3/110.10 (Ogg's fsxNet
Point)

$ ./mis poll route 21:3/110.1
Netmail addressed to 21:3/110.1 would route to 21:3/100 (fsxNet)

$ ./mis poll route 21:3/110
Netmail addressed to 21:3/110 would route to 21:3/100 (fsxNet)

Would it be possible to have Mystic either drop or bounce a message back if it
receives a netmail addressed to its boss node address but the point doesn't
exist?

Jay

.... I don't know if I'm allergic to dogs, I've never been stung by one

Re: Netmail Loops

<4291229524@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1862&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1862

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Netmail Loops
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 01:35:20 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Sat, 20 May 2023 12:35 UTC

JH> Would it be possible to have Mystic either drop or bounce a message back
JH> if it receives a netmail addressed to its boss node address but the
JH> point doesn't exist?

Sure thing. I'll need to not forget about this this coming weekend and see if
I can set up a test. If you don't hear anything about it being fixed from me
in the next week or so please feel free to nudge me lol

.... A Mystic asking for a hot-dog: "Make me one with everything"

Re: Netmail Loops

<4019020288@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1864&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1864

From: nospam.Jay.Harris@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 20:52:00 +1300
 by: Jay Harris - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 07:52 UTC

On 21 May 2023, g00r00 said the following...
g0> Sure thing. I'll need to not forget about this this coming weekend and
g0> see if I can set up a test. If you don't hear anything about it being
g0> fixed from me in the next week or so please feel free to nudge me lol

I know you're busy, but I figured I'd nudge you anyway... ;)

Jay

.... I hate funerals that are at 9am. I'm not really a mourning person