Though I'll admit readability suffers slightly... -- Larry Wall in <2969@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: ruling out

SubjectAuthor
* ruling outRick Smith
`* Re: ruling outg00r00
 +* ruling outRick Smith
 |+* ruling outMike Fenton
 ||`- ruling outRick Smith
 |`* Re: ruling outg00r00
 | +* ruling outRick Smith
 | |+* Re: ruling outAl DeRosa
 | ||`* Re: ruling outRyan Fantus
 | || `- Re: ruling outAl DeRosa
 | |`* Re: ruling outAlisha Stutz
 | | +- Re: ruling outAl DeRosa
 | | +- ruling outRick Smith
 | | +* Re: ruling outPaul Hayton
 | | |+- ruling outMike Fenton
 | | |`* Re: ruling outg00r00
 | | | `* Re: ruling outPaul Hayton
 | | |  `- Re: ruling outg00r00
 | | `- Re: ruling outg00r00
 | `- ruling outRick Smith
 `- ruling outRick Smith

1
ruling out

<1672409812@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2047&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2047

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: ruling out
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 06:14:46 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 17:14 UTC

Greetings All!

I decided a brand new VM with ubuntu, fresh install mystic and worked as
expected, copied over my working mystic bbs minus executables and I get the
errors from previous message. So has to be something in the working dir when
copied that crashes it? I did verify that my working mystic bbs is the same
version as the fresh install just different platforms.

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... TAGLINE A BBS addict is hooked when: you consider BBSing better than
chocolat

Re: ruling out

<889421080@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2056&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2056

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: ruling out
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 21:36:56 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 08:36 UTC

RS> I decided a brand new VM with ubuntu, fresh install mystic and worked as
RS> expected, copied over my working mystic bbs minus executables and I get
RS> the errors from previous message. So has to be something in the working

I would suggest that you do the install fresh as you mentioned, and then try
copying over things slowly to see when it breaks. It could be that there is a
"Pi" executable still there.

Another possible issue is that your paths in your old configuration do not much
the paths in your new configuration. If they are not identical, then you'd
have to try to find all the places in the configuration and change them to the
correct locations.

Also do you see anything in the log files when you try to run it? Or anything
in the errors.log?

.... Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about

ruling out

<1672465606@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2064&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2064

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 21:40:58 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 08:40 UTC

Greetings g00r00!

Friday December 30 2022 21:36, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:

gr> * Forwarded from area 'MYSTIC'
RS>> I decided a brand new VM with ubuntu, fresh install mystic and
RS>> worked as expected, copied over my working mystic bbs minus
RS>> executables and I get the errors from previous message. So has
RS>> to be something in the working

gr> I would suggest that you do the install fresh as you mentioned, and
gr> then try copying over things slowly to see when it breaks. It could
gr> be that there is a "Pi" executable still there.

gr> Another possible issue is that your paths in your old configuration do
gr> not much the paths in your new configuration. If they are not
gr> identical, then you'd have to try to find all the places in the
gr> configuration and change them to the correct locations.

gr> Also do you see anything in the log files when you try to run it? Or
gr> anything in the errors.log?

I do not see anything in the logs.. The paths should be the same /mystic I can
now get mystic -cfg to work (turned out I did have a couple pi executables
remain qwkpoll and couple others, took care of that did a whole fresh install
on a new ubuntu machine.

now when I run ./mystic -l I simply get a blank screen that just says "busy"
and have to ctrl c to get prompt back. ./mis starts and runs and appears fine.
Not sure what to check next to be honest. I can start another vm and try again
but I am pretty sure thats the definition of insanity! lol

Thank you for your help

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... To go where no man has gone before... BBSing!

ruling out

<1672465691@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2065&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2065

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 21:47:40 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 08:47 UTC

Greetings g00r00!

Friday December 30 2022 21:36, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:

gr> * Forwarded from area 'MYSTIC'
RS>> I decided a brand new VM with ubuntu, fresh install mystic and
RS>> worked as expected, copied over my working mystic bbs minus
RS>> executables and I get the errors from previous message. So has
RS>> to be something in the working

gr> I would suggest that you do the install fresh as you mentioned, and
gr> then try copying over things slowly to see when it breaks. It could
gr> be that there is a "Pi" executable still there.

gr> Another possible issue is that your paths in your old configuration do
gr> not much the paths in your new configuration. If they are not
gr> identical, then you'd have to try to find all the places in the
gr> configuration and change them to the correct locations.

sorry hear is the output of node0.log

2022.12.30 21:42:22 BUSY

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... BBSing time's blackhole.

