From: reinhard.skarbal@aon.at (Reinhard Skarbal)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Q : audio-to-txt : recommendation
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 23:23:43 +0200
 by: Reinhard Skarbal - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 21:23 UTC

Hi !

Can somebody recommend a SW for windows-11 for converting
an audio-file (e.g. mp3) to a simple text-file ?

Regards
Reinhard

Re: Q : audio-to-txt : recommendation

<15vn0cktltrii.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20726&group=alt.comp.freeware#20726

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: Q : audio-to-txt : recommendation
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:02:34 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 23:02 UTC

Reinhard Skarbal <reinhard.skarbal@aon.at> wrote:

> Can somebody recommend a SW for windows-11 for converting an
> audio-file (e.g. mp3) to a simple text-file ?

You are looking for software that can convert audio music into sheet
music?

Or looking to convert speech (assuming no other noise to interfere with
speech, or to extract lyrics from music) into text? While not an
elegant solution, you could you play the speech file from your
computer's speakers while holding your smart phone near the speakers to
use its speech-to-text feature.

If using an online service is not wholly distasteful to you, there are
online speech-to-text transcription services, like:

https://www.descript.com/tools/speech-to-text
(1 hour per month quota with free account)

Google Docs
(open a new document, use Tools -> Voice Copying with your mic)

Windows 10+ includes Speech. Enter "speech" in the Start menu, or run:

%windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX -Startup

which you can add in a shortcut for a handy startup link.

Re: Q : audio-to-txt : recommendation

<MPG.407dc5b0dbcca677989689@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20729&group=alt.comp.freeware#20729

From: reinhard.skarbal@aon.at (Reinhard Skarbal)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 16:50:47 +0200
 by: Reinhard Skarbal - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 14:50 UTC

In article <15vn0cktltrii.dlg@v.nguard.lh>, V@nguard.LH
says...
> Subject: Re: Q : audio-to-txt : recommendation
> From: VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
>
> Reinhard Skarbal <reinhard.skarbal@aon.at> wrote:
>
> > Can somebody recommend a SW for windows-11 for converting an
> > audio-file (e.g. mp3) to a simple text-file ?
>
> You are looking for software that can convert audio music into sheet
> music?
>
> Or looking to convert speech (assuming no other noise to interfere with
> speech, or to extract lyrics from music) into text? While not an
> elegant solution, you could you play the speech file from your
> computer's speakers while holding your smart phone near the speakers to
> use its speech-to-text feature.
>
> If using an online service is not wholly distasteful to you, there are
> online speech-to-text transcription services, like:
>
> https://www.descript.com/tools/speech-to-text
> (1 hour per month quota with free account)
>
> Google Docs
> (open a new document, use Tools -> Voice Copying with your mic)
>
> Windows 10+ includes Speech. Enter "speech" in the Start menu, or run:
>
> %windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX -Startup
>
> which you can add in a shortcut for a handy startup link.

Hi !

Thank you for your answer.

I should be more precise :
I'm looking for a freeware to transcripe a lecture (e.g.
german or english) (recorded as wav- or mp3-file)
into a simple text-file (*.txt)
There are an online service on otter.ai
but this service is free only for short lectures.

Thank you for your help.
Regards Reinhard