From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: MakeNL
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 15:28:48 +1300
 by: Mike Dippel - Sat, 13 May 2023 02:28 UTC

I have been using Platinum Express for several years to create the nodelist for
HobbyNet. I may be forced to switch control over to my Mystic system soon.

Just wondering, how do I create and edit my nodelist with Mystic. Tried the
wiki, but couldn't find anything. I want to do weekly updates to it to add any
new nodes that join.

Mike Dippel

Re: MakeNL

<3384937638@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1855&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1855

From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: MakeNL
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 17:18:26 +1300
 by: Mike Dippel - Sat, 13 May 2023 04:18 UTC

On 13 May 2023, Al said the following...
Al> > Just wondering, how do I create and edit my nodelist with Mystic. Tried
Al> > wiki, but couldn't find anything. I want to do weekly updates to it to
Al> > any new nodes that join.
Al>
Al> I use makenl to maintain the net 153 nodelist segment. That would work
Al> fine also for an othernet.
Al>
Al> This directory ..
Al>
Al> https://sourceforge.net/projects/makenl/files/makenl/3.5.0/
Al>
Al> contains versions for dos, windows, os2 and source to build on linux.

Thanks much! I copied my makectl file over to this system and running that
executable made an updated copy of my nodelist.

Works like a charm.

Mike Dippel

MakeNL

<2772020353@f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1856&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1856

From: nospam.Al@f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Al)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 13:22:10 +1300
 by: Al - Sat, 13 May 2023 00:22 UTC

> Just wondering, how do I create and edit my nodelist with Mystic. Tried the
> wiki, but couldn't find anything. I want to do weekly updates to it to add
> any new nodes that join.

I use makenl to maintain the net 153 nodelist segment. That would work fine
also for an othernet.

This directory ..

https://sourceforge.net/projects/makenl/files/makenl/3.5.0/

contains versions for dos, windows, os2 and source to build on linux.

Re: MakeNL

<2688005642@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1860&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1860

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 01:32:44 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Sat, 20 May 2023 12:32 UTC

MD> I have been using Platinum Express for several years to create the
MD> nodelist for HobbyNet. I may be forced to switch control over to my
MD> Mystic system soon.
MD>
MD> Just wondering, how do I create and edit my nodelist with Mystic. Tried
MD> the wiki, but couldn't find anything. I want to do weekly updates to it
MD> to add any new nodes that join.

I don't have any feature in Mystic to export a nodelist, so that would be
something I would need to create for you, or you would have to use a third
party utility to do that.

.... No honey, I can't eat with the family. My computer gets lonely!