You're at Witt's End.

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

SubjectAuthor
* Efficient Reminder Free PortableNic
+- Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableAllan Higdon
`* Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableAllan Higdon
 `* Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableYuhler Speertraeger
  `* Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableJohn C.
   `* Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableBill Bennett
    `* Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableD
     `* Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableShadow
      +* Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portablep-0 0-h the cat (coder)
      |+- Re: [OT]Efficient Reminder Free PortableShadow
      |`* Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portablewasbit
      | `- Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portablep-0 0-h the cat (coder)
      `- Re: Efficient Reminder Free PortableJohn C.

1
Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<sCZJN.69544$9cLc.28439@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20450&group=alt.comp.freeware#20450

Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
From: Nic@none.invalid (Nic)
Subject: Efficient Reminder Free Portable
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:04:40 -0400
 by: Nic - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:04 UTC

https://portable-efficient-reminder-free.en.lo4d.com/windows

Efficient Reminder Free is a nice-looking feature-rich application that
helps you remember about important events, appointments, birthdays and
holidays.

The application lets you attach one or more new events to the selected
dates, set their importance, label, create schedules, attach comments,
external file, define recurring events which remembers you periodically
(daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.) about important meetings, 2do, etc.

The software sorts, filters and searches events, creates backups of
data, compacts the database and protects it with a password.

Efficient Reminder Free enables the printing of entries, theme
selection, the exporting of data to CSV and HTML formats, the
customization of the application's interface and includes a
multi-language support.

Finally, Efficient Reminder Free provides the creation and management of
simple and recurring events, the storing of important to do in a
password protected database and the exporting of data to various file
formats.

Works with Linux/WINE

--
Pity the fool who followed his GPS over the cliff

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<op.2kuinjxn1svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20451&group=alt.comp.freeware#20451

From: allanh@vivaldi.net (Allan Higdon)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:17:32 -0500
 by: Allan Higdon - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 20:17 UTC

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:04:40 -0500, Nic <Nic@none.invalid> wrote:

> https://portable-efficient-reminder-free.en.lo4d.com/windows
>
> Efficient Reminder Free is a nice-looking feature-rich application that
> helps you remember about important events, appointments, birthdays and
> holidays.
>
> The application lets you attach one or more new events to the selected
> dates, set their importance, label, create schedules, attach comments,
> external file, define recurring events which remembers you periodically
> (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.) about important meetings, 2do, etc.
>
> The software sorts, filters and searches events, creates backups of
> data, compacts the database and protects it with a password.
>
> Efficient Reminder Free enables the printing of entries, theme
> selection, the exporting of data to CSV and HTML formats, the
> customization of the application's interface and includes a
> multi-language support.
>
> Finally, Efficient Reminder Free provides the creation and management of
> simple and recurring events, the storing of important to do in a
> password protected database and the exporting of data to various file
> formats.
>
> Works with Linux/WINE

Here is the Home Page for the Free Edition, courtesy of the Wayback Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20200715025840/http://www.efficientreminder.com/freeedition.htm

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<op.2kvjpksm1svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20454&group=alt.comp.freeware#20454

From: allanh@vivaldi.net (Allan Higdon)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 04:37:58 -0500
 by: Allan Higdon - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:37 UTC

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:04:40 -0500, Nic <Nic@none.invalid> wrote:

> https://portable-efficient-reminder-free.en.lo4d.com/windows
>
> Efficient Reminder Free is a nice-looking feature-rich application that
> helps you remember about important events, appointments, birthdays and
> holidays.
>
> The application lets you attach one or more new events to the selected
> dates, set their importance, label, create schedules, attach comments,
> external file, define recurring events which remembers you periodically
> (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.) about important meetings, 2do, etc.
>
> The software sorts, filters and searches events, creates backups of
> data, compacts the database and protects it with a password.
>
> Efficient Reminder Free enables the printing of entries, theme
> selection, the exporting of data to CSV and HTML formats, the
> customization of the application's interface and includes a
> multi-language support.
>
> Finally, Efficient Reminder Free provides the creation and management of
> simple and recurring events, the storing of important to do in a
> password protected database and the exporting of data to various file
> formats.
>
> Works with Linux/WINE

This is a similar, but much simpler, Freeware program from SSuite Office.

