From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Mystic on MacOS
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:07:06 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 01:07 UTC

RS> I am downloading via the BBS, not with FTP. 20 For doesn't have a date
RS> set in the QWK menu. I am trying to leave it 'broken' so paulie can see
RS> what is doing the next time I can catch him when we are both on the BBS.

Gotcha. There should be a set message date on the message menu and it works
for both QWK and your own BBS last read pointers.

Here is my theory:

When you download a QWK packet, Mystic starts at your last read message + 1.
When the last read was updated, it was setting it as last read + 1. When
Mystic's message base packer was packing everything, it found that the last
read message was an invalid message number and was resetting it to 0.

I do think its fixed in the "Paulie" build but we'll see. I didn't start with
a reproducable issue on my end so I can't be certain.

I've also switched to using a mixture of MultiMail QWK and online Mystic to see
if I can catch the "fixed" version doing the same stuff. I'll be packing the
message bases daily as well.

We'll get it sorted out and a new stable release out once its done and Paulie
confirms any issues he has regarding file bases is okay!

.... Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your trip in kilometers

Re: Mystic on MacOS

<675213440@f1.n770.z4598.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2189&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2189

From: nospam.Rick.Sanchez@f1.n770.z4598.fidonet.org (Rick Sanchez)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:44:00 +1300
 by: Rick Sanchez - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 05:44 UTC

-=> g00r00 wrote to Rick Sanchez <=-

g0> Gotcha. There should be a set message date on the message menu and it
g0> works for both QWK and your own BBS last read pointers.

g0> Here is my theory:

g0> When you download a QWK packet, Mystic starts at your last read message
g0> + 1. When the last read was updated, it was setting it as last read +
g0> 1. When Mystic's message base packer was packing everything, it found
g0> that the last read message was an invalid message number and was
g0> resetting it to 0.

g0> I do think its fixed in the "Paulie" build but we'll see. I didn't
g0> start with a reproducable issue on my end so I can't be certain.

g0> I've also switched to using a mixture of MultiMail QWK and online
g0> Mystic to see if I can catch the "fixed" version doing the same stuff.
g0> I'll be packing the message bases daily as well.

g0> We'll get it sorted out and a new stable release out once its done and
g0> Paulie confirms any issues he has regarding file bases is okay!

Your description of what you think is happening, does sound very plausible
and was what I was already suspecting was going on. I shall see what happens
over this next week or two on 20forbeers and see if it doesn't happen again
in about the same amount of time.
iNoNaMouSe
14.4kps From Your Local Victoria's Secret
.... Politicians cut red tape....LENGTHWISE
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52