From: b.boase@bcs.org
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Re: Excel to Eureka function
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 17:14:48 +0100
 by: b.boase@bcs.org - Mon, 15 May 2023 16:14 UTC

On 15 Mar 2023, dave@triffid.co.uk wrote:

> Cell C4 contains the function =DAYS(c2,d2) which does the calculation.
> This works okay in Excel, but doesn't work in Eureka.

Just noticed this question and read through the replies.

Eureka's DAYS360() is odd and inapplicable, and the only method of
extending Eureka's set of functions is by defining a macro:
DAYS(start, end).

Trouble is, simple though such a macro is, it has to be in a separate file
(called, say, 'M', of type &C2E 'EurMacro', preferably alongside sheets
that use it) and those sheets refer to it not by
=DAYS(cell,cell)
but by
=M!DAYS(cell,cell)
(Reference from one sheet to another always involves putting a filename
plus ! before a formula. See pp. B-35 and D-1 in the User Guide).

Such a macro would look like this (in cells A1 to A4):

DAYS
=ARGUMENT("dStart",1
=ARGUMENT("dEnd",1
=RETURN(dEnd-dStart)