From: nospam.IB.Joe@f200.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Mystic Environment
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:01:14 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 20:01 UTC

I'm going to attempt to setup doors once again with Mystic BBS... I have
attempted in the past, but failed... My fault I think... after some reflection.
:)

Does Mystic auto generate a node number environment veritable like Synchronet
(SBBSNODE) or Wildcat (WCNODEID) or do I just create my own on the fly in a
batch file?

Thanx

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... It said "insert disk #3", but only two will fit...

Re: Mystic Environment

<3698153154@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2175&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2175

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Mystic Environment
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 12:16:08 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 23:16 UTC

IJ> Does Mystic auto generate a node number environment veritable like
IJ> Synchronet (SBBSNODE) or Wildcat (WCNODEID) or do I just create my own
IJ> on the fly in a batch file?

No it doesn't set any environment variables. I've never found any reason to
need that.

When you are executing a door command you can use %N for the node number and %P
for the path to the door drop files. Mystic replaces those codes with the
values I metioned when it executes the command.

If you execute a batch file like this on a menu:

Command: DX
Data: c:\mystic\doors\mydoor.bat %N %P

Then in your mydoor.bat file the node number would be %1 and the path to the
door drop files would be %2 (because the first thing sent to the batch file was
the node number, and the second was the path to where the drop files like
door.sys exist).

.... Youth is glorious, but it isn't a career