19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Re: ImageCacheViewer

SubjectAuthor
* ImageCacheViewerAllanH
+- Re: ImageCacheViewerVanguardLH
`* Re: ImageCacheViewerJohn C.
 +- Re: ImageCacheViewerShadow
 +- Re: ImageCacheViewerAllanH
 `* Re: ImageCacheViewerBill Day
  `* Re: ImageCacheViewerJohn C.
   +* Re: ImageCacheViewerBill Day
   |`* Re: ImageCacheViewerJohn C.
   | `* Re: ImageCacheViewerJohn C.
   |  `* Re: ImageCacheViewerJohn C.
   |   `* Re: ImageCacheViewerBill Day
   |    `- Re: ImageCacheViewerJohn C.
   +- Re: ImageCacheViewerwasbit
   `- Re: ImageCacheViewerAllanH

1
ImageCacheViewer

<op.2jsthxcvbh2i3r@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20232&group=alt.comp.freeware#20232

From: nospam@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: ImageCacheViewer
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 05:42:59 -0600
 by: AllanH - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 11:42 UTC

From PortableFreeware:

"ImageCacheViewer scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Google Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex) and lists the images displayed in the recently visited Web sites. For every cached image file, program displays the URL of the image, browser used, image type, image and browsing date/time and file size. Selecting an image from this list shows the image in the lowe rpane and you can copy the image to the clipboard (Ctrl+M) for pasting elsewhere.

The program is useful for getting around some image protection schemes, web development testing and tracking down a specific image when you're not sure of its associated website.

Note: The author recommends closing all windows of your Web browser before using to ensure that all files are saved to the disk. Additionally, the program won't work if the browser is configured to clear its cache on closing (for privacy or space reasons)."

Home Page
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html

"Version 1.31:
Fixed to read the cache of Chrome Web browser while it's opened."

--
Using Opera's mail client:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130226002115/http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<u645zb6yyum.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20235&group=alt.comp.freeware#20235

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: ImageCacheViewer
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:04:30 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:04 UTC

AllanH <nospam@unokix.invalid> wrote:

> "ImageCacheViewer scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Google Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex) and lists the images displayed in the recently visited Web sites. For every cached image file, program displays the URL of the image, browser used, image type, image and browsing date/time and file size. Selecting an image from this list shows the image in the lowe rpane and you can copy the image to the clipboard (Ctrl+M) for pasting elsewhere.

Will it show the favicon.ico files for visited web sites that have them?
Sometimes when creating shortcuts I'd like to have the site's .ico file
to use as the icon for the shortcut.

> Note: The author recommends closing all windows of your Web browser before using to ensure that all files are saved to the disk. Additionally, the program won't work if the browser is configured to clear its cache on closing (for privacy or space reasons)."

Won't work for me. My Firefox is configured to purge all locally cached
data on its exit.

> Home Page
> https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html

I trialed this. For image or icon files, I don't want them copied to
the Windows clipboard. I want to save them elsewhere, like C:\Temp.
When I right-click on an image file and select to Save (or use Ctrl+S),
the file browser dialog defaults to .txt filetype. Even if I change to
..png or .ico to match the original filetype, trying to open gives an
error the contents are unrecognized. When saved as a text file, the
..txt file just gives info on the image file. What gets saved into the
text file is the same info when double-clicking on an entry. However,
in both, the filename is incomplete. A path is shown to a garbled
filename with no filetype. The entries in Firefox do not have
filetypes. You have to copy the entry to elsewhere, but remember to add
the filetype.

You can instead open the URL to the image file, have it load in the web
browser, right-click on the image, and Save the image somewhere local.
a bit of a workaround due to Nirsoft pointing at a Firefox entry with no
filetype to copy elsewhere and add the filetype.