SSuite Year and Day Planner
https://www.ssuiteoffice.com/software/ssuiteyearanddayplan.htm

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<MPG.406367b0a2a1c672989885@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20458&group=alt.comp.freeware#20458

From: oenvafgbez.lhuyre@znvyahyy.invalid (Yuhler Speertraeger)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:14:01 -0300
 by: Yuhler Speertraeger - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:14 UTC

On article <op.2kvjpksm1svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>, Allan Higdon
wrote (at least in part):

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:04:40 -0500, Nic <Nic@none.invalid> wrote:
>
> > https://portable-efficient-reminder-free.en.lo4d.com/windows
> >
> > Efficient Reminder Free is a nice-looking feature-rich application that
> > helps you remember about important events, appointments, birthdays and
> > holidays.
> >
> > The application lets you attach one or more new events to the selected
> > dates, set their importance, label, create schedules, attach comments,
> > external file, define recurring events which remembers you periodically
> > (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.) about important meetings, 2do, etc.
> >
> > The software sorts, filters and searches events, creates backups of
> > data, compacts the database and protects it with a password.
> >
> > Efficient Reminder Free enables the printing of entries, theme
> > selection, the exporting of data to CSV and HTML formats, the
> > customization of the application's interface and includes a
> > multi-language support.
> >
> > Finally, Efficient Reminder Free provides the creation and management of
> > simple and recurring events, the storing of important to do in a
> > password protected database and the exporting of data to various file
> > formats.
> >
> > Works with Linux/WINE
> >

> This is a similar, but much simpler, Freeware program from SSuite Office.
>
> SSuite Year and Day Planner
> https://www.ssuiteoffice.com/software/ssuiteyearanddayplan.htm

I've been using Ulrich Krebs' UK?s Kalender from ages. Feature rich
and highly configurable. More freeware on site.

http://www.ukrebs-software.de/

--
Best,
Yuhler

Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<utch3q$ukgq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20459&group=alt.comp.freeware#20459

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:13:25 -0700
 by: John C. - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:13 UTC

Yuhler Speertraeger wrote:

> On article <op.2kvjpksm1svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>, Allan Higdon
> wrote (at least in part):
>

>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:04:40 -0500, Nic <Nic@none.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> https://portable-efficient-reminder-free.en.lo4d.com/windows
>>>
>>> Efficient Reminder Free is a nice-looking feature-rich application that
>>> helps you remember about important events, appointments, birthdays and
>>> holidays.
>>>
>>> The application lets you attach one or more new events to the selected
>>> dates, set their importance, label, create schedules, attach comments,
>>> external file, define recurring events which remembers you periodically
>>> (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.) about important meetings, 2do, etc.
>>>
>>> The software sorts, filters and searches events, creates backups of
>>> data, compacts the database and protects it with a password.
>>>
>>> Efficient Reminder Free enables the printing of entries, theme
>>> selection, the exporting of data to CSV and HTML formats, the
>>> customization of the application's interface and includes a
>>> multi-language support.
>>>
>>> Finally, Efficient Reminder Free provides the creation and management of
>>> simple and recurring events, the storing of important to do in a
>>> password protected database and the exporting of data to various file
>>> formats.
>>>
>>> Works with Linux/WINE
>>>

>> This is a similar, but much simpler, Freeware program from SSuite Office.
>>
>> SSuite Year and Day Planner
>> https://www.ssuiteoffice.com/software/ssuiteyearanddayplan.htm
>
> I've been using Ulrich Krebs' UK?s Kalender from ages. Feature rich
> and highly configurable. More freeware on site.
>
> http://www.ukrebs-software.de/

I have this one installed:

http://uc.maximus.in.ua/about.php?lang=0

With the author's help, I wrote the "UK Holidays" date set for the program.