ruling out

<2050360501@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2066&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2066

From: nospam.Mike.Fenton@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike Fenton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 05:35:02 +1300
 by: Mike Fenton - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:35 UTC

On 30 Dec 2022, Rick Smith said the following...
RS> Greetings g00r00!
RS>
RS> Friday December 30 2022 21:36, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:
RS>
RS> gr> * Forwarded from area 'MYSTIC'
RS> RS>> I decided a brand new VM with ubuntu, fresh install mystic and
RS> RS>> worked as expected, copied over my working mystic bbs minus
RS> RS>> executables and I get the errors from previous message. So has
RS> RS>> to be something in the working
RS>
RS> gr> I would suggest that you do the install fresh as you mentioned, and
RS> gr> then try copying over things slowly to see when it breaks. It could
RS> gr> be that there is a "Pi" executable still there.
RS>
RS> gr> Another possible issue is that your paths in your old configuration d
RS> gr> not much the paths in your new configuration. If they are not
RS> gr> identical, then you'd have to try to find all the places in the
RS> gr> configuration and change them to the correct locations.
RS>
RS> gr> Also do you see anything in the log files when you try to run it? Or
RS> gr> anything in the errors.log?
RS>
RS> I do not see anything in the logs.. The paths should be the same /mystic
RS> I can now get mystic -cfg to work (turned out I did have a couple pi
RS> executables remain qwkpoll and couple others, took care of that did a
RS> whole fresh install on a new ubuntu machine.
RS>
RS> now when I run ./mystic -l I simply get a blank screen that just says
RS> "busy" and have to ctrl c to get prompt back. ./mis starts and runs and
RS> appears fine. Not sure what to check next to be honest. I can start
RS> another vm and try again but I am pretty sure thats the definition of
RS> insanity! lol
RS>
RS> Thank you for your help

Delete the .bsy files under the Semaphore directory.

.... Electricity is really just organized lightning.

ruling out

<1672492544@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2067&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2067

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 05:15:12 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:15 UTC

Greetings Mike!

Saturday December 31 2022 05:35, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:

MF> * Forwarded from area 'MYSTIC'
MF> On 30 Dec 2022, Rick Smith said the following...

RS>> Greetings g00r00!
RS>>
RS>> Friday December 30 2022 21:36, you wrote to me about an urgent
RS>> matter!:
RS>>
RS>> gr> * Forwarded from area 'MYSTIC'
RS>> and

..bsy flag isnt it...

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... Life: The space between BBSing.

Re: ruling out

<3518150322@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2068&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2068

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 12:49:14 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 23:49 UTC

RS> I do not see anything in the logs.. The paths should be the same /mystic
RS> I can now get mystic -cfg to work (turned out I did have a couple pi
RS> executables remain qwkpoll and couple others, took care of that did a
RS> whole fresh install on a new ubuntu machine.
RS>
RS> now when I run ./mystic -l I simply get a blank screen that just says
RS> "busy" and have to ctrl c to get prompt back. ./mis starts and runs and
RS> appears fine. Not sure what to check next to be honest. I can start
RS> another vm and try again but I am pretty sure thats the definition of
RS> insanity! lol

That sounds like it could be access related and maybe a chown would help:

sudo chown -R bbsuser:bbsuser /mystic

You would replace "bbsuser" with whatever user/group that is running Mystic
BBS. If you don't know the user you can type "whoami" to see it and "groups"
to see a list of groups you're in. For example I login as "me" on my computer
so it would be:

sudo chown -R me:me /mystic

You might also want to go into /mystic/data/ and "rm chat*.dat". Afterwards do
a "ls -la chat*.dat" to make sure there are no chat files left.

.... Unzip... expand... What kind of pervert came up with this?

ruling out

<1672525316@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2069&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2069

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 14:17:38 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 01:17 UTC

Greetings g00r00!

Saturday December 31 2022 12:49, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:

gr> You might also want to go into /mystic/data/ and "rm chat*.dat".
gr> Afterwards do a "ls -la chat*.dat" to make sure there are no chat
gr> files left.

I think I figured it out, well possibly the cause anyhow. So I got it to where
stuff would start until I added the precompiled cryptlib.so from mysticbbs
download (from wiki) then I got the errors again. So I removed the file and
tried to compile it myself, a reminder I am running this on a ubuntu server vm
hosted on proxmox. When I tried to do the "make shared" to build cryptlib it
errors with;

cc: warning: ‘-mcpu=’ is deprecated; use ‘-mtune=’ or ‘-march=’
instead
cc1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
make[2]: *** [makefile:479: shared-obj/bn_asm.o] Error 1

I am running 64bit ubuntu but somehow it must not report that way to make?