Will work if the image is a file on the server you can retrieve. Won't
work for Javascripted images (where the script dictates from where to
get the media file), plus some sites don't permit direct links to their
resources. For example, you might notice what looks like a hash value
in the URL. That hash is valid during the current web session, not in a
later web session. When you use the URL to the media file, the old hash
may no longer allow access to the old media file. I've seen Google do
this: I'll block an element, but Google adds a hash, so on a later
revisit the content is still displayed, because the old hash is no
longer valid, and a new hash was used during the current web session.
Some sites will allow access to another web page only when you navigate
from an earlier web page. You can get there only from a permitted start
page.

Another possible workaround is to select an entry in Nirsoft, and either
use Ctrl+M or right-click and select Copy Image to put into the Windows
clipboard, and then open something like MS Paint to paste in the image,
and then save to a file. Nope, nothing went into the clipboard. I also
tried Ctrl+C, the standard clipboard copy shortcut key, but what went
into the clipboard was the entry info, the same as when I 'save' the
entry to a .txt file.

On simple URL links to media files, this tool can help get at the
images. Many sites have gotten protective of their content. They don't
want it stolen and repurposed. This tool is very limited, and some of
it does not work as advertised. I have many Nirsoft tools, but I won't
bother with this one.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<urn7vm$3s9pq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20241&group=alt.comp.freeware#20241

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 04:12:35 -0800
 by: John C. - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 12:12 UTC

AllanH wrote:
> From PortableFreeware:
>
> "ImageCacheViewer scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet
> Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Google Chrome,
> Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex) and lists the images displayed in
> the recently visited Web sites. For every cached image file, program
> displays the URL of the image, browser used, image type, image and
> browsing date/time and file size. Selecting an image from this list
> shows the image in the lowe rpane and you can copy the image to the
> clipboard (Ctrl+M) for pasting elsewhere.
>
> The program is useful for getting around some image protection schemes,
> web development testing and tracking down a specific image when you're
> not sure of its associated website.
>
> Note: The author recommends closing all windows of your Web browser
> before using to ensure that all files are saved to the disk.
> Additionally, the program won't work if the browser is configured to
> clear its cache on closing (for privacy or space reasons)."
>
> Home Page
> https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html
>
> "Version 1.31:
> Fixed to read the cache of Chrome Web browser while it's opened."

Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and trolls (eg. "Bucky Breeder" and his
many sock puppets.) If you do the same, the group will be easier for you
to read.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<059utiddfuhsqj6s67agog01imkap16msa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20242&group=alt.comp.freeware#20242

From: Sh@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:23:41 -0300
 by: Shadow - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 12:23 UTC

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 04:12:35 -0800, "John C." <r9jmg0@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>AllanH wrote:
>> From PortableFreeware:
>>
>> "ImageCacheViewer scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet
>> Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Google Chrome,
>> Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex) and lists the images displayed in
>> the recently visited Web sites. For every cached image file, program
>> displays the URL of the image, browser used, image type, image and
>> browsing date/time and file size. Selecting an image from this list
>> shows the image in the lowe rpane and you can copy the image to the
>> clipboard (Ctrl+M) for pasting elsewhere.
>>
>> The program is useful for getting around some image protection schemes,
>> web development testing and tracking down a specific image when you're
>> not sure of its associated website.
>>
>> Note: The author recommends closing all windows of your Web browser
>> before using to ensure that all files are saved to the disk.
>> Additionally, the program won't work if the browser is configured to
>> clear its cache on closing (for privacy or space reasons)."
>>
>> Home Page
>> https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html
>>
>> "Version 1.31:
>> Fixed to read the cache of Chrome Web browser while it's opened."
>
>Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
>A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
>have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.

John, I know how much you dislike the command line, but...
yt-dlp will download vimeo videos

yt-dlp -F <link_to_vimeo_video>

Will give you available formats.

