You will not censor me through bug terrorism. -- James Troup

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1

SubjectAuthor
* Signing into node 2 instead of node 1ogg
+* Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1Jay Harris
|`- Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1ogg
`- Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1Kerr Avon

1
Signing into node 2 instead of node 1

<3849226421@f1.n106.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1883&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1883

From: nospam.ogg@f1.n106.z1.fidonet.org (ogg)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:00:03 +1300
 by: ogg - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:00 UTC

For the last few weeks, when I get logged in on my bbs, I get sent to
node 2 instead of node 1. I noticed it by reviewing my log files and
noticed that I had a log entry for node2 instead of the normal node1.
This happened quite a few weeks after upgrading to Mystic A1.12 A49
compiled 2023/04/30 on win 11 x64. This happens with no one else logged in.
If someone logs in while I'm on, the log shows node3 for them.

While I'm logged in, when I check for who's on, it shows node 1 "waiting for
call" with me logged on node 2. If I do a "mystic -N1 -L", I get a "BUSY"
result. (I know I'm not supposed to do that but...)

In trying to determine what's going on, I looked at:
1. Ran multiple "mis poll killbusy all" with no change.
2. Were there any duplicate mis entries? NO
3. Was there anything running on node 1? NOT THAT I COULD FIND.
4. I did shutdown mis multiple times with no change.
5. I reconfigured the number of nodes, both total and each server.
6. I've been all over the wiki with no luck.

Since it happened well after the upgrade, I don't think it was the upgrade.
I must have done something to create the issue, I'm just out of ideas. Can
anyone offer any suggestions for me to check out?

Thanks for any help!

ogg
Sysop, Altair IV BBS
altairiv.ddns.net:2323

.... I am NOT a tagline THIEF. I am a tagline CONSERVATIONIST.

Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1

<1831001726@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1884&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1884

From: nospam.Jay.Harris@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 05:24:00 +1300
 by: Jay Harris - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 16:24 UTC

On 14 Jul 2023, ogg said the following...

og> For the last few weeks, when I get logged in on my bbs, I get sent to
og> node 2 instead of node 1.

og> While I'm logged in, when I check for who's on, it shows node 1 "waiting
og> for call" with me logged on node 2. If I do a "mystic -N1 -L", I get a
og> "BUSY" result.

Try shutting down MIS and then deleting the file nodeinfo.now from the
mystic\semaphore directory.

Jay

.... Police were called to a daycare centre where a child was resisting a rest

Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1

<2848366103@f1.n106.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1885&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1885

From: nospam.ogg@f1.n106.z1.fidonet.org (ogg)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 07:42:51 +1300
 by: ogg - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 18:42 UTC

JH> Try shutting down MIS and then deleting the file nodeinfo.now from the
JH> mystic\semaphore directory.
JH>
JH>
JH> Jay

Should have mentioned that in the original post I did that as well. Thanks for
the input!

ogg
Sysop, Altair IV BBS
altairiv.ddns.net:2323

.... When all else fails, read the instructions

Re: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1

<u8vpne$3pe$2@news.bbs.nz>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1886&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1886

From: avon@bbs.nz.invalid (Kerr Avon)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 15:55:26 +1200 (NZST)
 by: Kerr Avon - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 03:55 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:00:03 +1300, ogg wrote:

> Since it happened well after the upgrade, I don't think it was the
> upgrade. I must have done something to create the issue, I'm just out of
> ideas. Can anyone offer any suggestions for me to check out?

Hi there.

Run nodespy and try killing the ghost node. That should remove it.

--
Agency News | news.bbs.nz