From: nospam.Dallas.Vinson@f256.n123.z1.fidonet.org (Dallas Vinson)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Permenant Message Flag
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 03:45:54 +1300
 by: Dallas Vinson - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:45 UTC

Is there a way to mark a message as Perm so it is protected from nightly maint?
If Not, can we maybe get it added to the next release or one coming up soonish?

Re: Permenant Message Flag

<3823167312@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2147&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2147

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Permenant Message Flag
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 09:28:07 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:28 UTC

DV> Is there a way to mark a message as Perm so it is protected from nightly
DV> maint? If Not, can we maybe get it added to the next release or one
DV> coming up soonish?

There isn't a way to mark a message as permanent at the moment.

I don't believe JAM message base format I use has a flag for this reserved. I
can make my own extension for you to do it, but it'll only work if you're using
MUTIL's message purge.

I'll see about getting this added sooner than later. It shouldn't be too
difficult to do.

.... This virus requires Microsoft Windows 3.x