19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

SubjectAuthor
* Update diarrhea again AllanH?al
+- Re: Astrophysicist: Black Holes Actually Consume EntropyNic
+- Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?Bucky Breeder
`* Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?William Stickers
 +* Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?John C.
 |+* Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?John C.
 ||+* Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?Bucky Breeder ~*~
 |||`- Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?William Stickers
 ||`- Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?William Stickers
 |`* Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?Bucky Breeder ~!~
 | `- Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?William Stickers
 `* Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?occam
  `- Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?William Stickers

1
Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<ujibvb$rish$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18882&group=alt.comp.freeware#18882

From: al@nospam.org (al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Update diarrhea again AllanH?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:39:55 -0500
 by: al - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:39 UTC

Sure looks like it!

Re: Astrophysicist: Black Holes Actually Consume Entropy

<fU27N.60727$yvY5.1723@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18883&group=alt.comp.freeware#18883

Subject: Re: Astrophysicist: Black Holes Actually Consume Entropy
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
From: Nic@none.invalid (Nic)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:11:23 -0500
 by: Nic - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:11 UTC

On 11/21/23 8:39 AM, al wrote:

https://www.sciencealert.com/astrophysicist-black-holes-actually-consume-entropy?utm_source=ScienceAlert+-+Daily+Email+Updates&utm_campaign=341ee48f68-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fe5632fb09-341ee48f68-366012613

Entropy is one of those fearsomely deep concepts that form the core of
entire fields of physics (in this case, thermodynamics
<https://www.sciencealert.com/thermodynamics>) that is unfortunately so
mathematical that it's difficult to explain in plain language. But we
will give it a try.

Whenever I see the word entropy, I like to replace it with the phrase
"counting the number of ways that I can rearrange a scenario while
leaving it largely the same." That's a bit of a mouthful, I agree, and
so entropy will have to do.

You get up on weekend morning and decide to finally tackle the
monumental task of cleaning your bedroom.

You pick up, clean, fold, and put away your clothes. You straighten your
sheets. You fluff your pillows. You organize your underwear drawer.

After hours of effort you stand back to admire your handiwork, but
already you can feel the sense of spooling unease in your stomach.
Before long, you just know it will be messy again.

You instinctively know this because there is but one singular way to
have a perfectly orderly room, with a place for everything and
everything in its place.

There is only one way to have this precise scenario. Since you're now
familiar with the word, you can feel free to use it: you might say that
a perfectly clean room has very low entropy.

Let's introduce some disorder. You take one unpaired sock and toss it in
your room. It is now messy.

And you can place a quantifiable measure on this messiness. Your lonely
sock can be on the floor. It can be on the bed. It can be sticking half
out of a drawer.

There are a number of ways that you can rearrange this scenario – the
appearance of one untidy sock in your room – while keeping the general
picture the same. The entropy is higher.

And then your dog, or your kids, or your dog and kids come crashing into
the room. Chaos ensues.

Nothing is where it's supposed to be, and there are almost and finite
number of ways to achieve the same level of disarray.

The entropy <https://web.physics.ucsb.edu/~gary/BH,Entropy,Info.pdf>
and the frustration – is very high indeed.

Physicists like using entropy because it also serves as a handy way to
encode the information in a system.

So by measuring the entropy – a quantity physicists are very comfortable
with handling – they can also get a grip on the amount of information in
a system.

This applies to any system in the universe, like black holes
<https://www.sciencealert.com/black-holes>.

Beginning in 1981 physicist Jacob Bekenstein – whose work came just shy
of making us refer to Bekenstein radiation – discovered two remarkable,
unintuitive facts about black holes and their event horizons.

One, the volume contained within black holes represents the absolute
greatest amount of entropy that any similarly sized volume in the
universe can have.

Put another way, black holes are spheres of maximum entropy
<https://www.universetoday.com/163305/gluttonous-black-holes-eat-faster-than-thought-does-that-explain-quasars/>.
Let that sink in.

No matter how messy your room gets, no matter how much you deliberately
or inadvertently increase its entropy, you can never, ever beat the
entropy of a room-sized black hole
<https://www.sciencealert.com/black-holes>. That fact should immediately
raise some troubling but intriguing questions.

Of all of the wonderful creations in the universe, why did nature choose
black holes to contain the most entropy? Is this a mere coincidence, or
is this teaching us something valuable about the connection between
quantum mechanics, gravity, and information?

