Know Thy User.

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0

SubjectAuthor
* [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0AllanH
`* Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0John C.
 `* Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0AllanH
  +* Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0kelown
  |`- Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0occam
  `- Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0John C.

1
[Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0

<op.2ihelbm2bh2i3r@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19903&group=alt.comp.freeware#19903

From: nospam@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:13:49 -0600
 by: AllanH - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 21:13 UTC

From FossHub:

"With PDF24 Creator, you can edit existing PDF documents seamlessly, as it
offers a set of editing tools that allow you to modify text, add or remove
images, rearrange pages, and annotate the PDF with comments, highlights,
and stamps. It ensures that you can make precise changes to your PDF files
without compromising their quality. The software also allows you to create
PDF documents from various sources. You can convert files from different
formats, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint
presentations, images, and more. This feature makes it easy to generate
PDF files from any document or content you have. Other functions of the
software include PDF conversion, merging and splitting of PDF files, PDF
compression, print to PDF, and more!"

Home Page
https://tools.pdf24.org/en/creator/

Changelog
https://creator.pdf24.org/changelog/en.html

Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0

<upiusr$2ksti$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19910&group=alt.comp.freeware#19910

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 06:40:23 -0800
 by: John C. - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 14:40 UTC

AllanH wrote:
> From FossHub:
>
> "With PDF24 Creator, you can edit existing PDF documents seamlessly, as
> it offers a set of editing tools that allow you to modify text, add or
> remove images, rearrange pages, and annotate the PDF with comments,
> highlights, and stamps. It ensures that you can make precise changes to
> your PDF files without compromising their quality. The software also
> allows you to create PDF documents from various sources. You can convert
> files from different formats, including Word documents, Excel
> spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, images, and more. This feature
> makes it easy to generate PDF files from any document or content you
> have. Other functions of the software include PDF conversion, merging
> and splitting of PDF files, PDF compression, print to PDF, and more!"
>
> Home Page
> https://tools.pdf24.org/en/creator/
>
> Changelog
> https://creator.pdf24.org/changelog/en.html

Thanks, Allan. Never heard of this one before. Has the potential to
replace several .pdf programs I have currently. Definitely going to
check it out.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out:
-crossposts (sent to multiple newsgroups) at a time
-posts sent via Google Groups* due to spam from that source
-trolls (eg. "Bucky Breeder" and his many sock puppets)

If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0

<op.2iisw4sjbh2i3r@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19912&group=alt.comp.freeware#19912

From: nospam@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:20:54 -0600
 by: AllanH - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 15:20 UTC

On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 08:40:23 -0600, John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> AllanH wrote:
>> From FossHub:
>>
>> "With PDF24 Creator, you can edit existing PDF documents seamlessly, as
>> it offers a set of editing tools that allow you to modify text, add or
>> remove images, rearrange pages, and annotate the PDF with comments,
>> highlights, and stamps. It ensures that you can make precise changes to
>> your PDF files without compromising their quality. The software also
>> allows you to create PDF documents from various sources. You can convert
>> files from different formats, including Word documents, Excel
>> spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, images, and more. This feature
>> makes it easy to generate PDF files from any document or content you
>> have. Other functions of the software include PDF conversion, merging
>> and splitting of PDF files, PDF compression, print to PDF, and more!"
>>
>> Home Page
>> https://tools.pdf24.org/en/creator/
>>
>> Changelog
>> https://creator.pdf24.org/changelog/en.html
>
> Thanks, Allan. Never heard of this one before. Has the potential to
> replace several .pdf programs I have currently. Definitely going to
> check it out.

I saw that you did a review of this program on the SnapFiles site back in
2014, so you must have heard of it. ;)
https://www.snapfiles.com/get/pdf24.html

Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0

<upjaod$2n0gu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19913&group=alt.comp.freeware#19913

From: kelown@privacy.invalid (kelown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 12:02:53 -0600
 by: kelown - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 18:02 UTC

>>> Home Page
>>> https://tools.pdf24.org/en/creator/
>>>
>>> Changelog
>>> https://creator.pdf24.org/changelog/en.html
>>
>> Thanks, Allan. Never heard of this one before. Has the potential to
>> replace several .pdf programs I have currently. Definitely going to
>> check it out.
>>

> I saw that you did a review of this program on the SnapFiles site back
> in 2014, so you must have heard of it. ;)
> https://www.snapfiles.com/get/pdf24.html

It's been listed on a.c.f for years. One of the oldest.

Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0

<l26aitF9offU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19920&group=alt.comp.freeware#19920

From: occam@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 09:07:58 +0100
 by: occam - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 08:07 UTC

On 02/02/2024 19:02, kelown wrote:

>>> Thanks, Allan. Never heard of this one before. Has the potential to
>>> replace several .pdf programs I have currently. Definitely going to
>>> check it out.
>>>

>> I saw that you did a review of this program on the SnapFiles site back
>> in 2014, so you must have heard of it. ;)
>> https://www.snapfiles.com/get/pdf24.html
>
> It's been listed on a.c.f for years. One of the oldest.

...and I stumbled across it as a result of AllanH's 'update' posts. Just
goes to show that one person's update is another's new freeware.

Re: [Update] PDF24 Creator 11.16.0

<upp0j9$3rhl2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=19952&group=alt.comp.freeware#19952

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 13:46:16 -0800
 by: John C. - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 21:46 UTC

AllanH wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 08:40:23 -0600, John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> AllanH wrote:
>>> From FossHub:
>>>
>>> "With PDF24 Creator, you can edit existing PDF documents seamlessly, as
>>> it offers a set of editing tools that allow you to modify text, add or
>>> remove images, rearrange pages, and annotate the PDF with comments,
>>> highlights, and stamps. It ensures that you can make precise changes to
>>> your PDF files without compromising their quality. The software also
>>> allows you to create PDF documents from various sources. You can convert
>>> files from different formats, including Word documents, Excel
>>> spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, images, and more. This feature
>>> makes it easy to generate PDF files from any document or content you
>>> have. Other functions of the software include PDF conversion, merging
>>> and splitting of PDF files, PDF compression, print to PDF, and more!"
>>>
>>> Home Page
>>> https://tools.pdf24.org/en/creator/
>>>
>>> Changelog
>>> https://creator.pdf24.org/changelog/en.html
>>
>> Thanks, Allan. Never heard of this one before. Has the potential to
>> replace several .pdf programs I have currently. Definitely going to
>> check it out.
>>

> I saw that you did a review of this program on the SnapFiles site back
> in 2014, so you must have heard of it. ;)
> https://www.snapfiles.com/get/pdf24.html

It's funny, I remember posting that review. Guess I was so turned off by
Ghostscript that I removed the program shortly after installing it.

To a person my age, 10 years is a lot of water under the bridge I suppose.