19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Tweakeze

SubjectAuthor
* TweakezeAllanH
`* Re: TweakezeJohn C.
 `* Re: TweakezeAllanH
  `* Re: TweakezeAllanH
   `* Re: TweakezeJohn C.
    +- Re: Tweakezeal
    `- Re: Tweakezeal

1
Tweakeze

<uk1v3p$21ul9$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18949&group=alt.comp.freeware#18949

From: nospam@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Tweakeze
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 05:38:33 -0600
 by: AllanH - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 11:38 UTC

From SnapFiles:

"Tweakeze is a pro-active tool to monitor changes to your file system
and Windows registry in order to prevent and remove undesired changes.

It comes with several pre-configured monitors (Watchers) that will
monitor and clean common system areas such as browser cache, history and
privacy traces, temporary system data and application specific traces.

The built-in Watchers should be sufficient to perform the same privacy
cleaning as offered by most other applications of this kind. Tweakeze
however takes it a step further by allowing you to create your own
Watchers based on different triggers (e.g. process, application,
registry change etc.), file types, file age and other details. The
Watchers can be configure to either delete, move or copy files.

Other features include secure data deletion and several system tweaks."

Portable Installer available
Updated to Version 2.17.1777

Home Page
https://tweakeze.com/

Downloads/Version History
https://tweakeze.com/download.php

Re: Tweakeze

<uk23rf$3p15l$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18952&group=alt.comp.freeware#18952

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: Tweakeze
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 04:59:26 -0800
 by: John C. - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 12:59 UTC

AllanH wrote:
> From SnapFiles:
>
> "Tweakeze is a pro-active tool to monitor changes to your file system
> and Windows registry in order to prevent and remove undesired changes.
>
> It comes with several pre-configured monitors (Watchers) that will
> monitor and clean common system areas such as browser cache, history and
> privacy traces, temporary system data and application specific traces.
>
> The built-in Watchers should be sufficient to perform the same privacy
> cleaning as offered by most other applications of this kind. Tweakeze
> however takes it a step further by allowing you to create your own
> Watchers based on different triggers (e.g. process, application,
> registry change etc.), file types, file age and other details. The
> Watchers can be configure to either delete, move or copy files.
>
> Other features include secure data deletion and several system tweaks."
>
> Portable Installer available
> Updated to Version 2.17.1777
>
> Home Page
> https://tweakeze.com/
>
> Downloads/Version History
> https://tweakeze.com/download.php

The home page says that the free version includes "Automatic update
checks". Allan, do you know if there's an option to turn off update
checks? IMO, programs that update automatically (like Windows 10 and 11
for instance) should be avoided whenever possible.

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So I don't see them, I filter out:
-crossposts (sent to multiple newsgroups) at a time
-posts sent via Google Groups*
-Uzoreto (AKA "Vipernews", another source of spam) posts
-trolls (egs. Mick Finnlay, the stalker "Bucky Breeder" and his many
sock puppets, etc.)

If you do the same, it will make the group more readable for you.

*If you're using Google Groups, you'll be unseen by most regulars in
this newsgroup. Eternal-September no longer propagates posts from this
source to this newsgroup because of large amounts of spam being sent
through it. You should use another free newsfeed like this one instead:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

Re: Tweakeze

<uk264f$21pv1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18953&group=alt.comp.freeware#18953

From: nospam@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 07:38:23 -0600
 by: AllanH - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:38 UTC

On 11/27/2023 6:59 AM, John C. wrote:
> AllanH wrote:
>> From SnapFiles:
>>
>> "Tweakeze is a pro-active tool to monitor changes to your file system
>> and Windows registry in order to prevent and remove undesired changes.
>>
>> It comes with several pre-configured monitors (Watchers) that will
>> monitor and clean common system areas such as browser cache, history and
>> privacy traces, temporary system data and application specific traces.
>>
>> The built-in Watchers should be sufficient to perform the same privacy
>> cleaning as offered by most other applications of this kind. Tweakeze
>> however takes it a step further by allowing you to create your own
>> Watchers based on different triggers (e.g. process, application,
>> registry change etc.), file types, file age and other details. The
>> Watchers can be configure to either delete, move or copy files.
>>
>> Other features include secure data deletion and several system tweaks."
>>
>> Portable Installer available
>> Updated to Version 2.17.1777
>>
>> Home Page
>> https://tweakeze.com/
>>
>> Downloads/Version History
>> https://tweakeze.com/download.php
>
> The home page says that the free version includes "Automatic update
> checks". Allan, do you know if there's an option to turn off update
> checks? IMO, programs that update automatically (like Windows 10 and 11
> for instance) should be avoided whenever possible.

