From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: E-mail Hosting Service.
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 15:05:28 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 22:05 UTC

I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
started then.

Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
their own server, and dropped Godaddy

Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

Re: E-mail Hosting Service.

<MPG.3eed66e91f55dbdc990135@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2166&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2166

From: the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: E-mail Hosting Service.
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 17:42:50 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:42 UTC

On Fri, 09 Jun 2023 15:05:28 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
> newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
> had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
> please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

Fastmail.fm

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: E-mail Hosting Service.

<keipr0Fl50vU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2168&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2168

From: bob.henson@outlook.com (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 09:16:34 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 08:16 UTC

On 9.6.23 11:05 pm, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use my own e-mail address on my own domain. I get my e-mail service
> from Godaddy. Godaddy just switched
> to using Microsoft's Outlook365 server, and problems with Thunderbird
> started then.
>
> Perhaps my problem would go away if I switched to a different e-mail
> hosting service (using my own e-mail address on my own domain), using
> their own server, and dropped Godaddy
>
> Any recommendation for such a service? Somebody on Usenet (this
> newsgroup? I'm not sure) recommended one a few days ago. I thought I
> had saved it, but I can't find its name. If it was someone here,
> please repost it. I'd also like to see any other recommendations.

I don't suppose it matters which country it is based in so if you don't
mind the UK, I used to use these to host my domains in the days when I
had them :-

www.penguin-uk.com

I never had a moment's problem.

--
Bob,
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. — Mark Twain