Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux (Unknown source)

computers / alt.comp.freeware / Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

SubjectAuthor
* Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
`* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10wasbit
 +* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
 |`* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10VanguardLH
 | `- Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
 `* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10wasbit
  +* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
  |+* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10wasbit
  ||`- Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
  |`* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10wasbit
  | `* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
  |  `* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10Allan Higdon
  |   `* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
  |    `* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
  |     `* Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10Allan Higdon
  |      `- Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10John C.
  `- Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10wasbit

1
Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uu3is7$3hfos$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20566&group=alt.comp.freeware#20566

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 04:04:38 -0700
 by: John C. - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 11:04 UTC

As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.

Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:

https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel

Just used it and it works perfectly.

Oh yeah, I also rand the download through Virustotal before running it:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/47829677492956ec4c98996569e2c27224d990f3994d44a62b1743ba4c697b49

0 out of 71.

Why would I be interested in this kind of thing? Well, to be honest,
hell froze over and I finally updated my main computer to the hated
Windows 10.

It sucks, but what are you going to do other than go with some Linux distro.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uu62va$7fug$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20574&group=alt.comp.freeware#20574

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 09:51:38 +0000
 by: wasbit - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 09:51 UTC

On 28/03/2024 11:04, John C. wrote:
> As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
> users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
> colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.
>
> Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:
>
> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel
>
> Just used it and it works perfectly.
>
> Oh yeah, I also rand the download through Virustotal before running it:
>
> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/47829677492956ec4c98996569e2c27224d990f3994d44a62b1743ba4c697b49
>
> 0 out of 71.
>
> Why would I be interested in this kind of thing? Well, to be honest,
> hell froze over and I finally updated my main computer to the hated
> Windows 10.
>
> It sucks, but what are you going to do other than go with some Linux distro.

Thanks John.

Lots of new programmes added since I last visited
- https://www.wintools.info/index.php/download

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uu96mk$11bm8$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20606&group=alt.comp.freeware#20606

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 07:13:39 -0700
 by: John C. - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:13 UTC

wasbit wrote:
> On 28/03/2024 11:04, John C. wrote:
>> As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
>> users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
>> colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.
>>
>> Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:
>>
>> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel
>>
>> Just used it and it works perfectly.
>>
>> Oh yeah, I also rand the download through Virustotal before running it:
>>
>> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/47829677492956ec4c98996569e2c27224d990f3994d44a62b1743ba4c697b49
>>
>> 0 out of 71.
>>
>> Why would I be interested in this kind of thing? Well, to be honest,
>> hell froze over and I finally updated my main computer to the hated
>> Windows 10.
>>
>> It sucks, but what are you going to do other than go with some Linux
>> distro.
>>

> Thanks John.
>
> Lots of new programmes added since I last visited
>  - https://www.wintools.info/index.php/download

PS. Turns out that the program I found only works until you log out and
back on, at which point all of the changes you made are lost.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<iipjnxhpjqui$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20614&group=alt.comp.freeware#20614

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 13:27:15 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 18:27 UTC

"John C." <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> John C. wrote:
>
>> As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
>> users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
>> colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.
>>
>> Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:
>> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel
>
> PS. Turns out that the program I found only works until you log out and
> back on, at which point all of the changes you made are lost.

This is not freeware. 30-day trial, $9.95 to prevent crippling. See:

https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel-activation

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uubusp$1rsej$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20633&group=alt.comp.freeware#20633

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:18:47 -0700
 by: John C. - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 15:18 UTC

VanguardLH wrote:
> "John C." <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> John C. wrote:
>>
>>> As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
>>> users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
>>> colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.
>>>
>>> Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:
>>> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel
>>
>> PS. Turns out that the program I found only works until you log out and
>> back on, at which point all of the changes you made are lost.
>
> This is not freeware. 30-day trial, $9.95 to prevent crippling. See:
>
> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel-activation

Thanks for letting me know. From the direction I came in to find it, it
was easy to miss. And they want $17.95 for three years of use! They can
go fuck themselves.

