From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Scanned Message Bases
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 11:09:52 +1300
 by: Mike Dippel - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 22:09 UTC

Is there any way to alphabetize the list of scanned message bases when a user
hits the Z key? I am using the option to auto add any new message bases and
hitting Z lists them in the order that they came in.

Seems it would be easier to navigate if they were in alphabetical order.

Mike Dippel

Scanned Message Bases

<3417901008@p3.f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2206&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2206

From: nospam.Alan.Ianson@p3.f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Ianson)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 08:40:40 +1300
 by: Alan Ianson - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 19:40 UTC

On 03 Feb 2023, Mike Dippel said the following...
MD> Is there any way to alphabetize the list of scanned message bases when a
MD> user hits the Z key? I am using the option to auto add any new message
MD> bases and hitting Z lists them in the order that they came in.

You can tag a range of message areas with the tab key in the message area
config, then pressing / will bring up a list of options, one of them is sort.

MD> Seems it would be easier to navigate if they were in alphabetical order.

Yes, I agree. Another option is the import a backbone.na or similar list of
areas with mutil.

Ttyl :-),
Al

.... Classic: A book which people praise but don't read. - Mark Twain

Re: Scanned Message Bases

<4237364952@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2208&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2208

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Scanned Message Bases
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 11:31:46 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 22:31 UTC

MD> Is there any way to alphabetize the list of scanned message bases when a
MD> user hits the Z key? I am using the option to auto add any new message
MD> bases and hitting Z lists them in the order that they came in.

You can go into the message base editor and select all bases or a range of
bases and perform sorting on them by base name, file name, or network address.

.... Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives

Re: Scanned Message Bases

<6757220@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2211&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2211

From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 17:38:46 +1300
 by: Mike Dippel - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 04:38 UTC

On 03 Feb 2023, Alan Ianson said the following...
AI> On 03 Feb 2023, Mike Dippel said the following...
AI>
AI> MD> Is there any way to alphabetize the list of scanned message bases whe
AI> MD> user hits the Z key? I am using the option to auto add any new messa
AI> MD> bases and hitting Z lists them in the order that they came in.
AI>
AI> You can tag a range of message areas with the tab key in the message area
AI> config, then pressing / will bring up a list of options, one of them is
AI> sort.
AI>
AI> MD> Seems it would be easier to navigate if they were in alphabetical ord
AI>
AI> Yes, I agree. Another option is the import a backbone.na or similar list
AI> of areas with mutil.
OK. I tried the mutil import option, but I can't figure it out. Where does
the .NA file have to reside for it to get imported?

In the [Import_FIDONET.NA] section, I inputted:
filename = fsxnet.na

netaddress = 21:1/100
acs_list = s10g1
acs_read = s10g1
acs_post = s20g1
acs_sysop = s255g1
header = msghead
read_template = ansimrd
index_template = ansimlst
max_msgs = 0
max_msgs_age = 365

so I could get fsxnet, but running mutil.ini, nothing inputted.

I need to do this for other nets as well.

Mike Dippel

Scanned Message Bases

<1671371899@p3.f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2212&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2212

From: nospam.Alan.Ianson@p3.f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Ianson)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 16:14:14 +1300
 by: Alan Ianson - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 03:14 UTC

On 03 Feb 2023, Mike Dippel said the following...
MD> OK. I tried the mutil import option, but I can't figure it out. Where
MD> does the .NA file have to reside for it to get imported?
MD>
MD> In the [Import_FIDONET.NA] section, I inputted:
MD> filename = fsxnet.na

That's the way I did it here. That file was in the /mystic directory.

I did that for DOVE-Net, fsxNet and Fidonet and they all imported fine here.

If you are setting up on linux case matters.

Ttyl :-),
Al

.... There will be a rain dance Friday night, weather permitting!

Re: Scanned Message Bases

<616163527@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2213&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2213

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 20:41:26 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 07:41 UTC

MD> OK. I tried the mutil import option, but I can't figure it out. Where
MD> does the .NA file have to reside for it to get imported?
MD>
MD> In the [Import_FIDONET.NA] section, I inputted:
MD> filename = fsxnet.na

It resides where you tell it to reside here. So you should put the directory
where you want it to be, otherwise if you just leave it as "fsxnet.na" it will
probably try to read it from the mystic directory.

.... A social life? Where can I download that!?