That sense of twinned unease and excitement should rachet up when you
learn the second fact about black holes that Bekenstein discovered. When
you add information to a black hole, it gets larger
<https://www.universetoday.com/163086/a-black-hole-nibbles-on-a-star-every-22-days-slowly-consuming-it/>.

That in and of itself is not surprising, but black holes – and only
black holes – grow in such a way that their surface areas, not their
volumes, grow in proportion to the amount of new information passing
into them.

If you take any other system in the universe – a star consuming a
planet, you consuming s cheeseburger – the entropy and the information
of the combined system go up. And so does the volume (both for the star
and for you).

And the volume goes up proportionally to the amount of information increase.

But black holes, for some reason that we still do not yet fathom, defy
this common-sense intuitive picture.

/Paul M. Sutter is a theoretical cosmologist and award-winning science
communicator. He's a research professor at the Institute for Advanced
Computational Science at Stony Brook University and a guest researcher
at the Center for Computational Astrophysics with the Flatiron Institute
in New York City./

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<XnsB0C362316F498Ohmmmmmmm@85.12.62.254>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18885&group=alt.comp.freeware#18885

Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:39:11 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:39 UTC

al <al@nospam.org> posted this via news:ujibvb$rish$1@dont-email.me:

> Sure looks like it!

Updates for the updates, followed by John C.'s butt-plug updates...

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<Tv47N.591391$96D1.526497@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18886&group=alt.comp.freeware#18886

Followup: Followup-To: alt.hebetudinous.addlepated.twit.spooge.whine-simper-bleat
From: bill.stickers@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 16:01:55 -0000
 by: William Stickers - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 16:01 UTC

al wrote:

> Sure looks like it!

Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<ujm715$1htbl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18894&group=alt.comp.freeware#18894

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:40:02 -0800
 by: John C. - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 00:40 UTC

William Stickers wrote:
> al wrote:
>>
>> Sure looks like it!
>
> Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.

Al is a troll. He just morphed his email address from .net to .org so he
could slip through filters. Not only that, but he changed the

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So I don't see them, I filter out:
-crossposts (sent to multiple newsgroups) at a time
-posts sent via Google Groups*
-Uzoreto (AKA "Vipernews", another source of spam) posts
-trolls (egs. Mick Finnlay, "Bucky Breeder" and his many sock puppets,
etc.)

If you do the same, it will make the group more readable for you.

*If you're using Google Groups, you'll be unseen by most regulars in
this newsgroup. Eternal-September no longer propagates posts from this
source to this newsgroup because of large amounts of spam being sent
through it. You should use another free newsfeed like this one instead:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<ujncoa$1qkfk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18895&group=alt.comp.freeware#18895

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 03:23:50 -0800
 by: John C. - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 11:23 UTC

John C. wrote:
> William Stickers wrote:
>> al wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure looks like it!
>>
>> Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.
>
> Al is a troll. He just morphed his email address from .net to .org so he
> could slip through filters. Not only that, but he changed the

Sorry that message was incomplete. Pushed the send button too soon. Only
Al's email address changed. And that might have been a simple typo on
his part, to be fair. I've made that exact mistake myself when manually
typing in my really-for-real (and not shared with the public) email address.

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So I don't see them, I filter out:
-crossposts (sent to multiple newsgroups) at a time
-posts sent via Google Groups*
-Uzoreto (AKA "Vipernews", another source of spam) posts
-trolls (egs. Mick Finnlay, "Bucky Breeder" and his many sock puppets,
etc.)

If you do the same, it will make the group more readable for you.

*If you're using Google Groups, you'll be unseen by most regulars in
this newsgroup. Eternal-September no longer propagates posts from this
source to this newsgroup because of large amounts of spam being sent
through it. You should use another free newsfeed like this one instead:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<ks96inF7j3vU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18896&group=alt.comp.freeware#18896

From: occam@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 15:40:24 +0100
 by: occam - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 14:40 UTC

On 21/11/2023 17:01, William Stickers wrote:
> al wrote:
>>
>> Sure looks like it!
>
> Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.

Aside: I remember a Bill Stickers who was prosecuted in the 70s and 80s
for defacing public walls. Are you any relation?