You can then

yt-dlp -f <format_number you want> <link_to_vimeo_video>

Or, KISS

yt-dlp <link_to_vimeo_video>
Which will give you whatever format they choose.
HTH
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<op.2jvbp3gci43u83@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20247&group=alt.comp.freeware#20247

From: allanh@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 14:11:53 -0600
 by: AllanH - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 20:11 UTC

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 06:12:35 -0600, John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> AllanH wrote:
>> From PortableFreeware:
>>
>> "ImageCacheViewer scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet
>> Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Google Chrome,
>> Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex) and lists the images displayed in
>> the recently visited Web sites. For every cached image file, program
>> displays the URL of the image, browser used, image type, image and
>> browsing date/time and file size. Selecting an image from this list
>> shows the image in the lowe rpane and you can copy the image to the
>> clipboard (Ctrl+M) for pasting elsewhere.
>>
>> The program is useful for getting around some image protection schemes,
>> web development testing and tracking down a specific image when you're
>> not sure of its associated website.
>>
>> Note: The author recommends closing all windows of your Web browser
>> before using to ensure that all files are saved to the disk.
>> Additionally, the program won't work if the browser is configured to
>> clear its cache on closing (for privacy or space reasons)."
>>
>> Home Page
>> https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html
>>
>> "Version 1.31:
>> Fixed to read the cache of Chrome Web browser while it's opened."
>
> Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
> A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
> have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.

TVDownloader (aka YoutubeVideoDownloader) is my favorite Freeware program for downloading videos.
It's a GUI for yt-dlp.

Home Page/Download
https://www.videohelp.com/software/YoutubeVideoDownloader

Release Announcements
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/382423-YoutubeVideoDownloader-download-video-and-audio-from-900-sites/

Since yt-dlp was updated after TVDownloader v1.19e, download yt-dlp at
https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases/download/2023.12.30/yt-dlp.exe

After installing TVDownloader, rename yt-dlp.exe to youtube-dl.exe and replace the file in the install folder with the downloaded file.

--
Using Opera's mail client:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130226002115/http://www.opera.com/mail/
https://web.archive.org/web/20130709005515/http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/mail.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20130223015023/http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/mail/

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<pid1uid0fcfmq7nl8k7vk36ci8284t90er@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20259&group=alt.comp.freeware#20259

From: extree@verizon.net (Bill Day)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 11:54:15 -0500
 by: Bill Day - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:54 UTC

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 04:12:35 -0800, "John C." <r9jmg0@yahoo.com>
wrote:

John.. I found this a long time ago, but have only used it once. If
they could re-upload them....
https://fileconvoy.com/

>AllanH wrote:
>> From PortableFreeware:
>>
>> "ImageCacheViewer scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet
>> Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Google Chrome,
>> Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex) and lists the images displayed in
>> the recently visited Web sites. For every cached image file, program
>> displays the URL of the image, browser used, image type, image and
>> browsing date/time and file size. Selecting an image from this list
>> shows the image in the lowe rpane and you can copy the image to the
>> clipboard (Ctrl+M) for pasting elsewhere.
>>
>> The program is useful for getting around some image protection schemes,
>> web development testing and tracking down a specific image when you're
>> not sure of its associated website.
>>
>> Note: The author recommends closing all windows of your Web browser
>> before using to ensure that all files are saved to the disk.
>> Additionally, the program won't work if the browser is configured to
>> clear its cache on closing (for privacy or space reasons)."
>>
>> Home Page
>> https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html
>>
>> "Version 1.31:
>> Fixed to read the cache of Chrome Web browser while it's opened."
>
>Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
>A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
>have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<ursilp$18266$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20269&group=alt.comp.freeware#20269

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 04:45:38 -0800
 by: John C. - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 12:45 UTC

