From: allanh@vivaldi.net (Allan Higdon)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: LightBulb
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:41:00 -0500
 by: Allan Higdon - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:41 UTC

"LightBulb is a small application that can help reduce eye strain at night by automatically adjusting your display gamma levels based on current time of day.

The program uses color temperature profiles to determine channel output levels for day and night and applies smooth transitions between them at sunrise and sunset.

You can adjust the temperature values for daytime and nighttime based on your preference and also customize the transition duration and preview your settings with a simulated 24-hour preview.

LightBulb automatically uses sunrise and sunset times based on your location but these settings can also be customized if needed."

https://www.snapfiles.com/get/lightbulb.html

Updated to Version 2.4.12
Portable Version Available

Home Page
https://github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb/

Release Notes
https://github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb/releases/latest

Re: LightBulb

<MPG.408c632a9c24588998988a@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20827&group=alt.comp.freeware#20827

From: oenvafgbez.lhuyre@znvyahyy.invalid (Yuhler Speertraeger)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: LightBulb
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:17:55 -0300
 by: Yuhler Speertraeger - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:17 UTC

On article <op.2mg6uma91svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>, Allan Higdon
wrote (at least in part):

> "LightBulb is a small application that can help reduce eye strain at night by automatically adjusting your display gamma levels based on current time of day.
>
> The program uses color temperature profiles to determine channel output levels for day and night and applies smooth transitions between them at sunrise and sunset.
>
> You can adjust the temperature values for daytime and nighttime based on your preference and also customize the transition duration and preview your settings with a simulated 24-hour preview.
>
> LightBulb automatically uses sunrise and sunset times based on your location but these settings can also be customized if needed."
>
> https://www.snapfiles.com/get/lightbulb.html
>
> Updated to Version 2.4.12
> Portable Version Available
>
> Home Page
> https://github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb/
>
> Release Notes
> https://github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb/releases/latest

Seems to be similar to f.lux I've been using for ages.

https://justgetflux.com/

--
Best,
Yuhler

Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(

Re: LightBulb

<op.2mhd92bx1svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=20828&group=alt.comp.freeware#20828

From: allanh@vivaldi.net (Allan Higdon)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:21:28 -0500
 by: Allan Higdon - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:21 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:17:55 -0500, Yuhler Speertraeger <oenvafgbez.lhuyre@znvyahyy.invalid> wrote:

> On article <op.2mg6uma91svx94@bedroom-pc.attlocal.net>, Allan Higdon
> wrote (at least in part):
>

>> "LightBulb is a small application that can help reduce eye strain at night by automatically adjusting your display gamma levels based on current time of day.
>>
>> The program uses color temperature profiles to determine channel output levels for day and night and applies smooth transitions between them at sunrise and sunset.
>>
>> You can adjust the temperature values for daytime and nighttime based on your preference and also customize the transition duration and preview your settings with a simulated 24-hour preview.
>>
>> LightBulb automatically uses sunrise and sunset times based on your location but these settings can also be customized if needed."
>>
>> https://www.snapfiles.com/get/lightbulb.html
>>
>> Updated to Version 2.4.12
>> Portable Version Available
>>
>> Home Page
>> https://github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb/
>>
>> Release Notes
>> https://github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb/releases/latest
>
> Seems to be similar to f.lux I've been using for ages.
>
> https://justgetflux.com/

I found out about f.lux a couple of months ago.
There is a Portable version of LightBulb, for those who prefer that.