Any thoughts?

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... TAGLINE A BBS addict is hooked when: you consider BBSing better than
chocolat

ruling out

<1672521653@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2070&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2070

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 13:17:44 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 00:17 UTC

Greetings g00r00!

Saturday December 31 2022 12:49, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:

gr> That sounds like it could be access related and maybe a chown would
gr> help:

gr> sudo chown -R bbsuser:bbsuser /mystic

This did fix it so that I could run ./mystic -l

I got my login screen I entered name and password and then this (which I could
not stop, had to close terminal)

+ e @/data/ 9@=JSE ( I did the best I could copying that it had symbols I
couldnt reproduce on my kb)

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... Recipes: the bumper stickers of BBSing.

Re: ruling out

<2146745931@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2071&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2071

From: nospam.Al.DeRosa@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 22:18:45 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 09:18 UTC

On 31 Dec 2022, Rick Smith said the following...

RS> I think I figured it out, well possibly the cause anyhow. So I got it
RS> to where stuff would start until I added the precompiled cryptlib.so
RS> from mysticbbs download (from wiki) then I got the errors again. So I
RS> removed the file and tried to compile it myself, a reminder I am running
RS> this on a ubuntu server vm hosted on proxmox. When I tried to do the
RS> "make shared" to build cryptlib it errors with;

Search Alisha Stutz and look for posts about cryptlib. There is docs on how to
assemble it so it will work fine with Mystic, the v3.5.4 I believe doesn't
assemble on Debian or Ubuntu for some reason and gives errors, what the go
around does is make you create it with an older version of GCC which lets you
assemble it then you change your version back to the latest version of GCC. It
works perfect as I was having issues with cyrptlib when I moved my BBS from
Windows to Debian a couple of months ago, once I did that work around the
cryptlib created worked perfect and solved issues I had with SSH and sending
the EMAIL/New User access password reset out..

If you have issues finding it I can probably cut and paste it here..

Al

|11 Bucko |14- |06Wrong Number Family Of BBS' |07- |03www.wrgnbr.com

.... Documentation: The worst part of programming.

Re: ruling out

<295001139@f113.n301.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2073&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2073

From: nospam.Alisha.Stutz@f113.n301.z2.fidonet.org (Alisha Stutz)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 08:06:04 +1300
 by: Alisha Stutz - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 19:06 UTC

Hi Rick,

As i write months ago, this is the only way for modern Debian/Ubuntu to work
with Cryptolib and Mystic BBS. Following my Steps and it works.

I hope g00r00 or Avon can update the Wiki for Mystic BBS with this instruction
f�r Ubuntu 22.04LTS

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install gcc-9 g++-9
sudo apt-get install zip unzip
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-9 9
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-9 9
wget http://www.mysticbbs.com/downloads/cl345.zip
mkdir cl345
cd cl345
unzip -ax ../cl345.zip
sudo make shared
sudo mv libcl.so.3.4.5 /usr/lib/libcl.so
sudo rm /mystic/data/ssl.cert
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-11 11
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-11 11
reboot the system

Best regards
Alisha

.... Documentation: The worst part of programming.

Re: ruling out

<3266666172@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2074&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2074

From: nospam.Al.DeRosa@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 07:48:46 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 18:48 UTC

On 01 Jan 2023, Alisha Stutz said the following...
AS> Hi Rick,
AS>
AS> As i write months ago, this is the only way for modern Debian/Ubuntu to
AS> work with Cryptolib and Mystic BBS. Following my Steps and it works.

And bam!! Just what I was talking about.. :) Thanks Alisha!!! This worked for
me like a charm a few months ago...

|11 Bucko |14- |06Wrong Number Family Of BBS' |07- |03www.wrgnbr.com

.... Just another prisoner of gravity!

ruling out

<1672593570@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2076&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2076

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 09:18:24 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 20:18 UTC

Greetings Alisha!

Sunday January 01 2023 08:06, you wrote to me about an urgent matter!:

AS> * Forwarded from area 'MYSTIC'
AS> Hi Rick,

AS> As i write months ago, this is the only way for modern Debian/Ubuntu
AS> to work with Cryptolib and Mystic BBS. Following my Steps and it
AS> works.