Thanks again very much for pointing this out, VanguardLH.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uuj9cq$3rpgq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20681&group=alt.comp.freeware#20681

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 11:00:57 +0100
 by: wasbit - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 10:00 UTC

On 29/03/2024 09:51, wasbit wrote:
> On 28/03/2024 11:04, John C. wrote:
>> As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
>> users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
>> colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.
>>
>> Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:
>>
>> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel
>>
>> Just used it and it works perfectly.
>>
>> Oh yeah, I also rand the download through Virustotal before running it:
>>
>> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/47829677492956ec4c98996569e2c27224d990f3994d44a62b1743ba4c697b49
>>

>> 0 out of 71.
>>
>> Why would I be interested in this kind of thing? Well, to be honest,
>> hell froze over and I finally updated my main computer to the hated
>> Windows 10.
>>
>> It sucks, but what are you going to do other than go with some Linux
>> distro.
>>

> Thanks John.
>
> Lots of new programmes added since I last visited
>  - https://www.wintools.info/index.php/download

Thanks to VanguardLH for pointing out that not all Wintools programmes
are free.

The following are stated as being so:
AddLEDs
Classic Auto Login
Classic Power Off
Desktop Icon Spacing
Dual Monitor Auto Mouse Lock (DMAML)
Easy Dark Mode
Extended GodMode
Firefox Download Tool (no longer developed)
Integrity Downloader
MyProcesses
MyResources
NetGraph
OS Detect (no longer developed)
Precise CPU Stress
Resource Progress Bar (no longer developed)
Restart and Monitor explorer.exe
Start Everywhere
Tabbed Explorer
UpToDate Downloader
Win10 All Settings
Windows 10 ISO Download Tool (no longer developed)
Windows Key Viewer

----
Commercial - require activation after 30 days:

Advanced System Font Changer
Classic Color Panel
Simple System Font Changer
System Font Bold
System Font Size Changer
URL Blocker

-----
Waiting for clarification from the author on the following:

Easy Invert
Easy Window Invert
Explorer Commander

Black NotePad - minor limitations

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uujgru$3tgia$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20686&group=alt.comp.freeware#20686

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 05:08:30 -0700
 by: John C. - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 12:08 UTC

wasbit wrote:
> On 29/03/2024 09:51, wasbit wrote:
>> On 28/03/2024 11:04, John C. wrote:
>>> As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
>>> users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
>>> colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.
>>>
>>> Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:
>>>
>>> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel
>>>
>>> Just used it and it works perfectly.
>>>
>>> Oh yeah, I also rand the download through Virustotal before running it:
>>>
>>> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/47829677492956ec4c98996569e2c27224d990f3994d44a62b1743ba4c697b49
>>>
>>> 0 out of 71.
>>>
>>> Why would I be interested in this kind of thing? Well, to be honest,
>>> hell froze over and I finally updated my main computer to the hated
>>> Windows 10.
>>>
>>> It sucks, but what are you going to do other than go with some Linux
>>> distro.
>>>

>> Thanks John.
>>
>> Lots of new programmes added since I last visited
>>   - https://www.wintools.info/index.php/download
>>

> Thanks to VanguardLH for pointing out that not all Wintools programmes
> are free.
>
> The following are stated as being so:
> AddLEDs
> Classic Auto Login
> Classic Power Off
> Desktop Icon Spacing
> Dual Monitor Auto Mouse Lock (DMAML)
> Easy Dark Mode
> Extended GodMode
> Firefox Download Tool (no longer developed)
> Integrity Downloader
> MyProcesses
> MyResources
> NetGraph
> OS Detect (no longer developed)
> Precise CPU Stress
> Resource Progress Bar (no longer developed)
> Restart and Monitor explorer.exe
> Start Everywhere
> Tabbed Explorer
> UpToDate Downloader
> Win10 All Settings
> Windows 10 ISO Download Tool (no longer developed)
> Windows Key Viewer
>
> ----
> Commercial - require activation after 30 days:
>
> Advanced System Font Changer
> Classic Color Panel
> Simple System Font Changer
> System Font Bold
> System Font Size Changer
> URL Blocker
>
> -----
> Waiting for clarification from the author on the following:
>
> Easy Invert
> Easy Window Invert
> Explorer Commander
>
> Black NotePad - minor limitations

Thanks for that, Wasbit. Good to know that all of their stuff isn't $ware.