Bill Day wrote:
> John C. wrote:
>> AllanH wrote:
>>>
>>> From PortableFreeware:
>>>
>>> "ImageCacheViewer scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet
>>> Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Google Chrome,
>>> Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex) and lists the images displayed in
>>> the recently visited Web sites. For every cached image file, program
>>> displays the URL of the image, browser used, image type, image and
>>> browsing date/time and file size. Selecting an image from this list
>>> shows the image in the lowe rpane and you can copy the image to the
>>> clipboard (Ctrl+M) for pasting elsewhere.
>>>
>>> The program is useful for getting around some image protection schemes,
>>> web development testing and tracking down a specific image when you're
>>> not sure of its associated website.
>>>
>>> Note: The author recommends closing all windows of your Web browser
>>> before using to ensure that all files are saved to the disk.
>>> Additionally, the program won't work if the browser is configured to
>>> clear its cache on closing (for privacy or space reasons)."
>>>
>>> Home Page
>>> https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html
>>>
>>> "Version 1.31:
>>> Fixed to read the cache of Chrome Web browser while it's opened."
>>
>> Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
>> A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
>> have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.
>
> John.. I found this a long time ago, but have only used it once. If
> they could re-upload them....
> https://fileconvoy.com/

Thanks, Bill. That website is a good one and I've bookmarked it for
future use.

However, I still would like a program or extension that allows me to
record videos. I did find this one though:

http://www.kastorsoft.com/index_en.php

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and trolls (eg. "Bucky Breeder" and his
many sock puppets.) If you do the same, the group will be easier for you
to read.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<44v3uittb7mtc6fgqqh1up60d8nsed10i4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20281&group=alt.comp.freeware#20281

From: extree@verizon.net (Bill Day)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 11:14:08 -0500
 by: Bill Day - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 16:14 UTC

On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 04:45:38 -0800, "John C." <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Bill Day wrote:
>> John C. wrote:

>>> Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
>>> A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
>>> have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.
>>
>> John.. I found this a long time ago, but have only used it once. If
>> they could re-upload them....
>> https://fileconvoy.com/
>
>Thanks, Bill. That website is a good one and I've bookmarked it for
>future use.
>
>However, I still would like a program or extension that allows me to
>record videos. I did find this one though:
>
>http://www.kastorsoft.com/index_en.php
There is something called "Screen recorder", but I tried it and didn't
like it. I know of one that is a browser extension that I use
https://video-downloader-professional.en.softonic.com/
....but.. YouTube videos are locked.
Compatible only with Chrome.
I use it on Iron browser... https://www.srware.net/iron/
It does require reloading and wants you to click agreement that you
are entitled. I have no idea if will access Vimeo.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<urut8f$1qjc9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20285&group=alt.comp.freeware#20285

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 09:58:39 +0000
 by: wasbit - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 09:58 UTC

On 01/03/2024 12:45, John C. wrote:
> Bill Day wrote:
>> John C. wrote:

>>> Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
>>> A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
>>> have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.
>>
>> John.. I found this a long time ago, but have only used it once. If
>> they could re-upload them....
>> https://fileconvoy.com/
>
> Thanks, Bill. That website is a good one and I've bookmarked it for
> future use.
>
> However, I still would like a program or extension that allows me to
> record videos. I did find this one though:
>
> http://www.kastorsoft.com/index_en.php

Don't use Vimeo but a Howtogeek article says

'Keep in mind that, at least on desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux, or
Chromebook), you can't download all the videos available on Vimeo. Only
the videos that are uploaded by paid Vimeo users can be downloaded. This
means, if someone has uploaded a video from their free Vimeo account,
you can't download that video.
Vimeo's mobile app (iPhone, iPad, or Android), however, will download
any video from the site; it doesn't have to come from a paid Vimeo user.'

- https://www.howtogeek.com/754510/how-to-download-vimeo-videos/

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<op.2jz4purhi43u83@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20287&group=alt.comp.freeware#20287

From: allanh@unokix.invalid (AllanH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 04:28:32 -0600
 by: AllanH - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 10:28 UTC

On Fri, 01 Mar 2024 06:45:38 -0600, John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bill Day wrote:
>> John C. wrote:

>>> Allan, do you know of any such program which will work for video files?
>>> A relative posted some family videos to Vimio and made them private. I
>>> have access to them to view, but Vimio makes it impossible to download them.
>>
>> John.. I found this a long time ago, but have only used it once. If
>> they could re-upload them....
>> https://fileconvoy.com/
>
> Thanks, Bill. That website is a good one and I've bookmarked it for
> future use.
>
> However, I still would like a program or extension that allows me to
> record videos. I did find this one though:
>
> http://www.kastorsoft.com/index_en.php

Sorry, I misunderstood that a video downloader wouldn't work in your case.

