From: nospam.ogg@f1.n106.z1.fidonet.org (ogg)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 18:27:35 +1300
 by: ogg - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 05:27 UTC

KA> Run nodespy and try killing the ghost node. That should remove it.
KA>
KA> --
KA> Agency News | news.bbs.nz

Thanks Avon!

I ran nodespy and none of the 4 nodes were in use so no kill ghost node
option was available.

Additional info, when I run the /W (who's online), I see that I'm on node 2
with nobody on the others. I'm thinking of downgrading to A48 and seeing if
the issue goes away.

I'll keep trying!

ogg
Sysop, Altair IV BBS
altairiv.ddns.net:2323

.... Kids: They're not sleeping, they're recharging!

Signing into node 2 instead of node 1

<1689776812@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1892&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1892

From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 09:00:06 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 20:00 UTC

Hello ogg,

On Sun Jul 16 2023 18:27:34, you wrote to Kerr Avon:

og> I ran nodespy and none of the 4 nodes were in use so no kill ghost
og> node option was available.

og> Additional info, when I run the /W (who's online), I see that I'm on
og> node 2 with nobody on the others. I'm thinking of downgrading to A48
og> and seeing if the issue goes away.

og> I'll keep trying!

FYI, I just tested this on my Mystic install, and I'm currently sitting on the
node screen seeing myself logged into node 1. I'm currently using: Mystic BBS
v1.12 A49 Linux/64 Compiled 2023/03/14 06:42:21.

Then I noticed you were using a newer version, so I upgraded to the latest:
Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 Linux/64 Compiled 2023/04/30 11:57:00, and I get the same
results. However, I see you're using the Windows 64bit version, so that's the
only clear difference I see.

Before any questions, I telnetted over, and noticed your bot checker; after you
hit escape twice, it says: "Detecting terminal emulation: |!botcheck1_2 TE
detected." = I'm guessing there's a couple typos there, as it seems you're
trying to run something called "botcheck1_2", but using the wrong pipe code or
missing something there, and you need a pipe before TE in order for that second
pipe code to actually work. Just with that one line, I'm going to take a wild
stab at you may have a typo somewhere that's causing this. :)

Bear with me, I haven't run Mystic on Windows in over a decade..

How are you running the server (ie: what command line are you using)?

Do you have any events (see event editor) setup to run on node 1? If so, you
may want to try changing those to your highest node number.. and don't forget
to restart the mystic server after any changes.

Do you have a local login ("mystic -l" or something similar) running in the
background? Could take a look at your task manager and see if anything odd is
running besides one instance of the mystic server itself.

Regards,
Nick

.... "Take my advice, I don't use it anyway."