And while we're on this subject, do you know of any freeware that will
restore the ability to have more control over the W10 UI color scheme?
The limited amount of control I have at this point is destroying my eyes.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uulpbg$hu5k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20690&group=alt.comp.freeware#20690

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 09:45:36 +0100
 by: wasbit - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 08:45 UTC

On 03/04/2024 13:08, John C. wrote:
> wasbit wrote:
>snip <
>
> And while we're on this subject, do you know of any freeware that will
> restore the ability to have more control over the W10 UI color scheme?
> The limited amount of control I have at this point is destroying my eyes.

Sorry, no.

Although I can triple boot into windows 8.1, 10 & 11 I only use Windows 8.1.

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uulsb5$ikj4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20691&group=alt.comp.freeware#20691

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 10:36:39 +0100
 by: wasbit - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 09:36 UTC

On 03/04/2024 13:08, John C. wrote:
> wasbit wrote:
>> snip <<
>
> And while we're on this subject, do you know of any freeware that will
> restore the ability to have more control over the W10 UI color scheme?
> The limited amount of control I have at this point is destroying my eyes.

Does this help?

-
https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-open-color-and-appearance-in-windows-10/

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uum636$l2d8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20693&group=alt.comp.freeware#20693

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 05:23:01 -0700
 by: John C. - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 12:23 UTC

wasbit wrote:
> On 03/04/2024 13:08, John C. wrote:
>> wasbit wrote:
>> snip <
>>
>> And while we're on this subject, do you know of any freeware that will
>> restore the ability to have more control over the W10 UI color scheme?
>> The limited amount of control I have at this point is destroying my eyes.
>>
> Sorry, no.
>
> Although I can triple boot into windows 8.1, 10 & 11 I only use Windows
> 8.1.

Heh. I hear you. I'm thinking about blanking one of my hard drives and
reinstalling 7 on it. I lost the ability to use my beloved Canon scanner
when I updated to W10. And with each passing day since I made this
grievous mistake, I become more and more convinced what a large piece of
spyware W10 is.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uum6t7$l92k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20694&group=alt.comp.freeware#20694

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 05:36:52 -0700
 by: John C. - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 12:36 UTC

wasbit wrote:
> John C. wrote:
>> wasbit wrote:
>>> snip <<
>>
>> And while we're on this subject, do you know of any freeware that will
>> restore the ability to have more control over the W10 UI color scheme?
>> The limited amount of control I have at this point is destroying my eyes.
>>
> Does this help?
>
>  -
> https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-open-color-and-appearance-in-windows-10/

Thanks for that, but I'm afraid it doesn't help. I long for the fine
control that W7's "Advanced Appearance" screen afforded:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/Ssb4M.png

Microsoft really blew it when they took this feature away.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<op.2lq18dbi1svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20698&group=alt.comp.freeware#20698

From: allanh@vivaldi.net (Allan Higdon)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 05:03:39 -0500
 by: Allan Higdon - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 10:03 UTC

On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 07:36:52 -0500, John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> wasbit wrote:
>> John C. wrote:
>>>
>>> And while we're on this subject, do you know of any freeware that will
>>> restore the ability to have more control over the W10 UI color scheme?
>>> The limited amount of control I have at this point is destroying my eyes.
>>>
>> Does this help?
>>
>> -
>> https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-open-color-and-appearance-in-windows-10/
>
> Thanks for that, but I'm afraid it doesn't help. I long for the fine
> control that W7's "Advanced Appearance" screen afforded:
>
> https://i.stack.imgur.com/Ssb4M.png
>
> Microsoft really blew it when they took this feature away.