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<XnsB0C5625D85A2AOhmmmmmmm@85.12.62.219>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18897&group=alt.comp.freeware#18897

Followup: alt.hebetudinous.addlepated.twit.spooge.whine-simper-bleat
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder ~!~)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 15:40:13 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder ~!~ - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 15:40 UTC

John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com>, the butthole snorkler posted this:

> William Stickers wrote:
>> al wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure looks like it!
>>
>> Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.
>
> Al is a troll. He just morphed his email address from .net to .org so he
> could slip through filters. Not only that, but he changed the

John C. is a troll. He nym-shyfts to make it appear like his has allies.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

IN THE NEWS TODAY:

Palestinian Authority Warns That Gaza Hospitals Running Dangerously Low On
Ammunition

Hamas Offers To Release Hostages If Israel Agrees To Not Exist

California Proposes Another Minimum Wage Increase So People Can Afford
Products Made More Expensive By Previous Minimum Wage Increase

Today's illegal immigrant word of the day: bodywash

"Democrats spoke on TV today but no bodywash them."

Bidenomics = The rising cost of voting stupid

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<XnsB0C562E828216Ohmmmmmmm@85.12.62.219>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18898&group=alt.comp.freeware#18898

Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder ~*~)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 15:43:25 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder ~*~ - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 15:43 UTC

John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com>, the butthole snorkler posted this:

> Sorry that message was incomplete. Pushed the send button too soon
> because my butt-plug shocked me.

John C. is a troll. He nym-shyfts to make it appear like his has allies.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

IN THE NEWS TODAY:

Palestinian Authority Warns That Gaza Hospitals Running Dangerously Low On
Ammunition

Hamas Offers To Release Hostages If Israel Agrees To Not Exist

California Proposes Another Minimum Wage Increase So People Can Afford
Products Made More Expensive By Previous Minimum Wage Increase

Today's illegal immigrant word of the day: bodywash

"Democrats spoke on TV today but no bodywash them."

Bidenomics = The rising cost of voting stupid

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<xSP7N.816560$OPFb.193358@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18903&group=alt.comp.freeware#18903

From: bill.stickers@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:54:38 -0000
 by: William Stickers - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:54 UTC

John C. wrote:

> John C. wrote:
> > William Stickers wrote:

> >> Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.
> >
> > Al is a troll. He just morphed his email address from .net to .org so he
> > could slip through filters. Not only that, but he changed the
>
> Sorry that message was incomplete. Pushed the send button too soon. Only
> Al's email address changed. And that might have been a simple typo on
> his part, to be fair. I've made that exact mistake myself when manually
> typing in my really-for-real (and not shared with the public) email address.

Well one thing is certain, he's an idiot that doesn't know how to filter on the
word 'Update'.

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<0TP7N.816561$OPFb.264358@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18904&group=alt.comp.freeware#18904

From: bill.stickers@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:55:09 -0000
 by: William Stickers - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:55 UTC

occam wrote:

> On 21/11/2023 17:01, William Stickers wrote:
> > al wrote:
> >>
> >> Sure looks like it!
> >
> > Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.
>
> Aside: I remember a Bill Stickers who was prosecuted in the 70s and 80s
> for defacing public walls. Are you any relation?

It wasn't me, guv. Some big boys did it and ran away, leaving me to carry the
can. It's a fit up. I woz innocent, innit.

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<ZTP7N.816562$OPFb.435954@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18905&group=alt.comp.freeware#18905

From: bill.stickers@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:56:10 -0000
 by: William Stickers - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:56 UTC

Bucky Breeder ~*~ wrote:

> John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com>, the butthole snorkler posted this:
>
> > Sorry that message was incomplete. Pushed the send button too soon
> > because my butt-plug shocked me.
>
> John C. is a troll. He nym-shyfts to make it appear like his has allies.

Is all that dry humping making your dick sore, poor love sick puppy?

Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?

<sUP7N.816563$OPFb.511255@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18906&group=alt.comp.freeware#18906

From: bill.stickers@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:56:41 -0000

Bucky Breeder ~!~ wrote:

> John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com>, the butthole snorkler posted this:
>
> > William Stickers wrote:

> >> Sure looks like you don't know how to use your filter, you whiney git.
> >
> > Al is a troll. He just morphed his email address from .net to .org so he
> > could slip through filters. Not only that, but he changed the
>
> John C. is a troll. He nym-shyfts to make it appear like his has allies.

"I recommend everyone filter John C".
-Bucktooth Bleater. MID <XnsB0C361E3ADABBOhmmmmmmm@85.12.62.254>

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Re: Update diarrhea again AllanH?