A person with one watch knows what time it is; a person with two watches is never sure. Proverb

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Message Index Listing

SubjectAuthor
* Message Index ListingChristian Sacks
+* Re: Message Index ListingPaul Hayton
|`- Re: Message Index ListingChristian Sacks
`* Message Index ListingNicholas Boel
 `* Re: Message Index ListingChristian Sacks
  `- Message Index ListingNicholas Boel

1
Message Index Listing

<3978104449@f5.n250.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1910&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1910

From: nospam.Christian.Sacks@f5.n250.z2.fidonet.org (Christian Sacks)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Message Index Listing
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 09:52:52 +1300
 by: Christian Sacks - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 20:52 UTC

Hey y'all,

When you run the message index lister and select a message base, you are
presented with a list of messages in that base... what is the ini file or
prompt number to change how that message list is?

I have looked in ansimidx.ini and prompts to see if I can find where to make
edits, but for the life of me I can't see where to change it. I'm trying to
make a 132x37 list so expanding the width of each column or moving a column
over a bit. I've managed to do the actual message base list but when you go
into a base it's that screen I have trouble finding the file to edit for it's
layout.

Please can someone put me out of my misery and help me find this elusive file?
=)
Thanks in advance!

.... Confucius say: "Man who runs behind car gets exhausted"

Re: Message Index Listing

<3470961315@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1912&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1912

From: nospam.Paul.Hayton@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org (Paul Hayton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Message Index Listing
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 15:40:13 +1300
 by: Paul Hayton - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 02:40 UTC

On 16 Aug 2023 at 09:52a, Christian Sacks pondered and said...
CS> When you run the message index lister and select a message base, you are
CS> presented with a list of messages in that base... what is the ini file or
CS> prompt number to change how that message list is?

Mmm have a look in text or data dir and see if you can find msg_index.ini I
*think* that may be the file you're after?

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going'
avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

Re: Message Index Listing

<3654219303@f5.n250.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1913&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1913

From: nospam.Christian.Sacks@f5.n250.z2.fidonet.org (Christian Sacks)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:55:26 +1300
 by: Christian Sacks - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 19:55 UTC

On 17 Aug 2023, Paul Hayton said the following...
PH> Mmm have a look in text or data dir and see if you can find
PH> msg_index.ini I *think* that may be the file you're after?

I think I did try adjusting that one, but became under the impression that was
for the listing of bases rather than listing of messages inside a base, but I
could be wrong. Will have another look at that and see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestion =)

.... Everyone smiles in the same language.

Message Index Listing

<654783567@f701.n154.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1918&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1918

From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f701.n154.z1.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 16:58:40 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 03:58 UTC

On 16 Aug 2023, Christian Sacks said the following...
CS> When you run the message index lister and select a message base, you are
CS> presented with a list of messages in that base... what is the ini file or
CS> prompt number to change how that message list is?

Are you referring to ansimlst.ans?

CS> I have looked in ansimidx.ini and prompts to see if I can find where to
CS> make edits, but for the life of me I can't see where to change it. I'm
CS> trying to make a 132x37 list so expanding the width of each column or
CS> moving a column over a bit. I've managed to do the actual message base
CS> list but when you go into a base it's that screen I have trouble finding
CS> the file to edit for it's layout.

If the file I mentioned is the one you're looking for, I would guess you would
just have to create one called ansimlst.132x36.ans or whatever the proper
filenames are for widescreen ansi support in Mystic. My mystic system doesn't
seem to have an .ini file for that one, though. So g00r00 may not have
converted that one into a template that supports .ini files yet (if I remember
right, he had to do each one separately).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Nick

Re: Message Index Listing

<3377365778@f5.n250.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1921&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1921

From: nospam.Christian.Sacks@f5.n250.z2.fidonet.org (Christian Sacks)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 09:36:17 +1300
 by: Christian Sacks - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 20:36 UTC

On 16 Aug 2023, Nicholas Boel said the following...
NB> Are you referring to ansimlst.ans?
NB>
NB> If the file I mentioned is the one you're looking for, I would guess you
NB> would just have to create one called ansimlst.132x36.ans or whatever the
NB> proper filenames are for widescreen ansi support in Mystic. My mystic
NB> system doesn't seem to have an .ini file for that one, though. So g00r00
NB> may not have converted that one into a template that supports .ini files
NB> yet (if I remember right, he had to do each one separately).

Hi Nicholas, thanks but no this is the layout for the header/footer and just
has a !1 and !2 as a place holder for the message list, I need to edit the
template file for the message list itself.

Thanks tho.

.... WOMAN.ZIP - Great program but no documentation

Message Index Listing

<3608789547@f701.n154.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1923&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1923

From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f701.n154.z1.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 18:22:35 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 05:22 UTC

On 18 Aug 2023, Christian Sacks said the following...
CS> Hi Nicholas, thanks but no this is the layout for the header/footer and
CS> just has a !1 and !2 as a place holder for the message list, I need to
CS> edit the template file for the message list itself.

Not sure if you read my whole message to you, but I stated that it doesn't look
like the ansi message lister (ansimlst.ans) has been changed/adapted to support
templates yet, like some of the other things - and that I believe g00r00 has to
do each one separately, one at a time.

Each of those old layouts had to be redone/recoded in order to support .ini
files, or templates. I don't think g00r00 is done with that yet.

Thanks tho.

Your welcome, and good luck.

Regards,
Nick