There are several threads about the Windows 7 Color and Appearance setting on Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com).
A post in https://www.tenforums.com/customization/159323-win7-colour-appearance-text-control-within-win10-display-text.html,
refers to a program called SMACC that may offer some help.
It can be found at https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/SMACC/releases/
The download is a small .MSI installer.
The last post of that thread refers to an applet, but you have to have an account on that forum to download it, if the download still works.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uuou6p$1d3ah$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20702&group=alt.comp.freeware#20702

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 06:26:47 -0700
 by: John C. - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 13:26 UTC

Allan Higdon wrote:
> John C. wrote:
>> wasbit wrote:

>>> Does this help?
>>>
>>>  -
>>> https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-open-color-and-appearance-in-windows-10/
>>
>> Thanks for that, but I'm afraid it doesn't help. I long for the fine
>> control that W7's "Advanced Appearance" screen afforded:
>>
>> https://i.stack.imgur.com/Ssb4M.png
>>
>> Microsoft really blew it when they took this feature away.
>
> There are several threads about the Windows 7 Color and Appearance
> setting on Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com).
> A post in
> https://www.tenforums.com/customization/159323-win7-colour-appearance-text-control-within-win10-display-text.html,
> refers to a program called SMACC that may offer some help.
> It can be found at https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/SMACC/releases/
> The download is a small .MSI installer.
> The last post of that thread refers to an applet, but you have to have
> an account on that forum to download it, if the download still works.

Thanks very much, Allan. Just downloaded it and I'll check it out.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uur32f$208ni$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20709&group=alt.comp.freeware#20709

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 10:02:06 +0100
 by: wasbit - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 09:02 UTC

On 03/04/2024 11:00, wasbit wrote:
> On 29/03/2024 09:51, wasbit wrote:
>> On 28/03/2024 11:04, John C. wrote:
>>> As a result of the ongoing feature loss Microsoft is imposing on end
>>> users with every new version of Windows, the ability to control the UI
>>> colors in Windows 10 completely sucks.
>>>
>>> Toe get around this problem, I found this neat little utility:
>>>
>>> https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel
>>>
>>> Just used it and it works perfectly.
>>>
>>> Oh yeah, I also rand the download through Virustotal before running it:
>>>
>>> https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/47829677492956ec4c98996569e2c27224d990f3994d44a62b1743ba4c697b49
>>>

>>> 0 out of 71.
>>>
>>> Why would I be interested in this kind of thing? Well, to be honest,
>>> hell froze over and I finally updated my main computer to the hated
>>> Windows 10.
>>>
>>> It sucks, but what are you going to do other than go with some Linux
>>> distro.
>>>

>> Thanks John.
>>
>> Lots of new programmes added since I last visited
>>   - https://www.wintools.info/index.php/download
>>

> Thanks to VanguardLH for pointing out that not all Wintools programmes
> are free.
>
> The following are stated as being so:
> AddLEDs
> Classic Auto Login
> Classic Power Off
> Desktop Icon Spacing
> Dual Monitor Auto Mouse Lock (DMAML)
> Easy Dark Mode
> Extended GodMode
> Firefox Download Tool (no longer developed)
> Integrity Downloader
> MyProcesses
> MyResources
> NetGraph
> OS Detect (no longer developed)
> Precise CPU Stress
> Resource Progress Bar (no longer developed)
> Restart and Monitor explorer.exe
> Start Everywhere
> Tabbed Explorer
> UpToDate Downloader
> Win10 All Settings
> Windows 10 ISO Download Tool (no longer developed)
> Windows Key Viewer
>
> ----
> Commercial - require activation after 30 days:
>
> Advanced System Font Changer
> Classic Color Panel
> Simple System Font Changer
> System Font Bold
> System Font Size Changer
> URL Blocker
>
> -----
> Waiting for clarification from the author on the following:
>
> Easy Invert
> Easy Window Invert
> Explorer Commander
>
> Black NotePad - minor limitations

Update: Reply from the author that Easy Invert ;Easy Window Invert &
Explorer Commander require activation after 30 days.

I also asked about the minor limitations applied to Black Notepad after
30 days but he never mentioned them in his reply.