The program comes from the Ukraine. The author may not still be alive
because of the war with Russia.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<uthi8l$2959t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20485&group=alt.comp.freeware#20485

From: wannabee@att.net (Bill Bennett)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 11:03:48 -0400
 by: Bill Bennett - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:03 UTC

On 3/19/2024 1:13 PM, John C. wrote:
> The author may not still be alive
> because of the war with Russia.

"The author may not still be alive
because of the war with Russia."

What an idiotic speculative comment.

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<9927b63c4a30ce69b46805495269b0d2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20486&group=alt.comp.freeware#20486

From: J@M (D)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:13:03 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
 by: D - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:13 UTC

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 11:03:48 -0400, Bill Bennett <wannabee@att.net> wrote:
>On 3/19/2024 1:13 PM, John C. wrote:
>> The author may not still be alive
>> because of the war with Russia.
>
>"The author may not still be alive
>because of the war with Russia."
>
>What an idiotic speculative comment.

the author(s) could be a russian spy

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<gv1pvi5hb2e6rqvj6318jovad962p4o6ae@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20487&group=alt.comp.freeware#20487

From: Sh@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:31:46 -0300
 by: Shadow - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 19:31 UTC

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:13:03 +0100 (CET), D <J@M> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 11:03:48 -0400, Bill Bennett <wannabee@att.net> wrote:
>>On 3/19/2024 1:13 PM, John C. wrote:

<apropos author of UK's Kalender>

>>> The author may not still be alive
>>> because of the war with Russia.
>>
>>"The author may not still be alive
>>because of the war with Russia."

Proof he is still alive is that he's just released an update
to his (slightly)nagware "Back4Sure" Portable.

<https://ukrebs-software.de/english/back4sure/back4sure.html>

>>What an idiotic speculative comment.
>
>the author(s) could be a russian spy

Or he could be an American double agent, pretending to be a
Russian spy.
On the upside, ANY software from the USA's "enemies" is
probably quite safe. They have all been disassembled and analysed by
the TLAs.
OTOH, can you trust anything "approved" by the NSA, like
Avast, Farcekook, Amacon, Glugle, Ex-Twittier or Micro&soft? I don't.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<utks56$2be36$3@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20508&group=alt.comp.freeware#20508

From: super.pooh@fluffyunderbelly.invalid (p-0 0-h the cat (coder))
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:11:00 +0000
 by: p-0 0-h the cat (cod - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:11 UTC

On 21/03/2024 19:31, Shadow wrote:
>>> What an idiotic speculative comment.
>> the author(s) could be a russian spy
> Or he could be an American double agent, pretending to be a
> Russian spy.

Strangely, this reminded me of a poem by poet laureate John Betjeman
about being bullied at school because he had a German name.

"Betjeman's a German spy—
Shoot him down and let him die:"

Betjeman claimed it was a Dutch name.

In reality he spied for the British in Ireland. When the IRA got wind of
him they sent 2 operatives to kill him but an intelligence operative put
them off his scent because he liked his poems.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/apr/22/books.booksnews

Stranger than fiction.

Has anyone noticed that Bill Bennett's initials are the same as ....
thinky real hard now people.

I dunno, whatever happened to group plonks around here. Stay sharp guys.

p-0.0-h the cat, the number one influencer on the Usenet Social!
Live everyday like you're a really cool cat!
Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat
Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, BaStarD hacker, Resident evil,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

I mark any messages from trolls »Q« and 'Arlene' Holder as stinky

Re: [OT]Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<9d4svi50kf70rkjm6cr92uffj7ck0qfb5u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20511&group=alt.comp.freeware#20511

From: Sh@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: [OT]Efficient Reminder Free Portable
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 20:35:42 -0300
 by: Shadow - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:35 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:11:00 +0000, "p-0 0-h the cat (coder)
<super.pooh@fluffyunderbelly.invalid>" wrote:

>>> the author(s) could be a russian spy
>> Or he could be an American double agent, pretending to be a
>> Russian spy.
>
>Strangely, this reminded me of a poem by poet laureate John Betjeman
>about being bullied at school because he had a German name.
>
>"Betjeman's a German spy—
>Shoot him down and let him die:"
>
>Betjeman claimed it was a Dutch name.
>
>In reality he spied for the British in Ireland. When the IRA got wind of
>him they sent 2 operatives to kill him but an intelligence operative put
>them off his scent because he liked his poems.
>
>https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/apr/22/books.booksnews
>
>Stranger than fiction.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm a spy, you can't trust anyone these
days. Specially Glugle.