AS> I hope g00r00 or Avon can update the Wiki for Mystic BBS with this
AS> instruction fБr Ubuntu 22.04LTS

AS> sudo apt-get update
AS> sudo apt-get install build-essential
AS> sudo apt-get install gcc-9 g++-9
AS> sudo apt-get install zip unzip
AS> sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-9 9
AS> sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-9 9

Thank you this did work for me... Now I am just having python mismatch errors
so I need to sort that out and I think I am home free...

Happy New Year

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... TAGLINE A BBS addict is hooked when: you consider BBSing better than
chocolat

Re: ruling out

<4140909258@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2078&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2078

From: nospam.Paul.Hayton@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org (Paul Hayton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 13:08:24 +1300
 by: Paul Hayton - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 00:08 UTC

On 01 Jan 2023 at 08:06a, Alisha Stutz pondered and said...
AS> I hope g00r00 or Avon can update the Wiki for Mystic BBS with this
AS> instruction f�r Ubuntu 22.04LTS

I have added this information to the Cryptlib page on the Wiki until such time
as g00r00 deems it to be outdated. Many thanks for the instructions :)

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going'
avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

ruling out

<3257947275@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2079&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2079

From: nospam.Mike.Fenton@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike Fenton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 20:26:26 +1300
 by: Mike Fenton - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 07:26 UTC

PH> I have added this information to the Cryptlib page on the Wiki until
PH> such time as g00r00 deems it to be outdated. Many thanks for the
PH> instructions :)

Something to add, I find using SSH with Mystic the ansi's to be jaggedy when
scrolling through large ansis. Is it just me?

.... Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Re: ruling out

<3709960442@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2084&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2084

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 16:05:58 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 03:05 UTC

AS> I hope g00r00 or Avon can update the Wiki for Mystic BBS with this
AS> instruction f�r Ubuntu 22.04LTS

This is great thank you. I'll try to see about getting this updated tonight on
the Wiki with credits to you. If I forget for whatever reason, please remind
me!

.... The person who snores the loudest will fall asleep first

Re: ruling out

<4008126462@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2086&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2086

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 16:18:10 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 03:18 UTC

PH> AS> I hope g00r00 or Avon can update the Wiki for Mystic BBS with this
PH> AS> instruction f�r Ubuntu 22.04LTS
PH>
PH> I have added this information to the Cryptlib page on the Wiki until
PH> such time as g00r00 deems it to be outdated. Many thanks for the
PH> instructions :)

Awesome Paul, thank you!

.... That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature

Re: ruling out

<222507888@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2091&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2091

From: nospam.Paul.Hayton@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org (Paul Hayton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 15:46:21 +1300
 by: Paul Hayton - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 02:46 UTC

On 03 Jan 2023 at 04:18p, g00r00 pondered and said...
g0> Awesome Paul, thank you!

No prob, I've been working on updating the site with coming changes related to
A48... so when that drops it should hopefully be mostly up to date.

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going'
avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

Re: ruling out

<2638205699@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2093&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2093

From: nospam.Ryan.Fantus@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org (Ryan Fantus)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 21:07:39 +1300
 by: Ryan Fantus - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 08:07 UTC

AD> errors, what the go around does is make you create it with an older
AD> version of GCC which lets you assemble it then you change your version
AD> back to the latest version of GCC. It works perfect as I was having

Oh man, this sounds like a very risky and painful way to work around this
issue. If you or anyone else running into issues can post the link to the
cryptlib you're trying to build as well as the error message you get when
trying to build, I can help fix it. Please don't mess around with your gcc
installation :)

Re: ruling out

<2301622793@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2094&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2094

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 05:00:25 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 16:00 UTC

PH> g0> Awesome Paul, thank you!
PH>
PH> No prob, I've been working on updating the site with coming changes
PH> related to A48... so when that drops it should hopefully be mostly up to
PH> date.

Much appreciated!

.... Tech support is just a busy signal away

Re: ruling out

<1815946762@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2107&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2107

From: nospam.Al.DeRosa@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 20:18:04 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 07:18 UTC

On 01 Jan 2023, Ryan Fantus said the following...

RF> Oh man, this sounds like a very risky and painful way to work around this
RF> issue. If you or anyone else running into issues can post the link to the
RF> cryptlib you're trying to build as well as the error message you get when
RF> trying to build, I can help fix it. Please don't mess around with your
RF> gcc installation :)

Completely understand, I don't have a link handy but I know it is on the Mystic
Wiki. To be honest, I have a test bed which I do risky stuff like this on so as
to not break my main VM.. ;) So it didn't faze me.. ;) Thanks for the hit up...
:)