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uur769$215v9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20712&group=alt.comp.freeware#20712

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 03:12:21 -0700
 by: John C. - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 10:12 UTC

John C. wrote:
> Allan Higdon wrote:
>> John C. wrote:

>>> Thanks for that, but I'm afraid it doesn't help. I long for the fine
>>> control that W7's "Advanced Appearance" screen afforded:
>>>
>>> https://i.stack.imgur.com/Ssb4M.png
>>>
>>> Microsoft really blew it when they took this feature away.
>>
>> There are several threads about the Windows 7 Color and Appearance
>> setting on Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com).
>> A post in
>> https://www.tenforums.com/customization/159323-win7-colour-appearance-text-control-within-win10-display-text.html,
>> refers to a program called SMACC that may offer some help.
>> It can be found at https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/SMACC/releases/
>> The download is a small .MSI installer.

Haven't installed it yet because I'm very cautious at this point about
conflicts with other programs (eg. Open Shell) and also because at this
point, I don't have a good program which can monitor installs and
completely remove a program if it doesn't work out (ALA "Total Install".)

>> The last post of that thread refers to an applet, but you have to have
>> an account on that forum to download it, if the download still works.

That would be the DeskC.zip file by Clasurol. It might be exactly what
I'm looking for, but registering for the Tenforums website requires that
I agree to several terms -many of which I like, but some of which I
refuse to agree to. Also, because the file looks like either a hacked or
reverse-engineered version of a Microsoft Windows module, it might not
be a good idea to obtain and use it.

> Thanks very much, Allan. Just downloaded it and I'll check it out.

At some point, I'll check out SMACC though. Thanks again for your help,
Allan.

--
John C. No ad, CD, cripple, demo, nag, pay, pirated, share, spy,
time-limited, trial or web wares for me please.

So that I don't see them, I filter out crossposts (messages sent to
multiple newsgroups at a time) and from various trolls (like "Bill
Bennett".)
If you do the same, the group will be easier for you to read.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<op.2lsxpwlb1svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20714&group=alt.comp.freeware#20714

From: allanh@vivaldi.net (Allan Higdon)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 05:21:22 -0500
 by: Allan Higdon - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 10:21 UTC

On Sat, 06 Apr 2024 05:12:21 -0500, John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> John C. wrote:
>> Allan Higdon wrote:

>>> There are several threads about the Windows 7 Color and Appearance
>>> setting on Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com).
>>> A post in
>>> https://www.tenforums.com/customization/159323-win7-colour-appearance-text-control-within-win10-display-text.html,
>>> refers to a program called SMACC that may offer some help.
>>> It can be found at https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/SMACC/releases/
>>> The download is a small .MSI installer.
>
> Haven't installed it yet because I'm very cautious at this point about
> conflicts with other programs (eg. Open Shell) and also because at this
> point, I don't have a good program which can monitor installs and
> completely remove a program if it doesn't work out (ALA "Total Install".)

I noticed that Universal Extractor could extract the files from the .MSI installer.
The program did start up for me after I did that.

>>> The last post of that thread refers to an applet, but you have to have
>>> an account on that forum to download it, if the download still works.
>
> That would be the DeskC.zip file by Clasurol. It might be exactly what
> I'm looking for, but registering for the Tenforums website requires that
> I agree to several terms -many of which I like, but some of which I
> refuse to agree to. Also, because the file looks like either a hacked or
> reverse-engineered version of a Microsoft Windows module, it might not
> be a good idea to obtain and use it.
>
>> Thanks very much, Allan. Just downloaded it and I'll check it out.
>
> At some point, I'll check out SMACC though. Thanks again for your help,
> Allan.

Re: Classic Color Panel for Windows 10

<uurbo2$2264v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20715&group=alt.comp.freeware#20715

From: r9jmg0@yahoo.com (John C.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 04:30:06 -0700
 by: John C. - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 11:30 UTC

Allan Higdon wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Apr 2024 05:12:21 -0500, John C. <r9jmg0@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> John C. wrote:

>> Haven't installed it yet because I'm very cautious at this point about
>> conflicts with other programs (eg. Open Shell) and also because at this
>> point, I don't have a good program which can monitor installs and
>> completely remove a program if it doesn't work out (ALA "Total Install".)
>>

> I noticed that Universal Extractor could extract the files from the .MSI
> installer.
> The program did start up for me after I did that.

Thanks, Allan. I'll give that a try. And coincidentally, I just updated
my copy of Universal Extractor to this:

https://github.com/Bioruebe/UniExtract2