From: carol.shenkenberger@SHENKS.remove-tpz-this (Carol Shenkenberger)
Subject: Re: Connection Refused
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 11:08:00 -0500
 by: Carol Shenkenberger - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 16:08 UTC

To: Tracker1
Re: Re: Connection Refused
By: Tracker1 to Grease on Sat Mar 04 2023 07:30 pm

> Re: Re: Connection Refused
> By: Grease to Tracker1 on Wed Mar 01 2023 17:28:00
>
> Tr>> Aside: If you're on a residential (especially cable) internet
> Tr>> provider connection, many/most providers block common server ports
> Tr>> from inbound connections. Try a higher/alternate port, such as 2323
> Tr>> and see if that works instead... you can probably just change the
> Tr>> port forward in your router to listen on 2323 and forward to the
> Tr>> host on 23, so you don't need to change the BBS's config.
>
> Gr> Sorry to hijack. I may have this same problem. Port 23 is not letting
> Gr> traffic in. I know all routers are different, but in a generic way, how
> Gr> you do this?
>
> I'd just use 2323 for telnet, if that was my main interest. In your router,
> eparately.
>
> If you are comfortable with Linux, I'd suggest using a VPS host. This is wh
> grok, which will route an accessible IP to your internal system for use.
>

> --
> Michael J. Ryan
> +o roughneckbbs.com
> tracker1@roughneckbbs.com

I port forward port 24 to the bbs on port 24 by the internal IP of the bbs
machine. 1:275/100. 1:275/1000 is not available from outside, inside only and
'Shenk's Wandering Star' note (tiering with 4 others).

Works flawlessly.

xxcarol

---
■ Synchronet ■ SHENK'S EXPRESS, Virginia Beach, VA, shenks.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

computers / alt.bbs.synchronet / Re: Connection Refused