From: allanh@vivaldi.net (Allan Higdon)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: PDFgear
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 19:53:48 +0000
 by: Allan Higdon - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 19:53 UTC

"PDFgear is a powerful software for working with PDF files. It offers a wide range of features, including easy viewing, chatting, marking up, modifying, converting, OCR, and managing PDF files.

What sets PDFgear apart is its Copilot feature, powered by ChatGPT, which makes your documents intelligent and simplifies actions on them through communication with the PDF Chatbot.

Regardless of the complexity and length of your PDFs, PDFgear can precisely extract the condensed information you need. With Copilot as your personal assistant, you can easily convert, print, compress, and perform other tasks on your PDF files.

Moreover, PDFgear is user-friendly, requiring no advanced skills. It’s the ideal tool for anyone needing to manage and modify PDF documents, offering advanced features and an intuitive design."

Home Page
https://www.pdfgear.com/

"In the future, most features will remain free, but there will be a fee for some advanced options. Paid options may include AI-driven tools requiring cloud computing and special PDF conversion features.

We’re committed to transparent and affordable pricing. Before introducing any paid features, we’ll ensure users have all the necessary information to see that the pricing is fair and competitive.

However, charging for advanced features is still under consideration, the timeline has not been set yet."

https://www.pdfgear.com/insights/is-pdfgear-free.htm

I don't know what others think about the chatting feature, but PDFgear looks very similar to PDF24 Creator.