I don't know. It was interesting to me, but I haven't tried it yet.

Re: Tweakeze

<uk2ri3$225j4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18957&group=alt.comp.freeware#18957

From: nospam@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:44:03 -0600
 by: AllanH - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:44 UTC

On 11/27/2023 7:38 AM, AllanH wrote:
> On 11/27/2023 6:59 AM, John C. wrote:
>> AllanH wrote:
>>>  From SnapFiles:
>>>
>>> "Tweakeze is a pro-active tool to monitor changes to your file system
>>> and Windows registry in order to prevent and remove undesired changes.
>>>
>>> It comes with several pre-configured monitors (Watchers) that will
>>> monitor and clean common system areas such as browser cache, history and
>>> privacy traces, temporary system data and application specific traces.
>>>
>>> The built-in Watchers should be sufficient to perform the same privacy
>>> cleaning as offered by most other applications of this kind. Tweakeze
>>> however takes it a step further by allowing you to create your own
>>> Watchers based on different triggers (e.g. process, application,
>>> registry change etc.), file types, file age and other details. The
>>> Watchers can be configure to either delete, move or copy files.
>>>
>>> Other features include secure data deletion and several system tweaks."
>>>
>>> Portable Installer available
>>> Updated to Version 2.17.1777
>>>
>>> Home Page
>>> https://tweakeze.com/
>>>
>>> Downloads/Version History
>>> https://tweakeze.com/download.php
>>
>> The home page says that the free version includes "Automatic update
>> checks". Allan, do you know if there's an option to turn off update
>> checks? IMO, programs that update automatically (like Windows 10 and 11
>> for instance) should be avoided whenever possible.
>>

> I don't know. It was interesting to me, but I haven't tried it yet.

I tried it, and I'll pass on it.
I didn't see a way to turn off automatic update checks.
An option to manually check for updates was only available for the
Payware version.
At every startup, a nag screen for feedback is displayed:
"What are you looking for Tweakeze to do for you?" and
"What type of user are you?", along with multiple choice answers.
An email address was required as well.

Re: Tweakeze

<uk4obc$9eub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18962&group=alt.comp.freeware#18962

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 05:01:32 -0800
 by: John C. - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:01 UTC

AllanH wrote:
> On 11/27/2023 7:38 AM, AllanH wrote:

>>> The home page says that the free version includes "Automatic update
>>> checks". Allan, do you know if there's an option to turn off update
>>> checks? IMO, programs that update automatically (like Windows 10 and 11
>>> for instance) should be avoided whenever possible.
>>>

>> I don't know. It was interesting to me, but I haven't tried it yet.
>>

> I tried it, and I'll pass on it.
> I didn't see a way to turn off automatic update checks.
> An option to manually check for updates was only available for the
> Payware version.
> At every startup, a nag screen for feedback is displayed:
> "What are you looking for Tweakeze to do for you?" and
> "What type of user are you?", along with multiple choice answers.
> An email address was required as well.

Thanks for doing that, Allan. I'll pass on the program myself. It's a
good premise for a program, but their implementation (as you found out)
apparently isn't acceptable.

--
John C. BS206. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So I don't see them, I filter out:
-crossposts (sent to multiple newsgroups) at a time
-posts sent via Google Groups*
-Uzoreto (AKA "Vipernews", another source of spam) posts
-trolls (egs. Mick Finnlay, the foul-mouthed stalker "Bucky Breeder"
and his many sock puppets, etc.)

Doint the same will make the group more readable for you.

*Eternal-September (eternal-september.org) no longer shows posts from
Google Groups to this newsgroup due to large amounts of spam being sent
through it.

Re: Tweakeze

<uk73k6$pbrn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18976&group=alt.comp.freeware#18976

From: al@nospam.org (al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 05:26:14 -0500
 by: al - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 10:26 UTC

On 11/28/2023 8:01 AM, John C. wrote:
> AllanH wrote:

>>> I don't know. It was interesting to me, but I haven't tried it yet.
>>>

>> I tried it, and I'll pass on it.
>> I didn't see a way to turn off automatic update checks.
>> An option to manually check for updates was only available for the
>> Payware version.
>> At every startup, a nag screen for feedback is displayed:
>> "What are you looking for Tweakeze to do for you?" and
>> "What type of user are you?", along with multiple choice answers.
>> An email address was required as well.
>
> Thanks for doing that, Allan. I'll pass on the program myself. It's a
> good premise for a program, but their implementation (as you found out)
> apparently isn't acceptable.

Does ANYONE care if John C. passes on the prpgram?

Re: Tweakeze

<uk73kk$pdb7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=18977&group=alt.comp.freeware#18977