--
Using Opera's mail client:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130226002115/http://www.opera.com/mail/
https://web.archive.org/web/20130709005515/http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/mail.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20130223015023/http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/mail/

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<urv8e5$1srhc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20290&group=alt.comp.freeware#20290

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 05:09:16 -0800
 by: John C. - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:09 UTC

Bill Day wrote:
> John C. wrote:
>> Bill Day wrote:

>>> John.. I found this a long time ago, but have only used it once. If
>>> they could re-upload them....
>>> https://fileconvoy.com/
>>
>> Thanks, Bill. That website is a good one and I've bookmarked it for
>> future use.
>>
>> However, I still would like a program or extension that allows me to
>> record videos. I did find this one though:
>>
>> http://www.kastorsoft.com/index_en.php
> There is something called "Screen recorder", but I tried it and didn't
> like it. I know of one that is a browser extension that I use
> https://video-downloader-professional.en.softonic.com/
> ...but.. YouTube videos are locked.
> Compatible only with Chrome.
> I use it on Iron browser... https://www.srware.net/iron/
> It does require reloading and wants you to click agreement that you
> are entitled. I have no idea if will access Vimeo.

The extension might work with Vivlaldi. I don't really care about
YouTube videos, just Vimeo. And once I obtain the videos I want, I'll
most likely not ever go to the Vimeo website ever again.

(Later) Just tried downloading the extension from this page:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil

and Google won't allow me to do so unless I either install Google Chrome
OR update Vivaldi. I would rather eat dog shit than install Google
Chrome on my computer AND I am unable to update Vivaldi because (for
now) I'm using Windows 7 on this computer.

Thanks anyway though, Bill.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and trolls (eg. "Bucky Breeder" and his
many sock puppets.) If you do the same, the group will be easier for you
to read.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<urv8pm$1srhc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20291&group=alt.comp.freeware#20291

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 05:15:29 -0800
 by: John C. - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:15 UTC

John C. wrote:
> Bill Day wrote:
>> John C. wrote:

>>> Thanks, Bill. That website is a good one and I've bookmarked it for
>>> future use.
>>>
>>> However, I still would like a program or extension that allows me to
>>> record videos. I did find this one though:
>>>
>>> http://www.kastorsoft.com/index_en.php
>> There is something called "Screen recorder", but I tried it and didn't
>> like it. I know of one that is a browser extension that I use
>> https://video-downloader-professional.en.softonic.com/
>> ...but.. YouTube videos are locked.
>> Compatible only with Chrome.
>> I use it on Iron browser... https://www.srware.net/iron/
>> It does require reloading and wants you to click agreement that you
>> are entitled. I have no idea if will access Vimeo.
>
> The extension might work with Vivlaldi. I don't really care about
> YouTube videos, just Vimeo. And once I obtain the videos I want, I'll
> most likely not ever go to the Vimeo website ever again.
>
> (Later) Just tried downloading the extension from this page:
>
> https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil
>
> and Google won't allow me to do so unless I either install Google Chrome
> OR update Vivaldi. I would rather eat dog shit than install Google
> Chrome on my computer AND I am unable to update Vivaldi because (for
> now) I'm using Windows 7 on this computer.
>
> Thanks anyway though, Bill.

