From: denodster@gmail.com (Denodster)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Subject: Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 00:33:22 -0500
 by: Denodster - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 05:33 UTC

In article <sohuce$k5a$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some friends of mine and I have been playing Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 online
> > quite a bit lately. Ive established a server serving up an emulated
> > version of afp over ip via the Netatalk package. That is compatible with
> > 7.6.1 as long as you update file sharing to support afp and your mac is
> > connected to the internet.
> >
> > I would be interested in hosting a larger game some time, say 10 people on
> > a Saturday. I've seen Spaceward Ho mentioned here, so I wanted to ask if
> > any spaceward ho players would be interested in joining?
> >

> That sounds awesome but let’s shoot for maybe the spring!

Aww shoot, I got caught up in life and didn't see this. I'm trying to move
right now, so maybe I can get organized and try to start this back up
after I get moved.

Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?

<thlt1c$384qf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=198&group=comp.sys.mac.vintage#198

From: no_email@invalid.invalid (Oregonian Haruspex)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:36:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:drIaakpK3QNZ6x4PGiVWHTcGuLI=
 by: Oregonian Haruspex - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:36 UTC

Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <sohuce$k5a$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
> <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Some friends of mine and I have been playing Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 online
>>> quite a bit lately. Ive established a server serving up an emulated
>>> version of afp over ip via the Netatalk package. That is compatible with
>>> 7.6.1 as long as you update file sharing to support afp and your mac is
>>> connected to the internet.
>>>
>>> I would be interested in hosting a larger game some time, say 10 people on
>>> a Saturday. I've seen Spaceward Ho mentioned here, so I wanted to ask if
>>> any spaceward ho players would be interested in joining?
>>>

>> That sounds awesome but let’s shoot for maybe the spring!
>
> Aww shoot, I got caught up in life and didn't see this. I'm trying to move
> right now, so maybe I can get organized and try to start this back up
> after I get moved.

That’d be awesome.

Re: Online Spaceward Ho Game?

<denodster-1712230327370001@192.168.1.200>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=301&group=comp.sys.mac.vintage#301

From: denodster@gmail.com (Denodster)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 03:27:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Denodster - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 03:27 UTC

In article <thlt1c$384qf$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Denodster <denodster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In article <sohuce$k5a$1@dont-email.me>, Oregonian Haruspex
> > <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> That sounds awesome but let’s shoot for maybe the spring!
> >
> > Aww shoot, I got caught up in life and didn't see this. I'm trying to move
> > right now, so maybe I can get organized and try to start this back up
> > after I get moved.
> >

> That’d be awesome.

I'm back in action and unpacked the mac!
Now who's still up for the game?

I'm thinking I'll set up an afp server and post a date/time and url here.
If you connect at that date/time there will be a game file. Open it with
Spaceward Ho 4.0.5 and you're in. Any suggestions for a date?