From: nospam.IB.Joe@f200.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Logon
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 11:43:27 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 22:43 UTC

I have just spent the better part of my morning looking for the logon screen
.... the one that's presented to users as they are logging in... I have one... I
see it... but for the life of me I cannot find it...

name of said file and the directory it's in... PLEASE!!!

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Re: Logon

<231340454@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1947&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1947

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Logon
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 13:55:59 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 00:55 UTC

IJ> I have just spent the better part of my morning looking for the logon
IJ> screen ... the one that's presented to users as they are logging in... I
IJ> have one... I see it... but for the life of me I cannot find it...

If you mean the Mystic logo, then its preuser.* file(s) in the default theme's
text directory:

<root mystic directory>\themes\default\text

This is set by the very first prompt in the prompt editor for the default
theme. You'll see in prompt #1 it has:

"|DFpreuser|Enter your user name:"

This tells Mystic to display "preuser" from the theme's text directory.

.... If at first you don't succeed, blame your parents!