Found the version of it for Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-profession/

Don't know if it will work with FF ver. 114.0.2 (64-bit) though. Also,
there are some bad reviews for that extension under the "2" and "1"
categories.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and trolls (eg. "Bucky Breeder" and his
many sock puppets.) If you do the same, the group will be easier for you
to read.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<urvjt5$1v8lv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20293&group=alt.comp.freeware#20293

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 08:25:03 -0800
 by: John C. - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 16:25 UTC

John C. wrote:
> John C. wrote:
>> Bill Day wrote:

>>> There is something called "Screen recorder", but I tried it and didn't
>>> like it. I know of one that is a browser extension that I use
>>> https://video-downloader-professional.en.softonic.com/
>>> ...but.. YouTube videos are locked.
>>> Compatible only with Chrome.
>>> I use it on Iron browser... https://www.srware.net/iron/
>>> It does require reloading and wants you to click agreement that you
>>> are entitled. I have no idea if will access Vimeo.
>>
>> The extension might work with Vivlaldi. I don't really care about
>> YouTube videos, just Vimeo. And once I obtain the videos I want, I'll
>> most likely not ever go to the Vimeo website ever again.
>>
>> (Later) Just tried downloading the extension from this page:
>>
>> https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil
>>
>> and Google won't allow me to do so unless I either install Google Chrome
>> OR update Vivaldi. I would rather eat dog shit than install Google
>> Chrome on my computer AND I am unable to update Vivaldi because (for
>> now) I'm using Windows 7 on this computer.
>>
>> Thanks anyway though, Bill.
>
> Found the version of it for Firefox:
>

> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-profession/
>
> Don't know if it will work with FF ver. 114.0.2 (64-bit) though. Also,
> there are some bad reviews for that extension under the "2" and "1"
> categories.

Guess what? It did work with my copy of FF. In fact, it worked
perfectly! I was finally able to download those videos, which contained
footage of my late parents. Thanks very much for your help, Bill! 80)>

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and trolls (eg. "Bucky Breeder" and his
many sock puppets.) If you do the same, the group will be easier for you
to read.

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<ai2huip4cv3hr628p39q9k2nm5u93eufpp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20331&group=alt.comp.freeware#20331

From: extree@verizon.net (Bill Day)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 10:23:56 -0500
 by: Bill Day - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 15:23 UTC

On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 08:25:03 -0800, "John C." <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

>John C. wrote:
>> John C. wrote:

>>> The extension might work with Vivlaldi. I don't really care about
>>> YouTube videos, just Vimeo. And once I obtain the videos I want, I'll
>>> most likely not ever go to the Vimeo website ever again.
>>>
>>> (Later) Just tried downloading the extension from this page:
>>>
>>> https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil
>>>
>>> and Google won't allow me to do so unless I either install Google Chrome
>>> OR update Vivaldi. I would rather eat dog shit than install Google
>>> Chrome on my computer AND I am unable to update Vivaldi because (for
>>> now) I'm using Windows 7 on this computer.
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway though, Bill.
>>
>> Found the version of it for Firefox:
>>

>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-profession/
>>
>> Don't know if it will work with FF ver. 114.0.2 (64-bit) though. Also,
>> there are some bad reviews for that extension under the "2" and "1"
>> categories.
>
>Guess what? It did work with my copy of FF. In fact, it worked
>perfectly! I was finally able to download those videos, which contained
>footage of my late parents. Thanks very much for your help, Bill! 80)>
Glad it worked! Even if you never need it again, it's something to
know about!

Re: ImageCacheViewer

<uscdir$122q7$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20342&group=alt.comp.freeware#20342

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 04:56:56 -0800
 by: John C. - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 12:56 UTC

Bill Day wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 08:25:03 -0800, "John C." <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> John C. wrote:

>>> Found the version of it for Firefox:
>>>

>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-profession/
>>>
>>> Don't know if it will work with FF ver. 114.0.2 (64-bit) though. Also,
>>> there are some bad reviews for that extension under the "2" and "1"
>>> categories.
>>
>> Guess what? It did work with my copy of FF. In fact, it worked
>> perfectly! I was finally able to download those videos, which contained
>> footage of my late parents. Thanks very much for your help, Bill! 80)>
> Glad it worked! Even if you never need it again, it's something to
> know about!

Actually, I have been able to use it for other videos as well. There has
been one occasion when it couldn't work, but oh well. The main purpose I
had for it was to be able to download those family videos.

Thanks again, Bill. 80)>