From: super.pooh@fluffyunderbelly.invalid (p-0 0-h the cat (coder))
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: NASA Has Beamed The First High-Def Video Across 19 Million Miles.
Featuring a Cat.
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:54:00 +0000
 by: p-0 0-h the cat (cod - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:54 UTC

This so could have been a celebration of Catness but alas

https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-has-beamed-the-first-high-def-video-across-19-million-miles-featuring-a-cat

WARNING! Features Cat Abuse video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvJtVOmFs5Q

Why do humans think the laser pointer thing is clever <sigh>

Reported!

p-0.0-h the cat, the number one influencer on the Usenet Social!
Live everyday like you're a really cool cat!
Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat
Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, BaStarD hacker, Resident evil,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

I mark any messages from trolls »Q« and 'Arlene' Holder as stinky

Re: NASA Has Beamed The First High-Def Video Across 19 Million Miles. Featuring a Cat.

<kuhha8F402pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19282&group=alt.comp.freeware#19282

From: MikeE@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Featuring a Cat.
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:05:10 -0800
 by: Mike Easter - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:05 UTC

p-0 0-h wrote:
> Why do humans think the laser pointer thing is clever

- Taters the tabby tho't it was fun
- Ttt's 'persona' is digitally WAY out there in 'space' and spread
over millions of miles
- did you notice that it is almost impossible to 'look at'/ appreciate
any of the rest of the still graphics in the vid while Taters is doing
his thing
- there is some kind of harmony or 'synchronicity' in the fact that
what is motivating Ttt is also what is motivating NASA/JPL to do their
comm thing: Ttt visible laser freq, nasajpl IR laser freq

--
Mike Easter

Re: NASA Has Beamed The First High-Def Video Across 19 Million Miles. Featuring a Cat.

<um24j6$s3i3$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19290&group=alt.comp.freeware#19290

From: super.pooh@fluffyunderbelly.invalid (p-0 0-h the cat (coder))
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Featuring a Cat.
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 19:44:00 +0000
 by: p-0 0-h the cat (cod - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 19:44 UTC

On 21/12/2023 01:05, Mike Easter wrote:
> p-0 0-h wrote:
>> Why do humans think the laser pointer thing is clever
>
>  - Taters the tabby tho't it was fun

Jeese, Hello, Fuck the cat. This is an amazing technical achievement. I
suppose I'll have to spoon feed you silly old sods as usual. The tech is
really cool. See below.

https://go.nasa.gov/47XDYom

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/deep-space-optical-communications-dsoc

See video below

https://www.nasa.gov/mission/deep-space-optical-communications-dsoc/

I dunno. I really don't. Sharpen up people!

YW

[...]

<kujlh0Fi2buU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19297&group=alt.comp.freeware#19297

From: MikeE@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Featuring a Cat.
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:29:19 -0800
 by: Mike Easter - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 20:29 UTC

p-0 0-h wrote:
> The tech is really cool.

Yeah; I first read about that and posted about it earlier in the Psyche
mission in mid Nov.

There is some other cool tech on that mission; ion propulsion.

> Psyche uses solar-powered hall effect thrusters for propulsion and
> orbital maneuvering, the first interplanetary spacecraft to use that
> technology.

Falcon Heavy launch. Better than the alternatives (.us .ru .eu) for
that size-class launch.

Starship in dev.

--
Mike Easter

computers / alt.comp.freeware / NASA Has Beamed The First High-Def Video Across 19 Million Miles. Featuring a Cat.