>Has anyone noticed that Bill Bennett's initials are the same as ....
>thinky real hard now people.

I've seen no ads for ChromeKooks.
That was his "tell". And of course his lard stew recipes on
Farcekook. All gone.
I suspect the one you're thinking of expired.

>I dunno, whatever happened to group plonks around here. Stay sharp guys.

[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Google Fuchsia - 2021

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<utm8a8$3iivr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20512&group=alt.comp.freeware#20512

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:44:42 +0000
 by: wasbit - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:44 UTC

On 22/03/2024 21:11, p-0 0-h the cat (coder)
<super.pooh@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

> snip <
>
> Strangely, this reminded me of a poem by poet laureate John Betjeman
> about being bullied at school because he had a German name.
>
> "Betjeman's a German spy—
> Shoot him down and let him die:"
>
> Betjeman claimed it was a Dutch name.
>
> snip <

Ah, so you have unearthed the real reason why he wrote
"Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!"

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Efficient Reminder Free Portable

<utmhih$2imk0$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20515&group=alt.comp.freeware#20515

From: super.pooh@fluffyunderbelly.invalid (p-0 0-h the cat (coder))
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:22:00 +0000
 by: p-0 0-h the cat (cod - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:22 UTC

On 23/03/2024 09:44, wasbit wrote:
> On 22/03/2024 21:11, p-0 0-h the cat (coder)
> <super.pooh@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> snip <
> >
>> Strangely, this reminded me of a poem by poet laureate John Betjeman
>> about being bullied at school because he had a German name.
>>
>> "Betjeman's a German spy—
>> Shoot him down and let him die:"
>>
>> Betjeman claimed it was a Dutch name.
>>
>> snip <
>>

> Ah, so you have unearthed the real reason why he wrote
> "Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!"

I think that's obvious if you read the poem.

http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html

I've only been into Slough once, I stayed at one of those soulless
travel inns in the late 70's. Quite honestly the town centre made
Croydon feel like paradise and that was it seems 30+ years after he
wrote the poem.

On the plus side I believe it was where I first discovered hash browns
so it forever holds a place in my heart.

For those subscribers who have an attention span greater than a goldfish
there are JB's evocative BBC documentaries and series on youtube just
waiting for you to soak up a feel for another era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsDb-dgXnU4

Pooh Paw award.

[...]

<utn8nc$3q62e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20518&group=alt.comp.freeware#20518

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:57:44 -0700
 by: John C. - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:57 UTC

Shadow wrote:
> D wrote:
>> Bill Bennett the troll trolled like the idiot he is:
>>> John C. wrote:
>
> <apropos author of UK's Kalender>

>>> "The author may not still be alive because of the war with Russia."
>
> Proof he is still alive is that he's just released an update
> to his (slightly)nagware "Back4Sure" Portable.

Thanks for that, Shadow. When I was compiling the "UK Holidays" date
set, the author and I were in email communication. He was very helpful,
kind and pleasant to chat with. At the time, Russia was engaged in
attacking the Ukraine the first time. He was only a few miles away from
the front line, told me that for the time being he was safe. Good to
know that he's still alive.

> <https://ukrebs-software.de/english/back4sure/back4sure.html>
>>>
>>> (Bill Bennett's spew removed)
>>
>> the author(s) could be a russian spy
>
> Or he could be an American double agent, pretending to be a
> Russian spy.
> On the upside, ANY software from the USA's "enemies" is
> probably quite safe. They have all been disassembled and analysed by
> the TLAs.
> OTOH, can you trust anything "approved" by the NSA, like
> Avast, Farcekook, Amacon, Glugle, Ex-Twittier or Micro&soft? I don't.

Don't forget to include Tor in that list.