From: nospam.Nicola.Mettimano@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: No way to import pycurl
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 17:22:26 +1300
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 04:22 UTC

Hello, like the subject, i tried all; I put a file with only import pycurl
statemente and when i execute in Mystic with GZ it give me an error.
I also tried to run python from the cli adn after to digit import pycurl
and.... no errors so i think that is in some way a Mystic problem... ?
Any idea?
Thanks

The violence is the last refuge of the incompetent...

Re: No way to import pycurl

<3932555680@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2225&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2225

From: nospam.Nicola.Mettimano@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: No way to import pycurl
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 03:01:04 +1300
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 14:01 UTC

Hello, I am investigating more and i discovered that now Mystic don't import
any modules... it always gives me the python execution exception error but only
with python3.
Yesterday everything was working...
I am going crazy, I don't understand what happened, maybe I broke something but
I don't understand what :-(
Please help.

La violenza � l'ultimo rifugio degli incapaci!

Re: No way to import pycurl

<3866759507@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2226&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2226

From: nospam.Nicola.Mettimano@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 13:15:25 +1300
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 00:15 UTC

Ok, the problem is that Mystic don't remove/delete completely python2 field whe
I leave it blank then python2 is not "deactivated" so when i call a pyhton3
script mystic give me the execution exception error as a reported on Mystic
wiki using both version of python.
To tempoaly solve this issue i can give a wrong python2 lib path (like "." or
something like that) although a warning appear (Cannot initialize Python, press
a key) before execute pyhton3 script; but this way at least python3 works.
Please, I waiting for your feedback.
Thanks a lot.

La violenza � l'ultimo rifugio degli incapaci!

Re: No way to import pycurl

<3691951153@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2233&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2233

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:59:56 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 23:59 UTC

NM> Ok, the problem is that Mystic don't remove/delete completely python2
NM> field whe I leave it blank then python2 is not "deactivated" so when i
NM> call a pyhton3 script mystic give me the execution exception error as a
NM> reported on Mystic wiki using both version of python.

NM> To tempoaly solve this issue i can give a wrong python2 lib path (like
NM> "." or something like that) although a warning appear (Cannot initialize
NM> Python, press a key) before execute pyhton3 script; but this way at

Nothing is ever deactivated in Python when a field is blank. When its blank
its looking in all known installation locations for all known versions of
Python. This is discussed on the Wiki here:
http://wiki.mysticbbs.com/doku.php?id=python_install

When you are setting the Python 2 library name to "." you are forcing Mystic to
not detect Python 2. The fact that it finds something when blank means you
probably have multiple installations of Python, which as noted on the Wiki is
going to end in an Access Violation. Even if you trick Mystic into not finding
the base Python 2 library itself, the symbols of the modules and system
libraries will still be found later, and it will cause conflict which results
in an Access Violation.

So how do we fix it? Well I may not know but I'll try.

I think first lets see what is on your system. Please try to run one or both
of these commands to locate where you have libpython and let me know:

ldconfig -p | grep libpython
sudo find / -name 'libpython*'

.... A Skydiver is taken by the gravity of his situation.

Re: No way to import pycurl

<427382476@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2236&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2236

From: nospam.Nicola.Mettimano@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:56:17 +1300
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 09:56 UTC

g0> ldconfig -p | grep libpython

https://pastebin.com/ELW0eYSv

g0> sudo find / -name 'libpython*'

ttps://pastebin.com/pi9wuw92

Many thanks James ;-)

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent!